GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at AS's tweets from spring of 2012. It certainly appears that she was very happy to be a wife and mother. Speaks lovingly of TJ and the girls.....something happened that broke her heart shortly after that. Makes me sad. JMO, but I think she is in a major depression.

Ive read that in the beginning and thought the same thing. I also have also wondered if her Fb name (adding "trust no one") was changed before or after Elaina was "Missing" or was due to her separation with TJ.

Ive read that in the beginning and thought the same thing. I also have also wondered if her Fb name (adding "trust no one") was changed before or after Elaina was "Missing" or was due to her separation with TJ.

After reading a JVM transcript of her interview with Ginger Smith (cousin of Elaina) I have a clearer picture of the custody arrangements...nebulous, at best. Ginger S states that Angela and TJ physically split in February 2013 and that Angela had the kids and immediately moved in with SK at his mother's home. When SK's mother booted her in May, Angela told TJ he could have the kids. He had only had the kids for around a week when he let Angela have them for the weekend, because he and GF had to work. He understood that they would be housed at Angela's father's house. But they were not, they were at SK's mother's house.
What really bugs me is that, if this is true, TJ KNEW that the children were living at SK's mother's house for 3 months or so. Supposedly part of the reason for their split was the abdominal manner in which she disciplined the kids. Why were the children NOT in his custody to begin with? Angela was, for all practical purposes, HOMELESS, and so were the children.
JMO JMO JMO..........I think that whoever disposed of the child, was responsible for her death.

Have the remains found been positively identified yet?

Oh my..i just saw on my fox news app her remains most likely were found in the rafters. So sadright now. Poor baby girl. You deserved better. :*(

I wonder ... is this because dogs typically don't sniff up?
I have heard this. About locating "drugs " in a vehicle (not human remains dogs) ... no idea if it's true ), but it does make me wonder can the dogs smell up???

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I've been slumming around some FB posts and newspaper articles/comments this weekend. :blushing: I am seriously floored by the ratio of hate comments to SK, to the hate comments towards AS. About 80% of them only talk about SK and what should happen to him. It's like people are forgetting that AS is involved and probably did this to the child herself. I don't even see equal responsibility on others viewpoints/comments.

Is it just me? I am ticked at both of them and believe BOTH of them were involved and BOTH of them should never get out of prison..EVER!

Why is this "Mom" not getting it as bad as SK in social media? I don't get it. It's her child! She led authorities on a wild goose chase, she was the one who wouldn't give the kids to TJ, she was the one who lived in a drug house. All HER choices!!

I am relieved that SK may have told authorities where Baby Elaina's remains were located. I think and hope he told the authorities everything! Again, I think BOTH of them should be charge the same and never get out of jail. But, why is everyone is social media only going after SK?

ETA: Not "hate" comments, as in a mob, just negative comments and them all against SK and not against AS. Boggles my mind, she is this child's Mother! She should have been talking and everyone should be holding her equally accountable!

:confused:

I wonder ... is this because dogs typically don't sniff up?
I have heard this. About locating "drugs " in a vehicle (not human remains dogs) ... no idea if it's true ), but it does make me wonder can the dogs smell up???

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not a K-9 handler by any means but am around drug sniffing dogs frequently and do work with a handler. I've seen them train and frequently dope is stashed in various places including ceiling tiles before the dog is ran through. I've seen our dog alert almost every time on the stuff stashed in the ceiling so, IMO, yes they should be able to "smell up".

I've been slumming around some FB posts and newspaper articles/comments this weekend. :blushing: I am seriously floored by the ratio of hate comments to SK, to the hate comments towards AS. About 80% of them only talk about SK and what should happen to him. It's like people are forgetting that AS is involved and probably did this to the child herself. I don't even see equal responsibility on others viewpoints/comments.

Is it just me? I am ticked at both of them and believe BOTH of them were involved and BOTH of them should never get out of prison..EVER!

Why is this "Mom" not getting it as bad as SK in social media? I don't get it. It's her child! She led authorities on a wild goose chase, she was the one who wouldn't give the kids to TJ, she was the one who lived in a drug house. All HER choices!!

I am relieved that SK may have told authorities where Baby Elaina's remains were located. I think and hope he told the authorities everything! Again, I think BOTH of them should be charge the same and never get out of jail. But, why is everyone is social media only going after SK?

:confused:

IMO only, the FB/social media "hate" always makes me uncomfortable no matter who it's aimed at, because it always seems one step away from a lynch mob (usually with lots of people suggesting *actual* lynching). It's not what our justice system is about. Sometimes public attention can help focus resources on a case, but people randomly screaming for blood isn't part of it. Er, sorry, soapbox over.

