Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #3

I watched an episode yesterday that reminded me so much of this case. I believe it was in TN (I don't recall the victim's name sadly), but she was never found and nobody filed a missing person's case until her hairdresser raised the issue months later.

The victim's parents were deceased, so no family alarm bells went off. The husband, when finally approached by LE, casually said she left him.

I believe a civil case was brought against him, but he just plead the fifth through the entire thing. I didn't realize one could do that. The one thing they did glean from their investigation was that he was seeing another woman.

The husband, just like WC, claimed they had thousands of dollars stashed in the attic, and it was missing.

Turns out they did formally charge him twice, but both times they dropped the case right before trial because they were afraid they didn't have enough evidence.

The victim in this case was being seen for depression, as she was going through menopause and experiencing mood swings. All women go through the change eventually, and it's really disheartening to know a defense attorney can turn a naturally occurring biological function into something more. I'm not saying that some women can't have severe reactions and disappear on their own; just that the vast majority don't.

From the outside, it seems like Cheryl's case has so much more. But who knows.

It was a sad reminder that some people don't get justice. I pray that's not the case with Cheryl, but I must admit that I'm losing hope.

For Cheryl
May whoever did this to you, be brought to Justice.

It's not fair that your life was taken with so much Love you were living for.

Cheryl Coker: Autopsy shows cause of death suggests ‘homicidal violence’

Updated: August 31, 2020 - 12:30 PM

SBM

While an exact cause and manner of death were unable to be determined, coroner’s office investigators suggested the death of Cheryl Coker is related to foul play, according to an autopsy report obtained Friday by News Center 7.

The cause of death is related to foul play and as such a common term used to certify the cause of death is homicidal violence of unknown etiology.”

The autopsy findings do not end the chances of possible prosecution for her death.

The autopsy also said there is no reported history to suggest the remains were taken to the wooden area where they were found “for any other purpose but to conceal the death.”

Cheryl Coker’s remains were identified by using dental records and implanted medical hardware in the spine, the report shows.

The hyoid bone, which is a u-shaped bone situated at the root of the tongue and in front of the neck, was not found, the report read.

The Riverside mother was reported missing on Oct. 2, 2018, by her sister MK, who had been searching for her sister after Cheryl’s 15-year-old daughter couldn’t reach her mother.

Search warrants were executed in February 2020 in the Cheryl Coker homicide investigation, Riverside police said a year after Cheryl Coker’s husband Bill Coker was named a suspect in her case. Bill Coker has not been charged.

Investigation after her disappearance painted a picture of a troubled relationship with her husband leading to a recent filing for divorce.

Bill Coker has maintained his innocence, but in October Cheryl Coker’s family said they don’t believe it.

“Someone knows,” Keenan said. “Somebody knows and shame on them.”

More @ link
#JUSTICE4CHERYL
Edit to add initials

Newcomer Family Obituaries - Cheryl Lynn Coker 1972 - 2018

SBM ( about Cheryl)

Cheryl was a dedicated mother. She was their loudest cheerleader and their biggest fan. She attended all of their sporting events and she ensured her daughters were provided all the necessary tools to guarantee their success. Cheryl embraced being a grandmother with all of heart and soul and she immensely loved her granddaughter, she still misses her “mamaw Coker”.

Cheryl was a devoted daughter who valued her time with her mother. Cheryl spoke to her mother daily. They vacationed many times together. The most memorable vacation was to NYC with her mother and sister, where they were able to “see the sights” and catch a Broadway show. Cheryl loved life and entertaining family and friends at her home, she never missed a holiday with her family.

Cheryl will be remembered as a fun-loving person with an infectious laugh and a love for country music, especially Brad Paisley. Cheryl was a very sweet person, her love and kindness will forever leave a mark in our hearts, her untimely death leaves us heartbroken.

Edit of names
More @ link
Prayers for her loved one's
Cheryl was truly a bright light to her beloved family.

Cheryl Coker 2 years later: ‘We’re confident they’re going to solve what happened'

snipped
By: WHIO Staff
Updated: October 2, 2020 - 11:11 AM
RIVERSIDE — Two years after Riverside mother Cheryl Coker disappeared, and nearly six months since her remains were found off a rural road in Greene County, there have been no arrests in connection to her disappearance or death.

Cheryl Coker was laid to rest last month in a private Mass of Christian Burial at St. Helen Catholic Church, which is just a few blocks from her home in Riverside.

“We’re confident they’re going to solve what happened," Cheryl Coker’s sister-in-law told News Center 7′s Cheryl McHenry Friday. “They’re (BCI) not sharing any details, but we know they are working diligently on the case.”

Cheryl Coker’s remains were found off Waynesville Jamestown Road in April. She had been missing since Oct. 2, 2018.

Hoping BCI is shaking a lot of people down, because after this much time, it's going to take a lot of tenacity coupled with someone's heavy conscious to bust loose some minor detail that might stand up in court.

Her case was grossly mishandled. JMO.

I wish they would just arrest the ex husband already, I mean I know they want a clad iron case but still, it’s frustrating, and must be awful for the family. Dayton native.

I wish they would just arrest the ex husband already, I mean I know they want a clad iron case but still, it’s frustrating, and must be awful for the family. Dayton native.
I hope this isn’t going to be another Michelle Parker case .... 9 years and the POI (Ex) still not arrested - not enough evidence

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickyBones
Back