OH - Chanykque Collier, 14, Feb 2006

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by mysteriew, Sep 22, 2005.

1. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

Chanykque Collier went to school Sept. 12 and hasn't been seen since, NewsChannel5 reported.

Her mother is worried because she hasn't called any of her friends and she's never run away before.

"Maybe she can just call home and let me know that she's OK. Please, I just need to see her face," her mother, Dana Collier, said.

Chanykque is 5 feet, 2 inches tall and weighs about 150 pounds and has a scar on her left temple.
    http://www.newsnet5.com/news/5005488/detail.html

2. Loading...

3. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

I don't know if anyone would recognize her from that picture. They need to show a picture that really shows her face. The article also doesn't say what she was wearing...did she go to school and then leave afterwards...not go at all...did she have a boyfriend, etc, etc. Why do these articles not give any information if they want the public's help for pity sake!
    I hope this girl just went to a friends's home or something simple like that.

There should be a show like "America's Most Wanted" only for missing children. I don't think that people realize how many people of all ages there are missing. They could do a little segment on each person...make them real to the public. They could do a certain number a couple times a week. Lord only knows that something has to be done to get all of the missings faces and storys out there.

4. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

The link in the OP is still active. The date of that disappearance is SEP 12, 2005.

In a PDF from the missing children's clearing house state of OH Attn Gen office publication Chanykque is listed again as missing however the date missing is listed as: Feb 22, 2006.

So IMHO it appears she was recovered initially and then disappeared again in feb of 2006.

I can't find any docs to support that she has been recovered this second time. However, her DOB of is listed on the PDF and it shows she turned 18 this past July. She might start showing up in public databases soon.

Link to PDF~ page of interest is #98

http://www.mcc.ag.state.oh.us/pdf/stats_spring_2006.pdf

5. mywarmbluefleece

mywarmbluefleece New Member

East Cleveland has a very, very high poverty rate. It is possible this was the only recent photo the mom had of her daughter.

I pray that she is found safely and the problems she is running away from can be fixed.