GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more discussion about LE knowing for some time that Elaina was in the garage. Unless you can link to something to show this, its not discussable.

Discuss what we know, rumor is not allowed even if you say imo or theory etc. You can base your opinion and theories with what we know at this time. You can not just come up with something based on rumor.

:tyou:

The beginning of the presser has an investigator himself saying that it wasn't searched and was full of junk. It was after questions got louder the chief said he wasn't going to answer what was or wasn't done and then said it was searched but in another MSM link it stated that it was considered to dangerous for cadaver dogs.

So it seems to me with the investigator saying it wasn't and essentially giving a reason why, that it would be open for discussion especially with the walk back by the chief. You have to watch the presser from the start and you will see what I mean

This whole case is getting more disgusting as time moves on.

JUSTICE FOR ELAINA!!!!!!!

This article i posted below from June 12 notes the collective efforts of the FBI and Toledo PD to find Elaina.

This tells me that the Toledo PD DO care about the case because they called in the FBI for help.

As the female agent noted in the press conference, it would be FOOLISH for the FBI or Toledo PD to answer how, where, when, and why.

We should be encouraged that the police called in the FBI for help and resources beyond themselves! Many times PD's will try to hold the case as long as possible without aid of the FBI (cough LAPD cough) and lose valuable time and additional resources only the FBI can provide.

There is a reason behind all of this madness, at least I pray that.

http://www.kpho.com/story/22573289/tpdfbi-announces-10000-reward-for-elaina-steinfurth

"TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -
According to the Toledo Police Department's Facebook page they, in conjunction with the FBI, are offering a $10,000 reward to anyone providing credible information leading to the current whereabouts of Elaina Steinfurth.

Elaina Steinfurth has been missing since Sunday, June 2nd, when her family reported her missing during a custody hand-off.

Anyone with information is now being encouraged to call 1-800-CALL-FBI. Please Share."

I was discussing this outcome with my sister last night. I couldn't bring myself to get on here though. My heart breaks. I'm just sick about this. I just stopped in to tell FM and her family that I am so sorry for their loss. She was a beautiful little baby. My prayers are with all of you. God Bless

I just wonder if the family was really naive to think Elaina was not in that garage. Possibly SK told his family that he searched the garage himself and they believed him thinking that there was no possible way that he could be guilty. One would think that they themselves would have pulled each item out one by one. Perhaps deep down they knew he was guilty and were in denial. Just have to wait and see if there are more arrests.

You and family are constantly in my thoughts and prayers FM

Hip2B...YES that is the garage. And it does say google 2013 but if you look closely, right next to that it says "image 2011". If TPD is sticking with their story of "to difficult" or to dangerous...they unfortunately will be in a world of doo-doo. I'm still not convinced that the body wasn't moved from somewhere else.
Anthropologists should be able to tell from skull whether remains are male/female and by teeth the approx. age. Plus, clothes would not be disintegrated so that should clue them in, also hair. Mitochondrial DNA I believe is the only thing that can be tested at this point. I have never been happy with our coroner in lucas County...even 30 years ago. Straight political position..it's who you know, not based on skill.

It just reminds me of this saying
Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive' means that when you plot to deceive someone with a lie the single lie can create even bigger problems. Unfortunately by the time the lie is discovered others may be involved in the situation as well.

RSBM BBM
“That body was not in the rafters the day after Elaina came up missing,” Mr. Schiewe said. “I was in the garage with police … I searched the garage. All that was in that garage was junk bicycle parts, plumbing parts, electrical parts, and two turtles, and a bunch of musted-up boxes.
If Schiewe is not lying (which I think he does quite often) then that is another screw up by LE. He has an interest in this case as AS step dad and who's to say that he wouldn't tamper with evidence if he was indeed in there. I'd like confirmation from LE on if this is true or not.

The body of a little girl was found in a computer box in her garage and she is worried about an old car? This case just pisses me off every time I think about it.
She needs to be worried about her own a$$ because I don't believe she didn't know what happened and where precious Elaina was put and I'm sure many others don't believe it either. Matter of fact I have always thought she helped. Waiting for the day I can rejoice when she and all of the others in that nasty house will all be locked down behind bars. Shame on all of them for letting this be the body of Elaina's resting place for this long.
As for AS. What a waste of a human life.
As for SK. I'm wondering when he was cleaned out of all the drugs in his system (by being locked up) that his conscience did start to engage. I'm thankful he talked but by no means have anything but anger for him at this point.

So so angry at this outcome there is not enough of these :banghead: to even convey how I feel.

Ferretmommy, cherubcollector and all of your family~ Elaina's loving family, I'm so, so sorry for your pain and the outcome of this. Although I feel so deeply about so many missing, Elaina has touched my heart deeper than most. Crying with all of you and know my heart aches for Elaina and all of you. Wish I was closer to at the very least give you a huge hug.

MOO

I did not expect her actual remains would be in that garage. Maybe evidence like blood or other postmortem fluids as i thought maybe she was placed there when the father came to pick Elaina up, but surely would have been disposed of after as most people would dispose of a body away from their property/residence.

Then again, maybe the FBI were waiting to see if Other parties that are not currently in custody would attempt to go somewhere else, like to the garage, to either place or remove the box with Elaina's remains in it.

