Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just jumping in to bump Tricia's post from earlier this week.

HEY EVERYONE,
WE NEED YOUR HELP! IT'S FREE AND TAKES JUST A FEW SECONDS!
CLICK HERE AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE WEBSLEUTHS YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TXf5vfAv8k
We are past the halfway mark. We need 1000 subscribers before we can go live with something called "Smart Chat". Using Smart Chat to broadcast live will help Websleuths continue to operate.
Right now at Websleuths youtube, we have the latest Websleuths Radio Podcast with Leigh Egan from Crimeoneline.com Leigh updates us on the Heidi Broussard case, Paighton Houston and so much more.
Click on the link and hit the "Subscribe" button and help Websleuths.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TXf5vfAv8k

Thank you,
Tricia

So here I have been trying to understand and visualize how HD would have fit in a chimney that was 9"x 13" well after thinking more about it and researching til' my eyes are crossed I have come up with the actual "brick chimney" on the roof was NOT those dimensions, the flue insert itself that trapped HD was the 9" x 13".

So he had plenty of room to go down the chimney itself from the roof, but when he got to *almost* the 2nd floor he couldn't go any further due to a restrictive 9"x 13"flue stopping him. IMO this poor kiddo hoped by pushing his glasses and jacket out the wall plate, someone might rescue him.

I also found this snippet: here>Harley Dilly likely died the day he went missing and within hours after getting stuck in chimney, source says

"The "flue" is only 9 inches by 13 inches. He got stuck."

“Over in the chimney Harley’s jacket and glasses were pushed from the chimney through a flue and into a second floor of the home," Hickman said.
No, the chimney size is 9"x 13". Here is a cover that fits over that chimney.https://www.menards.com/main/heatin...-flue-chimney-cover/sc913/p-1444433707406.htm
SC913_4a.jpg

A standard brick is 8" in length and IIRC the chimney had 2 and 1/2 bricks across each side so that would be 20" I think. Too tired and have a migraine to look for a closeup pic of chimney, and whether I am right or wrong it's not gonna' change the outcome. HD is still gone.

This is my house. The chimney in the middle of the house being painted. The fireplace is a good size and we have had some fires bigger than we should have I am sure.
I forgot about the flue.
It's about the size of a dessert plate.
I no longer question that there was any other person's involvement.
I only know the dimensions for my home.
I see accidental tragedy x 10.
RIP Harley...
What we see and the actual anatomy of a home is not even close to being what one wou km d expect.
PicsArt_01-23-12.56.56.jpg
MOO

Two more photos of Harley. IIRC, these were taken Thanksgiving Day, 2019.
He looks very thin. My son is similar build and I am shocked at the places he can fit because he’s quite the hider when they play hide and seek. If he put his arms over his head he could assume he would fit. My son has a wild imagination and he thinks in color like a cartoon. I’m literally waiting for him to attempt to fly one day. But seriously, I can understand the logic Harley May have used in going down the chimney. Especially considering the home wasn’t frequently used so him knowing there was no opening was highly unlikely. I assume he shoved his coat down first and didn’t hear it fall but saw it slide down. Next was the glasses and he likely heard the thud from the end of the shaft. Just MOO.

Does anyone think it's possible that Harley wasnt trying to enter the house?, I really have a hard time thinking any kid would look at a locked up house and decide to climb up and get in through a chimney,and he knew his mother would be going out so tjeres every chance he could have snuck back home when she was gone.
I am just wondering if he climbed up there and was either watching or exploring and maybe he thought someone was coming and got spooked,and maybe he thought he could crouch in the top of the chimney for a few minutes if he held on to the top,but his hands would have been cold and maybe he couldnt hold on and he literally slipped down?.

Does anyone think it's possible that Harley wasnt trying to enter the house?, I really have a hard time thinking any kid would look at a locked up house and decide to climb up and get in through a chimney,and he knew his mother would be going out so tjeres every chance he could have snuck back home when she was gone.
I am just wondering if he climbed up there and was either watching or exploring and maybe he thought someone was coming and got spooked,and maybe he thought he could crouch in the top of the chimney for a few minutes if he held on to the top,but his hands would have been cold and maybe he couldnt hold on and he literally slipped down?.
If he thought his mom would be going out and that he could return back to his home, then wouldn't it have perhaps made sense for him (in his mind) to think, well, I'll slide down the chimney, and then exit out of the (unbeknownst to him, non-existent) fireplace, stay warm in that neighbor's house, and then let myself out of the front/back door when my house is empty and go back home, and nobody will be the wiser? He would have known whatever his school's policies were for calling homes to report absences though, and therefore, presumably would've known he was going to get into trouble, but probably didn't figure it would be for entering a vacant home, but just for missing some classes?

