OH - Five injured in SuccessTech Academy shooting, Cleveland, 10 Oct 2007

I heard on the news that the 14 yr old may have killed himself but they weren't confirming. :(

Quick presser from the mayor, 2 adults and 3 teens taken to the hospital, gunman is dead.

Thanks, I was surprised there wasn't one already, I knew there had to be.

I heard on the news that the 14 yr old may have killed himself but they weren't confirming. :(

I hope that is true!!!
I'm so tired of our kids being sitting ducks & then we have to support the monsters forever for killing them.

42 year old male,and 18 year old male in stable condition 3rd adult male being observed and checked over..one student hurt knee trying to get out

they are saying on Fox the shooter was shot and killed
2 boys were shot 17 and 14

Local councilman wants to close all our schools right now and do a sweep to see if there are any other guns in the system. ??

Wants metal detectors in every school. Currently there are mobile gun detectors that go around on an as needed basis, or as a surprise check.

How did the suspended kid get back into the school if he was suspended? I know from personal experience that some schools here don't have anyone watching their doors. I can buzz the door during school hours and walk in and go anywhere.

Problem in schools. Monday at Max Hayes a student was arrested w/a .22 shotgun in his duffel bag. He had it in a duffel bag IN a duffel bag, so when school security looked they just saw pants in the 1st duffel bag. Someone told on that kid and that's how they found that gun.... No gun detector in that school that day.

Multiple sources telling the reporter:
gunman down on 2nd or 3rd floor
supposedly has taken his own life
nobody saying anything publically whether that's true or not
2 teams of 2 from homicide there
coroner there

57 year old man shot, 42 year old man shot, 17 and 14 year old shot

Local councilman wants to close all our schools right now and do a sweep to see if there are any other guns in the system. ??

Wants metal detectors in every school. Currently there are mobile gun detectors that go around on an as needed basis, or as a surprise check.

How did the suspended kid get back into the school if he was suspended? I know from personal experience that some schools here don't have anyone watching their doors. I can buzz the door during school hours and walk in and go anywhere.

Problem in schools. Monday at Max Hayes a student was arrested w/a .22 shotgun in his duffel bag. He had it in a duffel bag IN a duffel bag, so when school security looked they just saw pants in the 1st duffel bag. Someone told on that kid and that's how they found that gun.... No gun detector in that school that day.

Multiple sources telling the reporter:
gunman down on 2nd or 3rd floor
supposedly has taken his own life
nobody saying anything publically whether that's true or not
2 teams of 2 from homicide there
coroner there

They definately need to do something to protect the kids.
On one of the News channels they said he'd told his friend he was going to go to school & shoot it up & that he'd call & let him know when it was going to happen.
Kid never believed him, because he never called him, so he never told anyone!

Supposedly this guy had black nail polish and was dressed as goth.

That's rumor though. I'm surprised at that so I think I'll wait for confirmation on that.

More from http://www.woio.com news reporter:
This student had threatened teachers and students in the past. He was involved in a fight with another student a few days ago. No idea if that student was one of the injured. He specifically was picking out certain people though as he was walking down the hall with his guns. He also had knives and extra ammo. About 80 students there. One student (female) called her parents from her cell phone after she heard the shots and hid on another floor.

Counselors and psychologists are being provided right now for the students.

Carl Monday, Investigative Reporter:
Gunman, 14 yr old lives in W. 43rd/Fulton area
10th grader suspended for fighting
domestic violence charge last year
marilyn manson t-shirt worn today, goth look
2 yrs ago this reporter was doing an investigative report on this building/school and he had difficulty entering the front door due to security guards at main entrance but there was a back door and the reporter gained entry that way. That was 2 years ago. They still don't know how this kid gained entrance though.

They definately need to do something to protect the kids.
On one of the News channels they said he'd told his friend he was going to go to school & shoot it up & that he'd call & let him know when it was going to happen.
Kid never believed him, because he never called him, so he never told anyone!

Aww, that's sad. This happens over and over again, doesn't it?

Maybe homeschooling is the answer in this day and age.

1:15 p.m. today, opened fire on 3rd floor

42 yr old gunshot wound to chest, other older man in better condition although with wound to back :(

Live update at 4 on http://www.wkyc.com

More from woio.com
Took his own life by shooting himself in the mouth

black jeans, black shirt, black fingernails, blonde hair

found on the 3rd floor with a .38 revolver at his side

kids told officers who to look for when they got there
LE sent a police car over to his family's residence to bring them to the scene in case this turned into a hostage situation but as we've heard, it didn't.

This is so sad and scary! All my prayers to the victims of this senseless act of violence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back