GUILTY OH - Garrett Maloney, 19, Portsmouth, 27 April 2011

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by 5CentsWorth, Apr 29, 2011.

1. 5CentsWorth

5CentsWorth The Proof is in the Pudding

2. Loading...

3. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

4. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

comment under this article ((mind you it is a comment)) from a person who works with him.. says he left at 7 for the delivery and was reported missing at 10 fwiw

5. redsky

redsky New Member

6. Sharedspirit

Sharedspirit Member

7. redsky

redsky New Member

Posted at the same time :)

ANy idea of the distance between there and the pizza place?

I fear someone robbed him - which is really sad bc pizza delivery drivers don't even carry that much money. His life is worth far far far far far more than that cash.

8. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

Right at 1.5 miles.

9. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

There is a park - Mound Park - right by the 1800 block of Grant where his car was found.

10. Sharedspirit

Sharedspirit Member

There are interesting comments on the local topix forum about the car and his last call made from his cell phone. I don't think I'm supposed to post that stuff here though.

11. Sharedspirit

Sharedspirit Member

I was trying to find out if his car was marked as a pizza delivery car. I wish local pizza places around here wouldn't do that! Advertising for pizza but it also makes their drivers a target.

12. redsky

redsky New Member

Any updated news??? He and his girlfriend look so happy together. Heartbreaking.

13. Lavanda Dolce

Lavanda Dolce Former Member

[​IMG]
    PRAYERS FOR GARRETT'S SAFE RETURN.

14. Lavanda Dolce

Lavanda Dolce Former Member

Very scary. His poor parents and friends. I pray he is ok.

15. Sharedspirit

Sharedspirit Member

16. nerosleuth

nerosleuth Active Member

19-year-old missing since Wednesday

by Frank Lewis

The vehicle belonging to Garrett Maloney, 19, of South Webster was found parked Friday morning on Grant Street, next to Mound Park.

According to police, Maloney left Domino’s Pizza, on Gay Street in Portsmouth, to make a routine delivery to the Rosemount area at about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. He never arrived at his destination and has not been heard from since.

Maloney’s cell phone had been found in the grass near where the car was found.

Source: http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.co...nesday?instance=secondary_stories_left_column

17. ela_ss teacher

ela_ss teacher New Member

There is a comment under the article from someone saying she's the girlfriend's mother saying that it was a misunderstanding and his phone has NOT been found.

18. nerosleuth

nerosleuth Active Member

During the past year or so, the Columbus news media have been reporting that there is an major drug epidemic involving pill mills in Portsmouth and Scioto County.

I don't know if there are any pill mills near where his car was found. But I do share the fear that he may have been robbed by someone. :(

19. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

When my son was 18 he had a Pizza delivery job-briefly. He transferred to working in the kitchen after he was very close to being robbed and car jacked. He was out on a delivery and the address seemed funky. Like it was one number off. The street was really dark and deserted. And it was ordered from a cell not a land line, and a new customer,going to pay cash, and not on record there. He called his boss back and said it seemed weird. They said to just come back for the next order. As he was sitting in his car, making the call, 2 guys in black hoodies came out from the shadows and walked fast towards his car, motioning for him to get out. He sped away fast.
    Then he was told by another worker that there had been a rash of armed robberies recently of pizza deliverers. They call you out there, and jump you when you walk around looking for the right address. Or sometimes they use a real address, just not theirs. And it is silly because the most he ever had on him was about 30 bucks in change.

20. mysticrose

mysticrose The key to change... is to let go of fear

There is not much news about Garret out there. What I can find does not sound good at all. I am praying for him .......

21. mysticrose

mysticrose The key to change... is to let go of fear

Topix does have alot of interesting comments from locals that seem to know him, I can't remember if we can post a link to topix or not ?