OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, my son is 10 and has a cell phone (no SM, downloads and history checked frequently) because he spends weekends with grandparents and rides the bus to/from school and if something happens he wouldn’t know how to unlock their phones to contact us. He also has a house key. And when he goes outside to play, I go out too.

Also we keep our old phones so if our current one breaks we just switch the SIM card. Is it possible HD thought to do this and his parents were unaware?

IMO: I think HD was adept at social media and understood computers/cells etc and IF they had an old phone laying around he may have without anyone's knowledge, but I don't believe it would have allowed him access to his YouTube etc and that is what interested him.

Possibly but wouldn’t he have to take to a phone place to be reactivated? Lol Idk how these things work! I am blessed to have a son and husband who take care of these things for me.
The first phone my son had at 10 was a flip phone precisely because I needed the reassurance that he could call/text or needed whenever he was away from us. I don’t understand leaving Harley with zero means of communication. You don’t require a smart phone to maintain contact between kids and parents.
In my experience (hubby is VERY hard on technology) the worse that has happened is messages acting funny (still work but delayed) when you move a sim from iPhone to android. Also your carrier won’t always be aware of the current device. We’ve had people from our carrier tell us it’s cheaper and works the same just to buy a phone and move the sim ourselves to avoid the fee.
Edit for words

Possibly but wouldn’t he have to take to a phone place to be reactivated? Lol Idk how these things work! I am blessed to have a son and husband who take care of these things for me.
The first phone my son had at 10 was a flip phone precisely because I needed the reassurance that he could call/text or needed whenever he was away from us. I don’t understand leaving Harley with zero means of communication. You don’t require a smart phone to maintain contact between kids and parents.

Correct, you do not need a smart phone for communication. One of reasons I like that DV facilities request old phones so the women, if needed can contact 911 immediately.

Harley Dilly's disappearance to be featured on Live PD Saturday night

PORT CLINTON, Ohio — The community of Port Clinton is still on the lookout for a 14-year-old who has been unaccounted for more than a week.

According to Port Clinton police, Harley Dilly was last seen by his mother the morning of Friday, Dec. 20 just before 7 a.m. as he left for school.

A nationwide search for Harley begun a few days after he was reported missing. As his disappearance continues to gain attention all over the country, police say his story will be featured on Live PD Saturday night.
Continued at link

IMO: I think HD was adept at social media and understood computers/cells etc and IF they had an old phone laying around he may have without anyone's knowledge, but I don't believe it would have allowed him access to his YouTube etc and that is what interested him.
It would have allowed it if the phone was smartphone to smartphone. Based on my experiences. He would just have to log in all over again.

Shudders of that little boy. I’ve watched every video. I got in there and downloaded every single one of them before they started deleting them on YouTube. Took me a long time and I had to rewatch all of them to do it. I did not sleep well that night. At all. Between that thread and the Berks County sibling hangings, I took a brief hiatus from WS.
I wonder what underlying reason there is as to what videos are deleted. If they all have something in them that’s in common pertaining to his disappearance or if they’re deleted based on dates.

I’ve not checked his YT so idk but is there anything special about the ones that have been deleted?

Anyone have more info on the Fremont sighting??? All I know is the name I "think" I heard in the video has a Fremont connection....just a thought. I am hopeful this is the case... please let it be he is safe.

From what I understand there was a billboard with him in Fremont and someone posted about the sighting of that and confused a lot of people.

ugg facts keep changing...vague to specific
Agreed.
I thought she said she walked into his bedroom (like a wake up, 'Good morning-- Harley, get up or you'll be late' kind of talk) and it was dark but she assumed he'd get up for school and didn't see him leave the house ?
Since he's not there later that morning; she'd think Fri. am he was walking to school ?
So that's why no specific description of clothing.
A vague one of the pants and puffer jacket.
If Harley was usually carrying a backpack to school it doesn't show up on the vid. of him from Fri.

It is becoming very hard to be optimistic about Harley’s case he has been gone a long time now with no sightings of him that we know of. It’s too long for someone his age to be fending for himself and hiding out somewhere. It is not good at all.
Yah, I don't believe he is wandering around and fending for himself. I still have a glimmer of hope that he found a safe hideout. It is probably just wishful thinking but it is possible.

Harley was a perfect choice for an online predator. :(
We have no idea who he had direct communication with or how long. I just can't get past that fact and the vast & varied LE agencies on this case. Harley could be anywhere. My mind wanders back to the very old cases when there was no internet. :(
JMHO
He is also the perfect choice for a neighbourhood predator or an 'acquaintance' predator. He is lonely, very open and trusting, and a little lost. Dying for attention from others. A perfect recipe for disaster.

A store owner or restaurant employee, a teacher or janitor, a parent from school, or a friend's older brother or uncle, a bus driver...anyone who runs into him a few times can begin grooming or targeting this sweet boy, probably successfully.

Unfortunately we do not know and it’s odd to me because even if a screen was broken/shattered/whatever I would never leave my kids without some method to text or call. The phone likely still worked.
Even if he wasn’t able to access social media he should have been allowed to have access in an emergency especially with parents out to dinner, allegedly not feeling well that morning and going to friend’s house that afternoon. Also we know he was left out in the cold before which is unfathomable to me because I would never leave kids out in the cold but would be more concerned about them being alone outside despite the weather. It’s as simple as if they have a phone and/or a house key they can contact you or a neighbor to be safely inside.
Sadly, we know so little especially with regard to what anyone said being corroborated by friends and neighbors. LE doesn’t want people searching yet which concerns me even more.

Yeah, I'm always surprised by the quality of the phones I see people using on the subway. It would drive me nuts to be using a broken screen with a huge spiderweb crack running through it... lots do it, though. Either Harley is as picky as I am and would have gotten creeped out by being expected to stare through distortion; or the phone was cleaved in half, IMO. I once even came across an iPhone which had clearly fallen as someone took the tram to Roosevelt Island... I was close to taking it to the police station, but by the time I returned with more time on my hands, the phone even in its lousy condition had disappeared, lol.

This is all a bit too coincidental imo to his disappearance. I saw the link to the fire at the dump site, but does anyone have the link of the neighbor reporting dad’s work truck was seen at the home?

The work truck seems odd to me too.
Whenever we had big things we wanted to donate, I had no problem getting Salvation Army or Boys/Girls Club trucks coming to my home and picking up the donations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46