OH OH - Chillicothe/Middletown Missing/Murdered, Possible Serial Killer

You can watch Gone: The Forgotten Women of Ohio here.

I think watching it is a must for those interested in this case. Definitely worth your time, IMO & I look forward to discussing some things with those who have seen it.

You can watch Gone: The Forgotten Women of Ohio here.

I think watching it is a must for those interested in this case. Definitely worth your time, IMO & I look forward to discussing some things with those who have seen it.

I have gotten so much more out of this series than the Vanished series. These folks are talking directly to the inmates who may know more than they let on. One thing is for sure, they are all afraid of Dollar Bill. I think that Charlotte could be found if they follow up on the leads from Cheese and Jason McCrary.

I'm not sure what to think of Cheese and Jason blabbing. My understanding is snitches aren't looked upon very fondly in this drug culture, so I'm suspicious that they're snitching on film.

What does everyone think about the LE connection? Were they just trying to get more arrests by looking the other way with Dolla Bill? Were LE afraid of him? Were they just trying to make extra money for themselves? Are the inmates and street CI's just full of BS(I don't think so...too many on the street pointed at several of the same LEO's by name)?

I'm just wondering if these allegedly corrupt cops knew that Dolla Bill was connected to these women's murders. It's bad enough if they intentionally overlooked his drug dealing, but if they knew about murders and haven't spoken up, woe to them!

Why is it a newspaper out of Des Moines Iowa writing on this? What is the connection to Chillicothe Ohio? Thanks!!

No idea! I was wondering the same thing. I thought the two cities were much closer than they are...but, no, they're over 10 hrs apart??!!

We'll Spike has that TV show called the forgotten women or something and investigation discovery had that series so it has national attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angela Fowler Hammond's was my sister she was found dead up by water reservoir on Sunrise Avenue in Portsmouth Ohio back in the summer of 2005. The detective on the case was detective Crapeu let's just say he is a ****** cop in Portsmouth Ohio and he said the reason she was found with a cender block on her head was because maybe someone didn't want to see her face... Why would anyone put a cender block on someone's face unless they used it to kill her... Anyway I heard plenty of people say it was a guy named Rocky Newman he got questioned several times but nothing ever came of it and then so much time had passed they cops changed it to od but of course it wasn't but her body was found so decomposed by the heat they sent her to Indiana to try and identify her body by her dental records anyway the Portsmouth police department hides alot of stuff under the rug so to speak and then years later a girl I met named Sherry told me that Rocky Newman admitted to her that he did it because Angela wouldn't have sex with him and he had a mad crush on her but I don't know how true it is... Also another lead is an old man by the name of Leroy Truman which she was dating at the time of her disappearance he lived the next street over at the time of Angela getting found on Kent Street in Portsmouth Ohio but still it has been 12 years and nothing I truly believe they closed it and ruled it an od after they said it was a homicide... Because they didn't want to waste there time as if the mfers did there job they are a laughing stock that sweeps alot of dead bodies under the rug

Oh and Rocky Newman just got out of prison last year for something else he did just thought I would mention it if it helps it might solve one of these cases oh and there was a get named John Thompson that said he was using in Franklin Furnance and there is a guy that always tells people that they are walking on Megan Lancaster when they walk up to go on his porch
.. so if it helps I hope so

Melinda3085 so sorry to hear about your sister, Angela. Does she have a thread here on WS? The sleuthers on here are great, and may be able to help you. I pray you have a resolution to her case. A cinderblock on her head doesn't sound much like an OD.

