OH - Chelsea Martinez, 24, Columbus, 30 July 2015

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by los2188, Aug 5, 2015.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Chelsea Martinez
    [​IMG]
    Sheriff: Missing Ohio Woman’s Car Found In Rice County
    http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/08/04/sheriff-missing-ohio-womans-car-found-in-rice-co/

2. Loading...

3. jaroba07

jaroba07 New Member

Oh wow. She looks so young for 24. I hope she is found and that she didn't harm herself in any way like that article suggested.

4. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

Confusing. She was reported missing on July 30, but made statements on August 1 that she wanted to harm herself. So somehow, she was still communicating after being reported missing, or is that just an error in the story?

5. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

I can't find any reference on the internet to "Shagger Park" except in articles that relate to her car being found there. I wonder if that's an error also? Noodling around on social media, it seems she was in a troubled marriage.

6. Vail

Vail Justice for Emily Anne

It is actually Shager Park in Fairbault, MN, which is south of the Twin Cities:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...42,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x99feba4b71f441cd

It appears she was reported missing on the 30th by someone back in Ohio. It would take a good day of driving to get from Ohio to where her car was located. She could have still been in contact with someone via her phone to indicate her intention was suicide on Aug 1.

So why Fairbault? Her SM doesn't have much sign of depression and I am not able to find anyone connected to her from MN (yet). That is a very large body of water - PD have their work cut out for them.

7. Tulessa

Tulessa Active Member

8. savagewoman

savagewoman Member

The park is close to Interstate 35 (runs from Duluth, MN to San Antonio, TX) but on the other side of Faribault (a smaller city way south of the Twin Cities). There are homes on the lake but it is in farm country.

9. FindingTheMissing

FindingTheMissing New Member

10. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Well-Known Member

11. FindingTheMissing

The link I posted above was updated since the press conference. It seems the man arrested earlier is connected as he led police to her body.

http://www.southernminn.com/faribault_daily_news/article_7fee8552-1257-525f-abd5-c0b70e83e312.html

RIP Chelsea :rose:

12. perfectingpink

13. FindingTheMissing

Oh my! I wonder if this was random? She looks too pretty and so well put together to have had any type of connection to this guy.

14. savagewoman

savagewoman Member

15. FindingTheMissing

Ah geez. So sad indeed. These young women and teenage girls will never learn when it comes to trusting these creeps they meet online. You would think there is enough horror stories out there in the news to make them think twice. But they either don't get it, or think it wont happen to them :(

16. bessie

bessie <b><span style="color:#007C00;">WS Administrator</ Administrator

17. Lulu14

Lulu14 New Member

Oh, wow, my husband's family is from Faribault, it's a little farming town.

18. savagewoman

savagewoman Member

This is really out if my league - Experience Project...Vampires. She has discussed suicide to others. Maybe she asked for help.

19. FindingTheMissing

EP has been around for quite a while, around the same time as Myspace and Facebook. It's a social networking site but different in the sense that you network with others who share the same life experiences as you. For instance, I have an account there and belong to a few groups dealing with panic disorder and anxiety. There are literally tons of groups for various life experiences, such as rape, bullying, divorce, losing a loved one, suicide, depression. Then you also have the things like I'm obsessed with vampires, kinky sex, and other really bizarre things. You can blog, share stories, or just respond to stories and group posts. You can make friends (they call them "fans") I have found it therapeutic when I was really active there. BUT... there are a LOT of creepy people on there. I've been on there maybe 5 years or so and have seen more than my fair share of them. I never give my real name or location, although many do. And just like any other social networking site, while I'd never consider meeting someone in person, there are many that actually do.

20. KateB

KateB New Member

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3875095.shtml?cat=127
    Criminal complaint: http://kstp.com/kstpImages/repository/cs/files/Scanned1.pdf

RIP Chelsea.

21. perfectingpink