OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Dec 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LivingJuicy

LivingJuicy Justice for Jennifer

this totally has broken my heart. just catching up on this thread but I really feel for this kid, regardless of any bad behavior. He's obviously hurting and I wish I could help..

Hoping he is found :( :( :(

2. Sissy123

Sissy123 Well-Known Member

Yup, same here. That's why I can see it. And it's ALL based on their own words. Hers, grandpa and Harley. Anyone with half an understanding of child psychology can see what's happening

3. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

I’ve overwhelmed by how little concern there was for this boy. He’s so incredibly hungry for attention, from anyone, it’s sickening & sad.

I can’t imagine sending my kid off to school when he wasn’t feeling well, then ignoring phone calls.
    Doesn’t every parent encourage their kid to go and instructs them if they feel worse to go to the nurse & call home?

The moms FACEBOOK post is really upsetting me.

Dnp2be, Alcina, BOSCOE and 18 others like this.
  4. nefes

nefes Well-Known Member

Yes. This is becoming an all too common form of parenting, and so is teen suicide. And people don't see the link.[/QUOTE]

Right? I have three boys and can't imagine if one of them didn't come home just being like, Oh well I guess he'll come home whenever.
    and then just letting over an entire day pass by like it's nothing. I find that extremely odd. Granted, my boys are a bit younger than Harley, but still.. it's unfathomable to me. MOO

5. osu

osu Well-Known Member

6. Sissy123

I think this is why he's worked his way into so many hearts. Because we do see what was wrong.

7. alyssa5597

alyssa5597 Former Member

Port Clinton Police Department
    DATE: Monday, December 30th, 2019

RE: Harley Dilly Press Conference

Good Afternoon,

• There is no additional information to share about the case today.

• The investigation is being conducted by federal, state and local law enforcement partners – I want to thank them for their assistance.

• Here’s what I need from you. I need the investigation to be allowed to continue uninterrupted.

• Please don’t spread rumors, rather, if you have information about this case, please contact the Port Clinton Police Department (419) 734-3121 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (800) 843-5678.

• I am asking our residents to continue to help by sharing flyers in person and on social media.

• Please allow the professionals involved in this case to continue to do their job – we are working tirelessly and will continue to do so until Harley is brought home and reunited with his family.

• Briefing on this case will shift from a daily in-person briefing to information solely provided via the Port Clinton Police Department Facebook page.

• If there is a major case announcement, we will notify the press via the Facebook page with appropriate lead time and share information about where and when the briefing will be held.

• This shift in briefing allows us to continue focusing resources on the case and should not be construed otherwise – we appreciate the community’s outpouring of support and sharing Harley’s picture and the tip line information

• Again, we are working tirelessly to bring Harley home.

Chief Hickman

kimpage, Heleuth, Lulu777 and 18 others like this.
  8. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

The sadness shows. God Bless
    Good to see the FBI,along with other agencies is on this. I hope Harley is found safe. I hope he has someone he can really trust to reach out to,and be a Safe Haven for him. Praying for You Harley wherever you are. I hope you are safe.

9. Sissy123

I do believe, despite any mistakes from family or otherwise, they are all truly grieved and trying hard.

songbrd, Suglo, AnnaGrace and 5 others like this.
  10. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

"You don't know what you've got until it's gone."

AnnaGrace, Cortne, Razz and 4 others like this.
  11. Sissy123

That is so unfortunately true. I just pray they get another chance. I really hope they do.

TxMother67, osu, AnnaGrace and 4 others like this.
  12. MntnHiker

MntnHiker Well-Known Member

I've tried to keep up with all the details so I apologize if this is posted somewhere.

Do we know if it was common for Harley to be absent/truant from school? Or would it have been unusual for him to miss school? We know he didn't want to go that day and said he felt sick, but just curious on past attendance records.

Also it sounds like they can't definitively say he DID start walking to school that day? Is the only "evidence" of this the grainy dash cam photo that they aren't sure if it's him or not?

osu, Noharg, cobalt sky and 4 others like this.
  13. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

41 hours...that not normal.

Stargazer34, scdiv, shefner and 14 others like this.
  14. v0x

v0x Moderator Staff Member Moderator

15. v0x

v0x Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The search for Harley Dilly ramps up, one week after his disappearance

TOLEDO, Ohio (WNWO) — The search for 14-year-old Harley Dilly may be spreading across the country, but right here in Port Clinton, community members are doing their part in helping find the teenager that's been missing for the last week.

For the second consecutive day, Port Clinton Police Chief Rob Hickman addressed the search for Harley still with little answers.

He says he's going to have an update every day at 3 p.m. until Harley is brought home.

"The main focus is to get Harley home to mom and dad. Thank you."

Harley went missing around 7 a.m. on December 20th, after he was supposed to be walking to school.

Chief Hickman says he doesn't have a history of running away, and doesn't believe he was abducted.

Officers were called to Harley's home a month ago for a "family issue" to calm down Harley. Officers have been silent on how Harley is as a kid and his behavior.

In a video that was shared to NBC 24 from Harley's YouTube page, coming from last year, Harley expressed his frustrations at home.

"He told me that my mom never called the police. So she lied to me to get me scared, and she locked me out of the house. So right now, I'm outside."
    continued/video at link

Heleuth, osu, HayLouise and 4 others like this.
  16. MsFacetious

All we know is that Harley did have some medical issues as well as some behavioral/psychological issues. So we are guessing that absences may not have been too uncommon.

AgeofAquaruis and nefes like this.
  17. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

bbm
    Snipped for focus
    That is indeed odd.
    Or did Harley go missing before for a few days and turned up after being at a friend's home ?
    So this wasn't out of the norm for him ?

squareandrabbet, Heleuth, osu and 2 others like this.
  18. MsFacetious

Chief said it's only ever been overnight in the past, not a few days.

osu, AnnaGrace, cobalt sky and 2 others like this.
  19. Davia18

Davia18 Verified Human

I have a 14 year old son and 15 year old. I couldn't imagine what this family is dealing with. I for one would have called the police the very second I was told my child wasn't at school. Prayers he's found soon.

20. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

Unless you are a rebellious teenager,or have a rebellious Teenager. They said he's done this before,but came back. So I'm thinking they thought giving him some time,and space would help,and he'd be back, safe and sound like before. So they acted normal,carried on with normal daily life. No worries he'll be back,and we'll get through these teenage years,look back and laugh,and joke about those wild bygone trying Teenage years.
    MOO

teedie2, TxMother67, Tinalar and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.