Hey i am new to this thread. I havent read through this in its entirety so please forgive me if i repeat information. I really started to explore or investigate if you will after i heard sarah woods died the day after the portsmouth episode of GONE aired close to the place where megan lancaster car was found. I thought that was odd and then i thought it was odd that not one word was mentioned in the paper or other news outlets. Rumors were she was beaten to death and others say overdose. Either way, i would have expected it to be in the paper. 2 weeks later the PDT has a write up. Then when i watched the other episodes and learned the girl with the tatoo shop helpers jenifer? died, i really found it odd. Then someone i knew personally was interviewed pretty extensively on the portsmouth episode died of an overdose, it became way to much of a coincidence for me. So i started going back to around 2005 when a few women in portsmouths came up missing or dead. I was prostituting then and my life was a whirlwind, a blur and for reasons i dont know on this side of earth I was able to get clean and escape that life so today i feel that i need to give back , to make a difference since i was spared. So i read about angela fowler hammonds. Melinda i am sorry for your pain. I read a change.org from 2009 maybe that was asking for the case to be reopened. I did a google search on Angela. I have searched PDT archives and there is nothing that i can find about her. Please dont take offense to this i dont mean to be hurtful but the women who are missing or killed do have addiction and prostitution in common. Many of them have little family or financial support and therefore they are easy to "sweep under the rug". I imagine you all already know that if the commonality of these women were that of something our society deems as upper class, this would have been solved years ago!! Ive met Rocky around 2005. There was a rumor he had killed someone but i vaguely remember details about what was said then. Now im sure u are also aware that some higher ups in portsmouth are thought to have knowledge of whats happened. An attorney in portsmouth seems to be a common factor for several of these women too. My own personal knowledge includes between 2003 and 2005, i would drop off a girl i was runnin with at this attorneys office and about 20 munutes later she would come back out with money. I know of a similar and more recent (2011 maybe) but sharing that would be something that could identify me and tbh i am scared. I am trying to, on the low low down low contact people who have had personal experiences with whom i am speaking of. There is an opportunity to share their information annonymously with investigators from out of state. I have 2 so far.

And portsmouth has a large treatment center that several of the women have in common. Alot of drug use, selling and all that goes with that life flows from columbus right down 23 south through chillicothe and to portsmouth. I hope that portsmouth law officials are not still claiming there is no connections between these women because there maybe connection is not the word ....commonalities addiction, prostitution, criminal histories, and several in portsmouth at some point for rehab.

I think that there is several corrupt police officers on the Chillicothe Police Department. I think the police officers know that Dollar Bill was involved in the disappearances and are looking the other way. It also seems to me that if the police department went to the show producers after the show ended and got the coordinates for the possible remains of Charlotte Trego, they probably would have found her. I feel so bad for the families of the missing women because they probably won't get justice...

State asked to help in probe of 6 women reported missing

Middletown Police Lt. Scott Reeve tells The Hamilton-Middletown Journal-News the only solid connection seems to be that they all live within a 35-mile radius along Interstates 71 and 75. The first woman was reported missing in May 2016, and the last was reported missing in August 2017. Four of the women are from Middletown.
Read more: http://www.latimes.com/sns-bc-oh--missing-women-ohio-20171004-story.html

None of the missing women are named in the above article but we have threads for a few from Middletown and nearby:

Brandy English: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?319658-OH-Brandy-English-41-Middletown-11-May-2016

Amber Flack: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?319661-OH-Amber-Flack-30-Middletown-1-September-2016

Chesley Coe: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?350723-OH-Chelsey-Coe-25-Miamisburg-August-2017

Amber Whitmer: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...H-Amber-Marie-Whitmer-31-Springfield-May-2016

Another article:

Search ramps up for 6 Ohio women missing within 35-mile radius

October 5, 2017

6 MISSING OHIO WOME DISAPPEAR FROM SAME AREA

They all live within a 35-mile radius along Interstates 71 and 75.

MIDDLETOWN, Ohio -- Police investigating the cases of six women reported missing in southwest Ohio are seeking state help in determining if there's a connection between the women.

http://wdtn.com/2017/10/05/search-ramps-up-for-6-ohio-women-missing-within-35-mile-radius/

Lindsay Bogan, 30, Middletown -- missing 13 Sept 2015; remains found in Madison Twp, July 2016

Six still missing:

Amber Whitmer, 30, Springfield, May 2016

Brandy English, 41, Middletown, 11 May 2016 -- Brandy was aiding LE in Bogan's case prior to the discovery of Bogan's remains.

