OH - Christopher Lee Cornell -Ohio Man arrested for terrorist plot

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by bexlex, Jan 15, 2015.

1. bexlex

bexlex New Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ect-arrested-outside-ohio-gun-store/21782153/

"Christopher was a "momma's boy who never left the house," Cornell told The Enquirer......Christopher still had a room in the family family home that he came back to every day.....The FBI has been monitoring Cornell's activities for about six months with the help of an informant who was facing possible criminal charges and wanted leniency."

Somehow I think this guy is more of a cautionary tale to parents. I wonder if there isn't some mental health aspect at play here. I saw the dad on CNN today and he seems to think his kid was led astray by the "informant". Interesting that the FBI had been monitoring him.

2. Loading...

3. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Active Member

He reminds me of Charles Manson.

4. bexlex

bexlex New Member

5. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Not today, Satan, not today.

Year after arrest, no Ohio trial set in Capitol attack plot case; awaiting competency report

6. GeeEm

GeeEm New Member

August 1, 2016
    12:33 PM EDT

​Ohio ISIS supporter allegedly planned State of the Union attack

The FBI arrested Cornell in January 2015 outside a suburban gun shop where they said he had just bought two M-15 assault weapons and ammunition. They said previously he planned also to attack with pipe bombs.

Cornell had previously pleaded not guilty and his father claimed he was misled by "a snitch."

U.S. District Judge Sandra Beckwith scheduled sentencing for Oct. 31. Prosecutors say they will ask for a maximum prison sentence of 30 years. Beckwith ruled in April that Cornell was competent to stand trial after his attorneys questioned his mental state.

Cornell, who repeatedly identified himself as Muslim, said he wanted to carry out the attack because of "the continued American aggression against our people and the fact that America, specifically President Obama, wants to wage war against Islamic State."

He said: "They might say I'm a terrorist, but you know we see American troops as terrorists as well, coming to our land, stealing our resources and killing our people, raping our women."

Cornell, 20, grew up in the Cincinnati suburbs and still lived with his parents. He said support for ISIS in the U.S. is widespread.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsn...ee-cornell-planned-state-of-the-union-attack/

7. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Not today, Satan, not today.

He said: "..stealing our resources and killing our people, raping our women."

Wow does that sound familiar!

'You rape our women and are taking over our country,.' - Dylann Roof