OH - Dr. Samuel Perler-Tomboly for raping ER patient, Cincinnati, 2007

believe09

Reaction score
I cannot find a thread on this any where, but there has to be one...I need to know if this predator is going to be a life time member of the sex offender registry. He drugged and raped female patients-and he is a physician! And, drum roll please, his attorney had the nerve to use the abuse excuse....

http://www.wlwt.com/news/15701706/detail.html

I cannot find a thread on this any where, but there has to be one...I need to know if this predator is going to be a life time member of the sex offender registry. He drugged and raped female patients-and he is a physician! And, drum roll please, his attorney had the nerve to use the abuse excuse....

http://www.wlwt.com/news/15701706/detail.html

Hi believe,

This is an awful story. I haven't seen anything about it. I have a friend who claims she was sexually abused by an ER doctor, but she has some truth-telling issues, so I'm not sure what to believe. She never pursued any action or anything. I wonder how this doctor was caught. The article is not very detailed.

Why do you call it an excuse when an attorney does his job and tries to mitigate a sentence for his client? Do you not think it helps the Court to understand as much as possible about the person they are sentencing? Not trying to be antagonistic - just interested in your perspective.

Hi believe,

This is an awful story. I haven't seen anything about it. I have a friend who claims she was sexually abused by an ER doctor, but she has some truth-telling issues, so I'm not sure what to believe. She never pursued any action or anything. I wonder how this doctor was caught. The article is not very detailed.

Why do you call it an excuse when an attorney does his job and tries to mitigate a sentence for his client? Do you not think it helps the Court to understand as much as possible about the person they are sentencing? Not trying to be antagonistic - just interested in your perspective.
i can not speak for believe, only for myself but i call it a excuse as well. my reasoning is his ability to control his behavior. my father beat us for years. his "excuse" for failure to control himself was that he was beaten as a child. he could control himself in the store when we pissed him off. we would pay when we got home but in the store he acted normal. if you can control yourself until you will not get caught then you can stop yourself.

i can not speak for believe, only for myself but i call it a excuse as well. my reasoning is his ability to control his behavior. my father beat us for years. his "excuse" for failure to control himself was that he was beaten as a child. he could control himself in the store when we pissed him off. we would pay when we got home but in the store he acted normal. if you can control yourself until you will not get caught then you can stop yourself.

I do hear you.

My post wasn't clear. Such venom is always slung at the defense attorneys who are doing their job. If this doctor's defense attorney did not try to zealously represent his client and mitigate the potential sentence, his client could appeal it and get his sentence overturned or thrown out on a technicality.

By this defense attorney doing his job, the rapist doctor is more likely to have the sentence stick and to stay in jail. We need these defense attorneys to do this. By doing this, they help to protect us.

Yet - they always seem to be mentioned with such disrespect. I just don't get it.

I live near the hospital where he worked. I had my daughter there and this man treated me in the ER once for a migraine. He was caught because the woman who was assaulted knew the assault was taking place but because of the drugs she had been given, she couldn't protest. I think there were 2 victems mentioned but I think there are many, many more who either didn't remember being assaulted or were too ashamed to come foward. I am really glad this woman was able to put him behind bars.

I live near the hospital where he worked. I had my daughter there and this man treated me in the ER once for a migraine. He was caught because the woman who was assaulted knew the assault was taking place but because of the drugs she had been given, she couldn't protest. I think there were 2 victems mentioned but I think there are many, many more who either didn't remember being assaulted or were too ashamed to come foward. I am really glad this woman was able to put him behind bars.

Wow, angela! This sure hits close to home for you. I am sure you are correct that there are other victims. These three women are very brave.

I do hear you.

My post wasn't clear. Such venom is always slung at the defense attorneys who are doing their job. If this doctor's defense attorney did not try to zealously represent his client and mitigate the potential sentence, his client could appeal it and get his sentence overturned or thrown out on a technicality.

By this defense attorney doing his job, the rapist doctor is more likely to have the sentence stick and to stay in jail. We need these defense attorneys to do this. By doing this, they help to protect us.

Yet - they always seem to be mentioned with such disrespect. I just don't get it.
again only speaking for myself. i know that a lawyer has a duty to advocate for his client and i have no problem with that. i think a lawyer can do that and still have morals. in this case it is possible that the abuse he suffered as a child helped to create the monster he is today and i can not say his lawyer is wrong to point it out. the problem is we often hear of lawyers that cross the line. a lawyer that will offer a plead deal for details of where his client left a childs dead, raped body will then stand in court and acuse her parents of the crime. i am guilty of lumping people together lawyers included. 1 lawyer is morally bankrupt they all are, 1 cop beats a man in a wheel chair and they are all power mad, 1 teacher molest a child and they are all perverts. logic tells us this is not true but anger at the crime and fear that the guilty will escape justice can over rule logic.

....... i am guilty of lumping people together lawyers included......but anger at the crime and fear that the guilty will escape justice can over rule logic.

Thanks for your honesty - we are all guilty of the lumping together factor, myself included. I don't believe that the guilty ever escape justice, so that never bothers me.

Hi believe,

I mis worded my post-I support the perps right to a vigorous defense-I am less tolerant with those who use prior sexual abuse as a platform for aberrant behavior. I have known victims of abuse, incestuous, violent or otherwise, who have not grown into abusers themselves. I don't believe that this kind of highly functioning individual should be given a lesser sentence because of his childhood-this ER physician intentionally paralyzed his victims with injections before he abused them. It was calculated and predator like behavior...i think he was lucky with his plea deal, which would not have been offered to a blue collar person of color with the same childhood, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back