Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Dec 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

It’s a great old house - it’s a shame such a tragedy happened there.

Marmlet, x_files, AnnaGrace and 8 others like this.

2. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

If he were upside down- compression is from top to bottom compressing the diaphragm.
    The rib cage is flexible - Inhale it expands - exhale is compresses

x_files, human, BOSCOE and 3 others like this.
  3. userunnamed

userunnamed Active Member

ah makes sense - thanks. I would assume then he would have died quickly either way than. Reminds me of the Nutty Putty cave death. The guy was basically positioned so his body was upside down and the blood to the brain killed him. I think that took 28 hours.
    Nutty Putty Cave - Wikipedia

4. Stripehaven

Stripehaven Well-Known Member

I also have wondered how he planned to explain arriving home or at school covered in soot.

Rural_PC, x_files, Kiranerys and 3 others like this.
  5. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

userunnamed likes this.
  6. userunnamed

Sorry for double post, but another part that minimized his chances of being found is that the chimney was in the middle of the house. So if he was yelling for help his voice would have to travel outside the chimney, over the roof, to the outside of the house to the side on the lawn. Much further than if the chimney were on the side of the house and he was yelling out for help.

Additionally, you can't see the chimney (from what I can tell) from walking on the outside of the house. A searcher wouldn't have been privy to the fact that there was a chimney on the middle of the roof. If the chimney had been on the side of the house there's a chance it would have drawn someone's attention sooner.

There was a lot working against him in this situation. Heart breaking.

sallye818, x_files, osu and 17 others like this.
  7. userunnamed

if you follow up on my other posts about this you'd see I said I assumed this must be miss-reporting more than once lol. I also posted the source (but I was just quoting a blurb from the person I above me in my original post)

8. KCmetwo

KCmetwo Well-Known Member

From the talk of a LOT of HD's belongings being found there last night I was under the impression that he had just made a little clubhouse in the place. Then I found out about the chimney....That was why I said didn't anyone notice movement or light from a game in my post on the last thread, since the way they made it sound there was more than just his coat and glasses there. I mean to watch all these bags of "evidence" come out and think, "ok yeah the kid's just been chillin in the house" especially while they were fingerprinting and taking pictures of the floor etc. It broke my heart to hear abt his condition.

THEN it hit me....this child take upwards of 5 baths a day and he went down a chimney...the way live PD made it sound he HATES to be dirty...so....WHY. loss of glasses like someone said earlier is one explanation, "boys will be boys" is another...but on a child who has "particular habits" for some reason this JUST ISN'T SITTIN RIGHT IMO

9. Twolabs

Twolabs Well-Known Member

Yes thank you, that is his name.

MassGuy likes this.
  10. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I'd forgotten about the coal burners in the basement and the octopus furnaces! Any of these vintage heat sources could have had wall (baseboard) registers that were fairly large and ornate. Something like this would not even have to be removed from the wall for HD's coat and glasses to be seen directly behind the ornate wall grate. Could also explain the removal of drywall and work being done last night before investigators finally announced the recovery of a body.

11. demetra

demetra Well-Known Member

This is so heartbreaking.Things i cant get out my head.. Harley was positive about school and felt safe there he seemed to enjoy his teachers and friends, even though mom said he told her he didn't feel well why did he not just go to school to get out of the cold and something to eat? I feel so sad for him. He must have really had a reason for not wanting to go to school, because i can not see going in a chimney a better choice than going to a place he felt safe at even if he didn't feel good. moo

12. mom2chloe

mom2chloe Well-Known Member

Sadly, imagine his head fit but the remainder of his body did not. I hope it was quick and relatively painless and without much fear. Poor Harley. We loved you and you meant a lot to all who have followed your case.

13. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm, and Carry On

I find it difficult to believe a puffer coat by itself would fall and come out of the chimney on the floor. He must have had something heavy in the pockets.

JMVHO.

RIP, Harley.

14. mom2chloe

mom2chloe Well-Known Member

Many kids his age don’t want to participate in ugly sweater days or whatever was going on the last day before break. It’s not cool etc
    If he didn’t want to go to school IMO he had some valid reason. Listen to your kids because they aren’t always forthcoming. Listen to understand not necessarily to respond!

15. userunnamed

I was a 14 year old boy at one time. Let's just say 14 year old boys need alone time. If he wasn't able to get it in his room, from the sounds of his house, it sounds like people were in close quarters, then he could get it in the bathroom. I don't think taking 5 baths a day means he was a clean freak at 14, I think it just means he wanted his alone time. I wouldn't look too far into the bath thing. Unless, it was diagnosed he had OCD or something.

16. crhedBngr

I wonder about this as well. Wonder if he had fractured bones and possibly a punctured lung?

JMVHO.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    AnnaGrace likes this.
  17. crhedBngr

RBBM

I've opinions on this, which I will keep to myself.

18. 5CentsWorth

5CentsWorth The Proof is in the Pudding

Maybe he went on the roof and sat on the chimney and dangled his legs in and fell in accidentally. I just feel so sad that he’s gone.

Spudbear, x_files and crhedBngr like this.
  19. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

That is creepy looking.

20. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

Either way. This case makes me wonder how many of our nation's missing children are stuck in a chimney somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.