Amber Flack, 30, Middletown, 1 September 2016

Melinda Miller, 47, Middletown, Feb 2017

Michelle Burgan, 37, Middletown, 16 May 2017 -- friend of English, who was Nogan's friend.

Chelsea Coe, 25, Miamisburg, August 2017

[...]

“We will have a meeting with Middletown in the next several days,” Attorney General Mike DeWine said. “To go look through their files. Look at all the information they have.”

Police are now learning some of the women have mutual friends. Michelle Burgan’s family says her husband is friends with Brandy English. Also, Chelsey Coe and Melinda Miller were both last seen leaving their homes with a male friend.

[...]

If you have any information about the whereabouts of Brandy English, Melinda Miller, Amber Flack or Michelle Burgan, contact the Middletown Police Department at (513) 425-7700.

If you have any information about the whereabouts of Amber Whiter, contact the Springfield Police Department at (937) 324-7680.

If you have any information about the whereabouts of Chelsey Coe, contact the Miamisburg Police Department at (937) 847-6612.

-------------------

So far, LE says there is no indication the missing women are victims of a serial killer. So, for the time being we'll leave the thread in Missing. Eventually, as more facts are learned, we might move to the SK forum.

Family pleads for answers as police investigate missing women

By Jordan Bowen
Published: September 26, 2017, 10:38 pm Updated: September 28, 2017, 1:48 pm

MIAMISBURG, Ohio (WDTN) – A search is on for six missing women who’ve all disappeared within a 35-mile radius over the last few months. Multiple police departments are now working together, searching for any connections between cases.

25-year-old Chelsey Coe of Miamisburg was last seen in early August leaving a friend’s house and hasn’t been seen or heard from since. The Miamisburg Police Department is now working the case.

[...]

Authorities say the 6 cases are similar in that all of the women have struggled with drug abuse. Some have also had a history of prostitution, but Eversole says Chelsey seemed to be doing fine.

“The last that I had spoke with her she was doing really well and was going to go back to school at Sinclair,” Eversole said. “Her and her mother were doing really well.”

[...]

Authorities say a Dark Green 2000 Honda Odyssey was registered in Chelsey’s name with Ohio license plate GXT-3842.

If you have any information about the case call Miamisburg Police Department Detective Sgt. Jeff Muncy at 937-847-6612.

http://wdtn.com/2017/09/26/family-pleads-for-answers-after-woman-is-1-of-6-missing/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Article from May when only three were missing:

Few answers in cases of 3 missing Middletown women

View Caption
MIDDLETOWN

Middletown police are investigating the cases of three missing Middletown women, two who have been missing since last year and another reported missing last week.

One of the missing women had helped detectives in their search for Lindsay Bogan, who had been missing for months before her remains were found last summer in a Madison Twp. field.

[...]

“We have have heard Brandy is hiding out in Lemon Twp. because of the Lindsay Bogan case,” Cunningham said.

(More at link)

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...sing-middletown-women/A1M5ZDa1v1BJZMs3l3IP9N/

Oct 2016

[...]

Brandy English, 41, was reported missing in May by her daughter, according to police. English was a friend of Lindsay Bogan, who was missing for months before her remains were found in July by a farmer.

English, police told the Journal-News, was helping detectives with the Bogan investigation.

[...]

Both Flack and English, like Bogan, were known to police for drug use and prostitution, Cunningham said.

“That lifestyle means people can disappear for a while,” he said, but added their families are concerned about them and detectives want to find them.

English made it known to others she was helping police in their investigation of Bogan’s death, Cunningham told the Journal-News.

He said English’s disappearance may be connected to the Bogan case, but Flack’s is not.

“There’s not someone out there responsible for all of them,” he said.

http://www.journal-news.com/news/mi...ogan-case-now-missing/zSOOrTWwtGDp6zT74IZfXK/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back