This is a very intricate case. For me I can theorize all I want, but I will not demean the police force of Toledo or FBI by assuming that they "dropped the ball".

We would like to think retrieving her remains would be simple, but this investigation is delicate and very structured - structured in a way that outsiders like us in the community cannot understand.

The police need our support and the support from the community right now. If we allow any conspiracy or doubt to affect our trust with LE, those who did this to Elaina will gain a leg up on their end.

Let's all stay together and pray.

The beginning of the presser has an investigator himself saying that it wasn't searched and was full of junk. It was after questions got louder the chief said he wasn't going to answer what was or wasn't done and then said it was searched but in another MSM link it stated that it was considered to dangerous for cadaver dogs.

So it seems to me with the investigator saying it wasn't and essentially giving a reason why, that it would be open for discussion especially with the walk back by the chief. You have to watch the presser from the start and you will see what I mean

I did watch the presser live when it was going on. The investigator said the garage was searched on day one when they were looking for a missing child at that point, not a body.

You can discuss anything in the presser you can not speculate that LE knew something prior to finding Elaina. Nothing indicates that at all.

I did watch the presser live when it was going on. The investigator said the garage was searched on day one when they were looking for a missing child at that point, not a body.

You can discuss anything in the presser you can not speculate that LE knew something prior to finding Elaina. Nothing indicates that at all.

Makes me wonder if she was just placed in the garage recently and had been somewhere else for most of the time.

:scared:

And yes they were looking for a missing person, but I don't think that would limit them to also utilizing ALL resources in a case with mass indications of foul play against a Child as well as child endangerment.

I'm sure they did everything they could, but they were one step behind whoever knows what happened to Elaina. I'm sure it has been tearing the investigators apart each day as they tried to put the pieces of this puzzle together. We cannot imagine or comprehend what these brave peace officers and agents have to emotionally experience or ascertain throughout an investigation such as this.

Well there i agree totally, I must have misunderstood your first post. I was concerned you meant we couldn't talk at all about the situation. Thanks Imamaze

This whole case is getting more disgusting as time moves on.

JUSTICE FOR ELAINA!!!!!!!

Agreed. When all is said and done, nothing will change the fact a beautiful young baby girl is dead and she will never get an opportunity to live her future, her dreams, her own adventures and have her chance to experience an amazing life that she truly deserved.

It's beyond heinous, shocking and evil that any human on earth could contribute to cutting short the life of an innocent little baby. I will never be able to comprehend such crimes. No baby should ever die in these circumstances, EVER. I am truly sickened, saddened and disgusted. And feeling raw anger. JMO.

Been with y'all too since day one waiting and hoping to find Elaina safe and sound. What a precious soul.

My condolences to Ferretmommy, Cherubcollector, and the Steinfurths.

The King property needs to be condemned and demolished - all of it.

A memorial garden in honor of Elaina should take its place.

Dog Lady AKA Gail St. John, had her dog in the backyard and garage (with permission from Julie). The dog "expressed interest" in the garage & fence area at the garage on the alley side and in the yard. The dog even jumped up on the side of the garage but did not bark. Barking would be an aggressive "indicator" of decomposition for this dog. Passive indicator dogs just sit on the spot. The dog may express interest in a dead squirrel in the road but would keep on going as it's at work and knows it. This is how I understood it from Gail, who I asked for clarification as interest was not a "hit" as the story was starting to go around wrong. Permission was requested via Toledo LE who deferred to FBI who deferred to Toledo LE lead detective. Permission was granted.

This is as this feeble mind recalls.....

I did not expect her actual remains would be in that garage. Maybe evidence like blood or other postmortem fluids as i thought maybe she was placed there when the father came to pick Elaina up, but surely would have been disposed of after as most people would dispose of a body away from their property/residence.

Remember the living conditions? Raw sewage on the floor.....these kind stay real close to home....in the backyard....I really didn't expect them to go too far on one hand.

I would be so angry if I were the family right now, while trying to cope with my grief. Just thinking of the wasted months if a proper search had been done and then the final slap...not being informed of this search and having to hear about it from a neighbor. It was TJ's daughter being carried out of that garage. He should have been informed. And in this case as it came from SK LE were pretty certain of what they would find so there are no excuses.

I agree TJ should have been informed.......but in all fairness how often do people lie? Maybe they wanted to wait and be sure he was telling the truth before they notified TJ.

The problem I have with TJ not being notified, is that RS and the King family stated they heard about this on Wednesday. Evidenced by RS getting that hideous tattoo on Wednesday.

So, if they knew about it, TJ certainly should have been aware of it too. This is not the first time TJ and his family have heard things through the media first. It's not right. JMO

I agree TJ should have been informed.......but in all fairness how often do people lie? Maybe they wanted to wait and be sure he was telling the truth before they notified TJ.

BBM...
Umm... far more often than they beat the snot out of innocent babies and pack their bodies away in nasty garages. They should have told TJ, no doubt about it. Rumors get around FAST, and that one surely did... that guy has been thru pure hell, and LE doesn't need to add to it. Bottom line, his heart has been shredded, they owe him the respect of letting him know there is potentially new evidence.

UGH. Sorry, like many have said, Elaina just grabbed at my heart from the start. Something about her... so precious, so innocent, then I see how loved she was by her daddy & his family... :furious: SHE didn't deserve this, HE didn't deserve this.

... stepping away for a drink ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member