Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt in my mind that Harley entered the chimney from the roof voluntarily or maybe involuntarily. I have read numerous times about the inside measurements of the chimney being approximately 9 inches by 13 inches. What is the exact or true measurement? The perimeter of a 9 x 13 inch rectangle would be 44 inches and the diagonal would be 15.81 inches, almost 16 inches. Harley was a small teen. What was his chest measurement? What was his hip measurement?
Can you show your math??? I dont think you are correct.

Thank you for the link but I did not read anything in there where Marcus was sitting in the car

Not op, but where it is stated that he was in his car is on the 4th page 4th paragraph. I tried to copy and paste for you, but it wouldn't let be highlight it. It states he was "still parked on Monroe st".

Edit: I guess that part can be up for interpretation. When I read it I think he was parked and in his car, but others might read it as that was where his car was parked, but he may not have been in it.
MOO

Not op, but where it is stated that he was in his car is on the 4th page 4th paragraph. I tried to copy and paste for you, but it wouldn't let be highlight it. It states he was "still parked on Monroe st".

Edit: I guess that part can be up for interpretation. When I read it I think he was parked and in his car, but others might read it as that was where his car was parked, but he may not have been in it.
MOO
Yes I found that. But that wasn't for the house they actually found HD in though.
That's where I'm getting confused.

Yes I found that. But that wasn't for the house they actually found HD in though.
That's where I'm getting confused.
That's the only thing I have seen reported about MH "sitting" in a car. Was it being said he was sitting outside the house on Fulton? Now, I'm just as confused as you!

The math is correct.
Perimeter: 9+9+13+13 = 44.
Diagonal: 9 squared + 13 squared = 15.81 squared.
You are not going to have 44 inches to take into account of a sound structure.. it's the size of a baking dish....dont get it twisted. I have a son close to the same age,height and weight and there is no way possible he could fit or even try to fit.

Thank you for the link but I did not read anything in there where Marcus was sitting in the car
It's in the police report after one of the LEO responded to a crash. When Harley's Dad went with them to one of the friend's houses,and they were unable to make contact. Harley's Dad stayed in his car,and saw someone go in the house. While the LEO responded to the crash. He let LEO know,then after clearing the crash the LEO went back to house that Harley's Dad saw the woman go in. ( Note. Not the house he was found in the chimney on Fulton Street)

You are not going to have 44 inches to take into account of a sound structure.. it's the size of a baking dish....dont get it twisted. I have a son close to the same age,height and weight and there is no way possible he could fit or even try to fit.
Yet Harley was found inside that structure so obviously he fit into the chimney.

That's the only thing I have seen reported about MH "sitting" in a car. Was it being said he was sitting outside the house on Fulton? Now, I'm just as confused as you!

No, that report was from the night Harley was reported missing.

Marcus and two officers (say, Officer #1 and #2) were making middle of the night visits to various addresses of Harley's friends to see what they might know about his whereabouts or when he was last seen. At one point, Marcus was asked to follow Officer #2 to an address on Monroe St while Officer #1 went to another of the addresses they were checking. When Marcus and Officer #2 arrived at the Monroe St address, Officer #2 knocked on the door but no one answered. Then, Officer #2 had to respond to another call. Marcus stayed in his car near the Monroe St address waiting for Officer #2 to return. Officer #1 learned that Officer #2 had to respond to a call (a crash), so he went to where Marcus was waiting and learned from Marcus that he had noticed someone had arrived and walked into the Monroe St address while Officer #2 had been gone, so Officer #1 knocked on the door and spoke with the person who opened it.

Edited: to correct an error in my retelling pointed out by a later poster

Last edited:
As much as you all feel like it was somebodys fault , it was in fact the victims own doing , ive read all the way through and seen LE being blamed , why ? The house was secure and locked, how they hell was they to guess he was half way down the chimney ?? It could have been anybodys chimney , sadly it was an unoccupied one..

And as for the mother ...harley appeared to be a bit of a livewire , his mother must have struggled , i can bet she wanted to pull her hair out a few times..and his , he appeared to be very independent and hard work and since he always came home and could look after himself she didnt feel the need to be concerned , i can imagine she was used to calls from the school, (she may have thought oh great here we go again ,and ignored that call . . Doesnt mean she didnt love him any less than other parents he made a choice that day..an aweful one.. but its no one elses fault..

I honestly didn't know my heart would break so much for somebody that I didn't personally know.
The only way I can continue to be on this site is if I don’t look at tributes and read them or listen to them. I care about these people and it would be an emotional roller coaster for me to attend their “memorial” albeit online. FWIW

Marcus and two officers (say, Officer #1 and #2) were making middle of the night visits to various addresses of Harley's friends to see what they might know about his whereabouts or when he was last seen. At one point, Marcus was asked to follow Officer #2 to an address on Monroe St while Officer #1 went to another of the addresses they were checking. When Marcus and Officer #2 arrived at the Monroe St address, Officer #2 knocked on the door but no one answered. Then, Officer #2 had to respond to another call. Marcus stayed in his car near the Monroe St address waiting for Officer #2 to return. Officer #1 learned that Officer #2 had to respond to a call (a crash), so he went to where Marcus was waiting and learned from Marcus that he had noticed someone had arrived and walked into the Monroe St address while Officer #2 had been gone, so Officer #1 knocked on the door, but no one answered.
When Officer #1 knocked on the door it WAS answered.She said she hadn't seen Harley since Thursday when he was playing with her kids.

Marcus and two officers (say, Officer #1 and #2) were making middle of the night visits to various addresses of Harley's friends to see what they might know about his whereabouts or when he was last seen. At one point, Marcus was asked to follow Officer #2 to an address on Monroe St while Officer #1 went to another of the addresses they were checking. When Marcus and Officer #2 arrived at the Monroe St address, Officer #2 knocked on the door but no one answered. Then, Officer #2 had to respond to another call. Marcus stayed in his car near the Monroe St address waiting for Officer #2 to return. Officer #1 learned that Officer #2 had to respond to a call (a crash), so he went to where Marcus was waiting and learned from Marcus that he had noticed someone had arrived and walked into the Monroe St address while Officer #2 had been gone, so Officer #1 knocked on the door, but no one answered.

That's what I thought had happened. I must have misread something and ran with it. Thank you for this breakdown, I appreciate it!

When Officer #1 knocked on the door it WAS answered.She said she hadn't seen Harley since Thursday when he was playing with her kids.

You're right! I edited my post to correct and so noted. Thank you for pointing this out.

My thoughts exactly!
After the police report came out it's making sense to me. I do wonder what led them back to that house. I think someone talked, that knew he would be,or could be there. I don't think it's anything malicious,or nefarious. Just a tragic series of unfortunate events,leading up to the perfect storm. Kid/s being stupid kid/s without the ability to see the dangers,or outcome. Then once thing got real, abject fear set in. Untill the pressure was really on.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member