Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spent several hours reading threads 1 & 2 to get familiar with the case.
It's so hard when cases have a clear POI but certain pieces of the "arrest someone" puzzle are missing, especially the most important piece, Cheryl. Harder when there's silence and you can do nothing but sit, wait, and hope the case is still slowly building.

I hope Cheryl's case will one day come to a close. 8 months and counting...

Your post above and about RPD, and their statement, I like the word it ( seems), I live in Riverside, and there is so much other crime that there is no time or no new evidence to solve this, I feel so bad for a Cheryl, our crappy society has let her down and the other missing, because of sloppy LE work, and prosecutors afraid to do use the laws at there disposal afraid of there screwing up their careers,
<modsnip: off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
After the Memorial Day tornado outbreak, and the hardships that the majority of the local residents are enduring puts the emphases that were on trying to help locate the missing ,are now #364 on the list, of priorities.
Being part of the military and govt my entire life I know a lot of people, so between the base and local communities they are trying the best they can, until govt monies come flowing in which will take a long time.
My home on base was not visibly damaged but sustained the brunt of the tornadic winds, I am waiting for a govt inspector to check my home , if it’s bad internally , it’s gets added to the condemned list, I am trying to stay focused on normal life , like this case , our lives, but it’s hard...

I am very happy that the tornados missed Cheryl’s home and her moms home, at this point this family does not need any more hardship, but I feel the community support they were receiving is waneing due to their unforeseen hardships......

I know the local communities are stretched to the limits now, but with the grace of god, I hope LE can get lucky , find Cheryl, and close this case, the tornados were extremely bad but just maybe the aftermath will expose her location, and bring some light to a very dark day....

I did have a question about the Coker case, back in the beginning, about the $4000.00 was that ever located, determined where it went.was it real, or was he lying to make Cheryl bad.....

I have been driving around the area and I noticed that the “Cheryl strong” numbers of signs on lawns are shrinking, don’t see the numbers anymore, and a few aren’t maintained so you can see either leaning or tipped over.
Without any new action people are losing interest , either by short attention spans or post tornado ...
Once the interest wanes she’s lost forever....

Not Cheryl. Prayers going out to this man’s family and friends as well as Cheryl’s. And always praying every day that Cheryl will be found.

Fairfield man identified as victim in fatal drowning on Great Miami River in Hamilton

“The body of a 35-year-old Fairfield man was spotted Monday morning on the west side of the Great Miami River, just upriver of the Black Street Bridge.

The Butler County Sheriff’s Office Monday afternoon identified him as Nathan Durbin.”

Not Cheryl. Prayers going out to this man’s family and friends as well as Cheryl’s. And always praying every day that Cheryl will be found.

Fairfield man identified as victim in fatal drowning on Great Miami River in Hamilton

“The body of a 35-year-old Fairfield man was spotted Monday morning on the west side of the Great Miami River, just upriver of the Black Street Bridge.

The Butler County Sheriff’s Office Monday afternoon identified him as Nathan Durbin.”

This is not the same body that was recovered in my above mentioned post. Different areas. The body in the first post has yet to be identified.

I think the big difference is the kinds of evidence that were found in Jennifer's case - blood in particular. With Cheryl's case law enforcement may not have anything like that. If they did, after this much time for sure, I would expect an arrest. But then again, we have the Rhoden family case in Ohio where law enforcement knew who they were after for quite a long time, had the bodies, and piles of evidence and they took a long time before making an arrest.

Unfortunately, it is quite apparent that Cheryl's case will not go forward until she is located. As I mentioned earlier on the previous thread there hasn't been a no body case tried anywhere in Ohio in over 90 years. I would be shocked if they move forward without her body.

Actually a man was convicted in Ohio, they have never found the body. Carrie Culberson went missing in 1996. Vincent Doan was convicted.
Family of Carrie Culberson continues to search for her decades after convicted killer imprisoned

Well I wonder how number one suspect William is celebrating a Fathers Day, I bet in his pea brain he thinks he’s father of the year, having to play both roles..
It’s individual like him that give Fathers Day a bad name, real fathers honor their wife’s and care for their children, live as a family unit even with the ups and downs, of life..
I see him as a coward as the police suspect him murdering his wife , and now he’s lying to his daughter
There is NO excuse on this planet for him committing this crime he’s accused of, but on judgement day I hope he rots in hell.....

Love your comment Tooltime that real fathers honor their wives. By all accounts he does not. Even if he was innocent, a good father does NOT take his girlfriend on a trip to Florida when a divorce is not final...particularly with a teenage daughter. Simply GROSS.

