OH - Emily Noble, 52, Westerville, 24 May 2020 *husband not guilty*

The State has been going over the cell phone data for both Moore's phone and Emily's phone. Very tedious. Moore appears to have been up all night following Emily's birthday celebration, texting and using his cell phone. This certainly makes his claim that he got up to go to the bathroom, then went to sleep in another room invalid (a lie, IMO). Yet, it appears that he never left the home once they returned from celebrating her birthday at various restaurants/watering holes.

His phone didn't leave the home, but did he?

Well, I missed that, but saw some references to it in the chat. Also, the financials -- Emily had $97,000+ in her own checking account; their joint bank account contained $90,923.11. Apparently, Moore inherited around $300,000 when his mother died. Also, the two checks that Moore wrote: $5,000 to his step-brother, who was living in Florida; $5,000 to Arturo who was living (I believe) in Las Vegas. I never did learn the reason why he gave those funds (from their joint checking account, I think) to those two.

The defense questioned the detective and had him admit that Emily had life insurance (amount not specified) through her job, but that Moore never filed a claim for it.

Well, I missed that, but saw some references to it in the chat. Also, the financials -- Emily had $97,000+ in her own checking account; their joint bank account contained $90,923.11. Apparently, Moore inherited around $300,000 when his mother died. Also, the two checks that Moore wrote: $5,000 to his step-brother, who was living in Florida; $5,000 to Arturo who was living (I believe) in Las Vegas. I never did learn the reason why he gave those funds (from their joint checking account, I think) to those two.

The defense questioned the detective and had him admit that Emily had life insurance (amount not specified) through her job, but that Moore never filed a claim for it.

No details yet (that I have heard) about "the reason why he gave those funds" -
$5,000 to half-brother Pulver and $5,000 to Las Vegas friend Arturo.
I hope we soon learn the reason. I'm guessing investment.

I guess this is how MM is paying for Menashe.

Cathy Russon

@cathyrusson

Cross-exam: About the 2 checks: Paul Pulver is #MatheauMoore half-brother. Arturo is a friend of Matt's. The defendant's mother passed away in 2019 and he received an inheritance between $300,000-$400,000.

Did MM's son, Joey, inherit any money from MM's mother? If he did, upon his death, that money would possibly have gone to MM. (Just speculating . . .)

The reason I ask is that, in questioning the detective, the defense brought out that MM's mother predeceased MM's son, Joey, whose death was ruled a suicide. She also confirmed with the detective (who said that Joey's suicide had been investigated in connection with this case) that Joey's suicide was described as a "complete hanging" - meaning that he was hanging and his feet were not touching the ground.

Emily's death was deemed to be a homicide, but was staged as an incomplete, or partial, hanging (appeared to be on her knees, in other words part of her body was touching ground).

Defense effectively addressed the elephant in the room, of which the jury may have known nothing.

I wonder how Joey accomplished his own hanging? We don't know what "tools" he used: rope, step stool below tree limb? She didn't address those issues probably because the detective did not say that the two incidents of death were related.

Well, addressing my fellow viewers watching the trial (me, myself and I), it appears that at this point in time he's going to walk. The prosecution has nothing. Mind you, I think he is guilty, but the jury won't find him guilty. (IMO)

Did MM's son, Joey, inherit any money from MM's mother? If he did, upon his death, that money would possibly have gone to MM. (Just speculating . . .)

The reason I ask is that, in questioning the detective, the defense brought out that MM's mother predeceased MM's son, Joey, whose death was ruled a suicide. She also confirmed with the detective (who said that Joey's suicide had been investigated in connection with this case) that Joey's suicide was described as a "complete hanging" - meaning that he was hanging and his feet were not touching the ground.

Emily's death was deemed to be a homicide, but was staged as an incomplete, or partial, hanging (appeared to be on her knees, in other words part of her body was touching ground).

Defense effectively addressed the elephant in the room, of which the jury may have known nothing.

I wonder how Joey accomplished his own hanging? We don't know what "tools" he used: rope, step stool below tree limb? She didn't address those issues probably because the detective did not say that the two incidents of death were related.

I assume there would be a probate case opened when Joey died if he had assets. I just went to the probate website and I don't see a case for him.

Also recovered from the scene of where Emily's body was found --next to her body-- was a reusable water bottle and an e-cigarette. Would one feel it necessary to bring a water bottle to their own self-hanging? I don't think so (IMO).

The name "Pederson" is tattooed on MM's right wrist. Saw that in court today. There was probably more to the name, but that was not visible. Also, I believe that he had a similar tattoo on his left wrist. I caught a glimpse, but not enough to make it out.

The name "Pederson" is tattooed on MM's right wrist. Saw that in court today. There was probably more to the name, but that was not visible. Also, I believe that he had a similar tattoo on his left wrist. I caught a glimpse, but not enough to make it out.

They must be close. What a mess.

So today we learned that one of the trials he looked up was for that Navy Seal who shot a guy in Iraq and the other one was for Eric Gordon Pedersen. Pedersen is his ex-wife's last name. According to this reporter Pedersen is the son of his ex-wife.

So his ex-stepson killed someone or? If I’m way off, I apologize. I am just trying to make sure I understand.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back