OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Dec 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sissy123

Sissy123 Well-Known Member

Whatever I think and feel aside, this is heartbreaking.

ChatteringBirds, osu, dkryder and 3 others like this.

2. Sissy123

Sissy123 Well-Known Member

Whatever I think and feel aside, this is heartbreaking.

rosesfromangels, Dre and bullfighter like this.
  3. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

Records show police were called to the home of missing teen Harley Dilly, who has not been seen for two weeks, five times over the past three years.

At least four of those five calls to police were made by Heather Dilly, Harley’s mother, according to dispatch records obtained by the News Herald.

The listed reasons for the calls vary, but the two most recent calls cited “unruly juvenile,” including a call in September, which specifically notes an “unruly” 14-year-old, appearing to refer to Harley.

That call was made at 7:40 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 25. According to the dispatch records, in that instance, an officer spoke to all of the parties involved and the juvenile was given a verbal warning, which was requested by the parents.
    Records show police called to Dilly residence 5 times since 2016

4. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

Talked to him ? Didn’t see him? Where did the clothing description come from?

Stargazer34, Dnp2be, Beanpot and 20 others like this.
  5. nefes

nefes Well-Known Member

BBM

Wait, what? So, was he seen Friday morning, or not?

6. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

I just caught that too. So they didn’t see him at all Thurs eve or Friday am? Do I have that right?
    Red flag alert!

amateur opinion and speculation

7. Davia18

Davia18 Verified Human

I always jump the gun on these cases and think the worst.
    I felt from day one something was not right here and I feel that more than ever. I have a 14 year old son and well lets just say I don't believe all the information we are being feed. JMO MOO IMO Sitting on hands

8. Pax10

Pax10 Well-Known Member

Edited:I'm realizing that I'm very attached to the theory that he ran away. Runaways can sometimes be gone for a very long time and it's the only theory I can think of where he is ok.

I might have to step back from this one, it's getting to me too much. I hope he's ok. Moo

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  9. imstilla.grandma

Exactly. I still want to know who gave the clothing description. From the very start, I’ve been afraid she might not have really seen him. There was nothing listed as to what he was wearing underneath the jacket. How did they speak?

10. heed101

heed101 Well-Known Member

So who saw him and what he was wearing ?? I thought it was the mom also when he left for school between 6-7am.

[​IMG]

11. imstilla.grandma

Port Clinton Schools superintendent Patrick Adkins said the district didn’t offer counseling during winter break when students weren’t in school, but counselors will be available Monday at the high school and middle school. Teachers will recommend students to seek counseling if they have need it.

Adkins said he and two Port Clinton firefighters searched all district buildings for evidence Dec. 22 and firefighters also checked all athletic facilities. This week, Port Clinton police searched Port Clinton High School a second time with high school principal Gary Steyer.

“We’ll take it day by day and hope Harley comes home soon,” he said.
    Sandusky Register

“The Dilly’s entire life has been and continues to be scrutinized on social media, their ONLY concern right now is that HARLEY is returned to them safely,” the sheriff wrote on Facebook.
    Day 14 of search for Harley Dilly: Reward nears $10,000 for safe return of 14-year-old Port Clinton boy

kimpage, AnnaGrace and Laughing like this.
  12. Blurgle

Blurgle Well-Known Member

Buried deep in the thread: the description comes from a video taken of him as he passed by a security cam on the morning he disappeared.

Dnp2be, Vail, AnnaGrace and 2 others like this.
  13. imstilla.grandma

I love you, Harley, please come home," Dilly said. "Please, I just…we need you. I don’t believe that you ran, but if you did, just please, this isn’t you."

Dilly urged the community to continue looking for her son and to keep their opinions to themselves.

"You’re entitled to opinions, everybody can have an opinion but it’s just...people are contacting me saying my son’s dead. How do you think that makes me feel?" Dilly said. "Just pray for him and share, and please keep your eyes open. Somebody knows something. I mean, jeez, how can a kid just disappear? Seriously."
    Mother of Harley Dilly pleads for his safe return

AnnaGrace, dkryder and Laughing like this.
  14. heed101

No you really couldn't tell anything from that video.

15. Facinatingtimes

Facinatingtimes Well-Known Member

I feel sad for this boy. Police at the house, allowed to upload videos and personal info online (seemingly permissible by parents), locked out of the house. I have a middle schooler and they can get extremely difficult, especially if there were also some special needs. I cannot imagine he is out surviving somewhere on his own. And I can’t imagine a decent person would help him to stay hidden. Abducted or not with us anymore. I certainly hope to God he emerges safe!

16. Blurgle

Blurgle Well-Known Member

Then maybe he only has one coat?

I only have one winter coat; most people only have one winter coat.

17. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

I’m glad they have been checking the school for signs of habitation, but wouldn’t they have security cams for heavens sake?

My original theory was that Harley has been hiding at an off season cabin or someone’s home that has been gone for the holidays. However, more and more info keeps coming forth that is making his disappearance far more sinister sounding.

I’m still rooting for you Harley! Please let us know you are okay.

Wild card question....
    Any chance the allegedly abusive sister could be hiding him?

amateur opinion and speculation

18. Sonic7273

Sonic7273 Well-Known Member

So she was making an assumption as to what he was wearing and that is what this whole search is based on? What on earth! It sounded like they were sure as to what he was wearing. That picture is so blurry, I’m not sure how anyone can say with certainty what he had on, especially the top half of his body.

19. heed101

Maybe but grey sweatpants/black shoes...did he even leave for school from home ??

20. imstilla.grandma

They offered up the clothing description before the video was found.

Stargazer34, osu, SuziQ and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.