I am almost convinced at this point that the girlfriend had full knowledge of his plan and here's why:
Cheryl Coker: Police confirm they have suspect in missing woman's case

On Aug. 28, Bill Coker's girlfriend told police Cheryl texted her asking that if Cheryl "were to die or wasn't in the picture, would she pursue a permanent relationship" with Bill. (btw, I think that statement was poorly written. I think the alleged text was sent Aug. 28?)

Anyhow, that text to me says that this crime had to have been well-planned and with the girlfriend's knowledge and consent because according to police interviews, the girlfriend went into elaborate detail about how she and Bill would party with Cheryl at bars and at the home and that Cheryl was supportive and encouraged their relationship. IF that was true, and Cheryl and the girlfriend knew each other fairly well, WHY would the girlfriend NOT respond to the text or ask to meet with her to discuss why she would text such a thing? I think she didn't because she knew the text was a plant by Bill.

And if they're in an open marriage and partying together, it makes no sense that Cheryl would send such a text in the first place.

Also this from same article: The weekend before she went missing, Cheryl attended her niece's wedding while Bill took their daughter on a trip to Florida. Police confirm Bill Coker took his girlfriend, too. Cheryl's best friend, Shelly Appelhans, says Cheryl could not have known that.

I believe this to be true, that Cheryl had no knowledge that the girlfriend accompanied Bill and daughter on the Florida trip. And if not, I do wonder how that was pulled off because teenagers like to text and post things on social media. I would hope that LE has had extensive interviews with the teen to determine whether Bill asked her not to mention the girlfriend's presence or whether texts between mom and teen during that time prove her knowledge of the third party. Police had the warrants for the cell phone data...that would include the minor's correct? As far as interviews, I don't know how that works with her being a minor. Would LE need to get dad's consent?

According to family members, the pain is excruciating. Bill recently brought his girlfriend to a school recital. I cannot imagine the pain and rage that must have stirred up in Cheryl's mom. I can only assume that the teen may feel a special kinship with the girlfriend, after all, they vacationed together and she spends a good deal of time at the home. It's only natural. (Doesn't take away her love for her mom at all).

I don't believe her body will be found anytime soon. And I don't believe LE has enough to bring on a successful case without one.

This is worth another visit. I know the documents are hard to read in this format, but it's the only copy I can find.

1. After re-reading, there supposedly were multiple texts between Cheryl and the girlfriend (about 2:10 in). The messages began on August 28, but the report does not list an end date. LE has copies of these alleged discussions.

2. The girlfriend told police that she responded to Cheryl that William would be devastated if Cheryl wasn't in the picture.

3. The girlfriend told police that it was Cheryl that approached her back in May, asking her to date William to "occupy" his time and that he was lonely.

4. The girlfriend told police that the messages couldn't have come from Bill because all of the messages were spelled correctly and used proper punctuation, and his never were.

5. The girlfriend told police she and Cheryl never discussed the odd text messages after they were sent. The girlfriend also CANNOT RECALL if she ever discussed the messages with Bill.

6. The girlfriend told police that she and Cheryl were FRIENDS and that Cheryl always welcomed her at the house and told her to make herself feel at home. HOWEVER, the girlfriend then advised police that she was no longer welcome at the house and that the filing of the divorce "changed" Cheryl.

7. The girlfriend told police that the divorce "blind-sided" Bill.

8. The girlfriend admitted to the going on the Florida vacation with Bill and teen, and said it was "a secret to a lot of people."

9. And there's an interesting tidbit from the girlfriend's alleged ex-boyfriend -- take with a grain.

I must say, I have never read a more self-serving interview. Bill would be "devastated" if Cheryl wasn't in the picture; she was pushed into this relationship at Cheryl's insistence; she and Cheryl were friends- they hung together as couples in an open marriage (you know, me and Bill, and Cheryl and whatever guy she'd take home from the bar); overnight she "changes", files for divorce and blindsides her husband and breaks off the friendship with the girlfriend. It's like gf and Bill are the victims here.

Thoughts?

<modsnip: referenced post was removed>

Police early on deemed William Coker a person of interest. POI's are okay to sleuth.

The girlfriend's police interview is out there and she's wholly relevant. I'm simply rehashing case documents and speculating. I'm not digging into her past or looking up her disciplinary records in school.

This is kind of a dead thread, sadly. I started posting this information to get the conversation going again for Cheryl's sake.

I don't think there's anything wrong with sharing a simple truth that hundreds witnessed the girlfriend attending a school function. I mention it to make the point that IF he/they are guilty, they are playing their parts well.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members