GUILTY OH - Darian Polk, 28, shot to death, GF abducted, Barberton, 28 July 2007

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Taximom, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=71872

Barberton police are looking for the mother of two children after they were found home alone with a dead body.
    Barberton police responded to a home on Illinois Place around 12:45 p.m. Saturday afternoon.

Inside, they found the body of 34-year-old Darion Polk, who had been shot.

The two children were also found inside the home, and no other adults were there.

Police believe the children's mother, 32-year-old Tamara Hughes may have been abducted from the home, by 34-year-old Cameron Williams.

2. Loading...

3. chicoliving

chicoliving Former Member

Barberton police say they found the people they were looking for in connection with two children being home alone with a dead body.
    ~snip~
    Police at this time are not saying anything about the investigation, including where or when the two were found or about their connection to Polk,

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=71872

4. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

5. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Active Member

Do we know the man is actually the children's father? Or was he a stepfather or a boyfriend perhaps? It only says her husband.

Another horrible case. LE is going to be very close to vest on this one it appears. If it were homicides then an abduction of the mother...I think they would be releasing that information.

May they rest in peace and the family find the answers they need to move on from this senseless tragedy.

6. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

How bizarre! I hope the mother wasn't in on this. At least they spared the children.

7. CaliKid

CaliKid Former Member

So is the mother still missing or did they find her? I couldn't tell.

8. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

It sounds like they caught the two they were looking for, which is the man and the mother, in my opinion. The article wasn't very clear, was it? I'll try to catch it on the news tonight.

I can't imagine a mom leaving her two children behind like that. I'm hoping she wasn't part of it....

9. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

The 11:00 news didn't elaborate as to why the mother was arrested. They did say the children are with family members.

10. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

I heard briefly that the mother had been taken as hostage and escaped from the murderer. She led LE to where the murderer was hiding out.

I can't find any updated article about this on the websites, and wasn't listening to the TV enough to get the details. The man killed was her current husband, and I think they said the murderer was the ex.

:(

11. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

12. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From March 2008:

http://www.ohio.com/news/killer-sentenced-to-life-1.89857