A little more info in this report.

Jan 21, 2020

My take aways from the new info in the video:

It seems that something to do with his electronics/social media lead them to that house, or that's what is eluded to. Makes sense to me. Maybe this wasn't the very first time he went into that house and other times he did have his phone and either text/posted/pings (can they track down pings that close?) while he was there or said something to somebody before about going into the house. But that leads me to wonder if it WASN'T his first time entering that house, then he would have known it didn't have an actual fireplace that he could come out of.

The lead investigator did state that they couldn't corroborate through a medical source or anything that we was actually Autistic and had ADHD. Which makes me have a ton more questions, but now I understand why they didn't say he was or said "no comment" when asked in PC. Makes me lean towards his parents self diagnosing him. Because even if in the past he was diagnosed and maybe they were in between insurances or dr and didn't have it at that time, I would think LEO would still use that diagnosis as a fact and release it, it's not like a cold Autism/ADHD just doesn't go away over night. Although this doesn't make or break the case or would have changed the outcome, it does lend some light into the family's home life.

But of course instead of having questions answered, I have about a million more.

I am relieved to hear that he didn't show any signs of dehydration. It seems he went quick. I'm just glad he didn't suffer for days on end.

MOO

My take aways from the new info in the video:

It seems that something to do with his electronics/social media lead them to that house, or that's what is eluded to. Makes sense to me. Maybe this wasn't the very first time he went into that house and other times he did have his phone and either text/posted/pings (can they track down pings that close?) while he was there or said something to somebody before about going into the house. But that leads me to wonder if it WASN'T his first time entering that house, then he would have known it didn't have an actual fireplace that he could come out of.

The lead investigator did state that they couldn't corroborate through a medical source or anything that we was actually Autistic and had ADHD. Which makes me have a ton more questions, but now I understand why they didn't say he was or said "no comment" when asked in PC. Makes me lean towards his parents self diagnosing him. Because even if in the past he was diagnosed and maybe they were in between insurances or dr and didn't have it at that time, I would think LEO would still use that diagnosis as a fact and release it, it's not like a cold Autism/ADHD just doesn't go away over night. Although this doesn't make or break the case or would have changed the outcome, it does lend some light into the family's home life.

But of course instead of having questions answered, I have about a million more.

I am relieved to hear that he didn't show any signs of dehydration. It seems he went quick. I'm just glad he didn't suffer for days on end.

MOO
I don't get the same take-away as you do in regard to the social media, etc., and being led back to the house.. but in any case, he didn't say they 'couldn't' corroborate the autism and ADHD, he said it 'wasn't' corroborated. My take on that is that they did not bother to get authorizations from medical practitioners to verify it, simply because they did not need to. It doesn't seem to have had relevancy in the missing child case. imo.

I don't get the same take-away as you do in regard to the social media, etc., and being led back to the house.. but in any case, he didn't say they 'couldn't' corroborate the autism and ADHD, he said it 'wasn't' corroborated. My take on that is that they did not bother to get authorizations from medical practitioners to verify it, simply because they did not need to. It doesn't seem to have had relevancy in the missing child case. imo.

I just don't see them not getting the corroboration about a possible diagnosis because it's not relevant to the investigation. They had 10+ agencies at one point joining in on the search and I have a hard time believing that every single one of them wouldn't think it was relevant. IMO, it is relevant to the investigation and to the searchers or people that could have came into contact with him. It is pretty much common knowledge that a person with Autism does not always act in the same manor as somebody that doesn't. We've seen many cases with a child that has an actual diagnosis being stated in almost every announcement, take the Vallow kids for example.
Unless every person on that investigation was inept, I have a hard time believing that none of them would not take the time to make sure they had that information correctly. Maybe at the very beginning when they were in a rush to get the info out, but Harley was gone almost a month, I think that would be enough time to receive the right info, if he was indeed not self-diagnosed. But, then again there are a lot of strange things surrounding this case, hopefully slowly all our questions will have answers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member