Found Deceased OH - Cory Barron, 22, Cleveland, 18 July 2014

Progressive Field isn't next to Lake Erie -- you have to travel over a mile to get to the lake from the stadium:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/240...62c34f15f8d814fd!2m2!1d-81.697144!2d41.510425

Also, the Cuyahoga River isn't nearby, either, unless you walk down to the Flats. The stadium isn't near the river, you'd have to be pretty deliberate to go find it.

The river is literally a walk across the street from the stadium.. and you can get to lake erie in no time, its a short walk across the bridge right in front of the stadium.

Its the Cuyahoga River on the other side of canal rd - is that what you're thinking of?

yes! im so dumb. i just googled the nautica pavillion to figure out the name. i knew there was water right there.

i was just pointing out how much water is actually right near the stadium since some people were saying there wasnt water near by, and there definitely is.

if he left during the concert it shouldnt be hard to catch him leaving on camera, because i doubt many people were exiting mid-concert.. unless he left at the same time as the crowd, shoving their way out the doors all at the same time, then it makes sense that they cant spot him on camera in the crowd.

yes! im so dumb. i just googled the nautica pavillion to figure out the name. i knew there was water right there.

I am from the area and I didn't know the name of it either! Every time I go into Cleveland from 176 north you can see how close the river is to the stadium. It wouldn't be a stretch to walk there. To get to the lake is a longer walk but if he was taken by force and thrown in a car, someone could get to the lake fairly quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am from the area and I didn't know the name of it either! Every time I go into Cleveland from 176 north you can see how close the river is to the stadium. It wouldn't be a stretch to walk there. To get to the lake is a longer walk but if he was taken by force and thrown in a car, someone could get to the lake fairly quickly.

oh good, i dont feel as dumb now lol. a lot of people actually park their cars down in the flats right next to the river or near tower city and walk past the river to the stadium. their car could have easily been parked right next to the cuyahoga river...

especially if they planned on pre-gaming at the bars before the concert, parking in the flats and walking would make the most sense.

i was just pointing out how much water is actually right near the stadium since some people were saying there wasnt water near by, and there definitely is.

if he left during the concert it shouldnt be hard to catch him leaving on camera, because i doubt many people were exiting mid-concert.. unless he left at the same time as the crowd, shoving their way out the doors all at the same time, then it makes sense that they cant spot him on camera in the crowd.

Not dumb :) It's probably not in your mindset other than just being water. I live in Cuyahoga Falls along the Cuyahoga Valley National Park so the name is prominent around me.
They said they last saw him at Gate A at 9:30 and he headed off to go see other friends. I have friends who were at the concert. I'm going to call and see what time the show ran from and will let you all know.

The concert began at 6:30pm and ended around 11:15. Aldean (sp?) went on at 9:45. Approximately at 9:30pm was break time.

Not dumb :) It's probably not in your mindset other than just being water. I live in Cuyahoga Falls along the Cuyahoga Valley National Park so the name is prominent around me.
They said they last saw him at Gate A at 9:30 and he headed off to go see other friends. I have friends who were at the concert. I'm going to call and see what time the show ran from and will let you all know.

I had a few friends that went too, not me, I'm not a big country person. At all. I'd imagine it was over close to 11 or midnight, and then probably got crazy at the bars in the area afterwards. I wonder if they could have parked near the river, something made him angry at the concert and he left and walked back to the car, maybe hung out around the car waiting for his friends, maybe he drank a little, could have fallen in the river... could have also met up with one of the crazies walking around and night and got robbed? :/

There's also a large cemetery right across the street: Erie Street Cemetery

Cory's grandfather Gene was just on the Channel 3 Cleveland News. Gene said he was running to get a drink and just never returned. He then tried to plead for Cory to come home. :(

Cory's grandfather Gene was just on the Channel 3 Cleveland News. Gene said he was running to get a drink and just never returned. He then tried to plead for Cory to come home. :(

I JUST watched that

I'm wondering if the girl he had a drink with had a boyfriend............

The outfit he was wearing should make him stick out a little in people's memories. Surely there are tons of tips streaming in to police from concert goers.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-...the-jason-aldean-concert-at-progressive-field

Three former roommates canvassed the downtown Cleveland area for a second night in a row Monday. They posted more than 300 missing person flyers, talked to downtown visitors and residents, and searched back alleys.

“Very, very loving, never met a stranger,” said the former roommate. “Always smiling, made me laugh everyday.”

The group said they would continue to search for Barron, a Fremont resident and recent Bowling Green State University graduate, until he is found.

Surely LE has questioned this "friend"???
http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/loca...emont-native-still-hasnt-been-found/12977155/

Something is telling me that he never left the field where the concert was. Why would he leave his friends and family who he went with? I think they need to look over every sq inch of the field where the concert was. This is not looking good :(

I have also been wondering about this friend and why there have been no details about their account of what happened. I would hate to think something sinister happened to him because he bumped into the wrong person.

Cory is such a sweet-looking guy, and certainly physically imposing enough to hold his own. I'm hoping against all odds that he is found safe. :please:

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/loca...issing-concertgoer-search-continues/12972749/

After five thorough searches, police are convinced Barron is no longer inside the stadium. Monday they concluded a ground search of downtown Cleveland with no results...

Police say it doesn't add up. Monday they worked through the landscape trying to eliminate areas, working from most likely to least likely spots.

They've used heat-sensing helicopter to search from the air. They've checked hospitals, jails, waterways, just about anywhere Cory Barron could be. Now the progress moves to more detective duties, less physical searching.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back