Anyway: I suspect focus is on SK now because for the first time we have a tangible, undeniable link between Elaina being dead and one of the people in jail, and that person is SK. He knew where she was. I think if AS knew where she was, she would have already cut a deal first. Now, we know that doesn't explain who actually killed her, but mob mentality doesn't think it through that many steps...which is why mob mentality scares me. They're just thinking "He knew where the body was...he did it, obvs."

IMO only, the FB/social media "hate" always makes me uncomfortable no matter who it's aimed at, because it always seems one step away from a lynch mob (usually with lots of people suggesting *actual* lynching). It's not what our justice system is about. Sometimes public attention can help focus resources on a case, but people randomly screaming for blood isn't part of it. Er, sorry, soapbox over.

Anyway: I suspect focus is on SK now because for the first time we have a tangible, undeniable link between Elaina being dead and one of the people in jail, and that person is SK. He knew where she was. I think if AS knew where she was, she would have already cut a deal first. Now, we know that doesn't explain who actually killed her, but mob mentality doesn't think it through that many steps...which is why mob mentality scares me. They're just thinking "He knew where the body was...he did it, obvs."
I meant "hate" as in negative comments, not a lynch mob and I certainly don't agree with any of it. I'll wait for more evidence. Fact remains, Mom was there, Mom knows. She has sat there and said NOTHING about her baby girl, nothing.

I have to disagree with the thought that SK told, therefore he did it, and AS didn't know where the baby was located. Doesn't make sense. IF he did it, and all these months came and went with LE looking everywhere, but where he hid Elaina, he wouldn't be talking now. It had worked. LE was no where near that house/garage. I believe he just wants out ASAP and knew he could get the best deal possible if he talked first. Maybe they agreed not to prosecute his Mom? JMO

Furthermore, I totally think it is so far fetched to believe that AS didn't talk because she didn't know where the body was, IMO - she certainly knew where Elaina's body was located and/or, she knew Elaina never left that house with SK!

They are both culpable. I still don't understand why/how anyone can think they are both not equally responsible. :twocents:

This is ALL assuming SK told authorities where Elaina was located and got a deal. It hasn't been confirmed yet. :moo:

I am so glad so many people are coming out to support TJ and his family in their efforts to get justice for Elaina. I am sure that means the world to them. I know I would have gone if I lived closer! Justice for Elaina! R.I.P. baby girl.

I'm wondering about the costs of the Search and Rescue operations that were undertaken based on false information, IMO quite possibly knowingly, supplied to LE.

I think it would be appropriate to compel all the people involved in this tragedy who lied to police about where Elaina was to reimburse the costs of those searches. Given the limited amount of jail time or fines that might be given as penalties, a hefty slice to their wallets might be the only possible way to get them to understand that they have violated family and community sensibilities. At least, that is what the callousness of their actions suggests to me.

Through giving misleading information to police, IMO, some people have wasted the time, energy, and financial resources of LE, and of the many volunteers and volunteer organizations who searched for Elaina. In effect, IMHO, their actions amounted to stealing from people who would have a legitimate need for that equipment and the those hours of manpower. As well, they diverted the attention of LE from other deserving cases which also needed to be resolved.

Recouping money spent on an unnecessary SAR in a city may not be a possibility, but I think it would be a kind of poetic justice. In fact, though, I admit that I'm just engaging in wishful thinking.

It will be interesting to see how many additional charges will be laid in this case, and what penalties might result from a guilty plea or verdict.

Yes, they do. Ariel Castro had it taken off the table for his "guilty" plea. He got a million years, but couldn't take prison for a month, so he killed himself.

Could it be, then, that he's panicked at the thought of the death penalty and agreed to talk if they take that off the table?

I think it is beautiful that TJ can channel his grief in his music.

TJ released a song in honor of ELaina called Everlasting Love.

http://www.reverbnation.com/quarter

*some of the songs on this site feature adult language

Awwwww! My heart break for him.

Elaina may have taken on her daddy's talent someday and we will never know because of those monsters!

:scared:
Could it be, then, that he's panicked at the thought of the death penalty and agreed to talk if they take that off the table?

that would make sense to me. i hope they have Angela's reaction to this news videotaped on jail surveillance, although it wasn't admissible in Caylee's case, who knows. maybe LE met with her at the jail with her lawyer present and have her reaction videotaped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd