OH - Catherine Sackrider, 58, Sylvania, 18 Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Ronso, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Ronso

Ronso New Member

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/...of-missing-sylvania-township-woman-a-homicide

2. Loading...

3. shefner

shefner Websleuth Member

Oh my, that doesn't sound good. Who does she have in her life that would have anything against her? An ex-husband? A rejected companion? An angry neighbor?

4. Ronso

Ronso New Member

5. sadnpod

sadnpod New Member

Strange. Hope she is found soon.

6. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

7. Lavanda Dolce

Lavanda Dolce Former Member

8. LivingJuicy

LivingJuicy Justice for Jennifer

Morning! On this thread, it says IN but Lagrange is in Ohio. I lived near there years ago and my mom lives in a neighboring city. I'm out of town now but will talk to my mom and see if she's heard anything.

9. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

10. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

LJ, that confused me for a second. Catherine lives in Indiana, but her DD is from Ohio where she had visited.

11. MNlady

MNlady New Member

This really is confusing isn't it? She lived in IN, was visiting her daughter in OH, truck is found in OH, body is found in Lenawee County, Michigan. :banghead: Do all three state lines come together in that area?? :banghead:

If this body is Catherine Sackrider, seems strange to me...the break in where only her phone and a 'special' knife, modified by her deceased husband, were stolen. The above link also says a picture of her deceased husband was found in the abandoned truck along with her purse. Wondering if this perp is someone from her husband's family who hated her. :moo:

12. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

Locations (OH/MI) are close

http://goo.gl/maps/FPq4H

13. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

14. Joe Friday

Joe Friday Active Member

Lenawee County body found is woman last seen in Sylvania

On Tuesday, Lenawee County Sheriff Jack Welsh said that "based on dental records, the body of the female found in Palmyra Township on Friday, 11-9-12, has been identified" as Catherine "Cathy" Sackrider.

(Snipped)

The autopsy performed, on the body, did not determine a cause of death.

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=824987#.UKLv3mez6AY

15. Joe Friday

Joe Friday Active Member

RIP - Cathy

16. OkieGranny

OkieGranny <b><span style="color:#660033;">WS Forum Coordinat Forum Coordinators

From September 2013:

http://www.nbc24.com/news/story.aspx?id=944352#.VaDTnM78FWY

17. A-Christie

A-Christie New Member

Shall be interesting if JDW from Sierah J's case is responsible. Wonder if Cathy S knew JDW???

18. Bodine

Bodine New Member

The fact that her truck was found at a park that is not easy to find, but within walking distance to the residence she was last known to be at is curious.

Why dump the body in Blissfield, some 20+ miles away, but leave the truck near where she was last seen?

Also curious is the fact that her disappearance was reported by locals in Indiana (a week after she disappeared), but no one in her family was concerned or checked to see if she made it back home safely after leaving Sylvania.

19. My3LilKittens

My3LilKittens Member

No new updates and it appears there was once a FB page dedicated to finding her that has been deleted. The break-in prior to her disappearance feels very personal. Only taking a cell phone and a special knife her dad made for her? Clearly wants to know what she has been up to on the phone and then making a statement with taking something special to her?

There is a rift somewhere in the family ......or with a prior husband/boyfriend.

Someone ALWAYS knows .....

20. Bodine

Bodine New Member

Agreed, the facts of the case make it feel like someone(s) she knew and someone she knew in Sylvania. The passing of her husband shortly before always brings to mind the problems inheritance issues can (and money in general) cause in a family.

Not pointing fingers, but I know where I'd start the investigation given where the truck was found in relation to where she was last seen.

21. My3LilKittens

My3LilKittens Member

I really have to say ...who goes out of their way to create a FB page for a victim and then deletes it? As a social media enthusiast, makes me REALLY wonder who ran it and the reason they decided to delete it even though no murderer has been found....These are usually run by family/friends. Wonder what they knew that we didn't .......