CONVICTION OVERTURNED OH - Heidi Taylor, 40, murdered, Champaign County, 6 April 2017

Constant Spring Farm is a working farm. It always looks neat and well taken care of. Driving by I've always thought "wholesome", "family". If you google it you'll see what I mean. Such a shock to the community.

im thinking possible RAD. the dad has had custody for 11 years. this means his mother left/ceased to have custody when he was 3.

RAD as in reactive attachment disorder?

I definitely considered that and agree it's a possibility, but I don't know enough about the disorder or the kid to have felt comfortable including it as a "front runner" in my post. That's a good call though.

I thought RAD stemmed from poor or unhealthy attachment to a parent figure during ages 0-3. So, while he may have RAD, if I'm remembering correctly and am correct about the above, it isn't likely due solely or primarily to the absence of his mother after the age of three. We also don't know about his father... My husband was the primary caregiver for my stepson, due to his bio mom being a neglectful idiot, so my little guy has a strong paternal attachment. IDK I'm too tired and lazy and hungry to look it up... My take out just got here lol :)

I thought RAD stemmed from poor or unhealthy attachment to a parent figure during ages 0-3. So, while he may have RAD, if I'm remembering correctly and am correct about the above, it isn't likely due solely or primarily to the absence of his mother after the age of three. We also don't know about his father... My husband was the primary caregiver for my stepson, due to his bio mom being a neglectful idiot, so my little guy has a strong paternal attachment. IDK I'm too tired and lazy and hungry to look it up... My take out just got here lol :)

BBM

I think (although I may be misunderstanding your post) you're on the right track but have it slightly backwards.

RAD would stem from the parents' (esp mother's) absence or neglectful presence BEFORE (and maybe a little after) the age of 3, with the poor/unhealthy attachment, whether excessive (disinhibited) or minimal (inhibited) being more pronounced in the years AFTER that.

Or possibly "poor/unhealthy attachment" in your post means severely neglectful parenting in early life, in which case you'd be spot on and I apologize for the confusion :)

I was far from 100% on the RAD stuff off-hand, I had to look it up to double check (also apparently disinhibited RAD has been separated into a different disorder in DSM V? I straight up had no idea of that until now).

In any case, I agree 100% that if he has RAD it's not due to the mother's absence in mid-late childhood, and my thinking of that as a potential diagnosis had more to do with later/present behavioral symptoms than about factors outside his control in his early years.

We're in agreement, yes. I meant RAD develops due to very early issues with attachment, and manifests/presents throughout development. It's a very complicated diagnosis which I don't claim to be super knowledgeable about. I'm actually supposed to be getting more specific training on it for work... Remind me to nag my boss tomorrow :)

Dissociative disorder is very VERY rare - early onset schizophrenia with associated auditory hallucinations/delusions would be considered in his psych assessment. Interesting case.

I was thinking what do we know about how life was for him prior to dad getting custody? its rare for a mom to not have custody at all of such a young child.

The 911 audio was intense. I don't know how to feel about this yet

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Champaign Co. teen accused of killing father's girlfriend found mentally competent

Nicholas was found competent Thursday morning, next up is an amenability report. The same psychologist who did the competency report will do the amenability report.
"The amenability report is crucial. That's the issue of, can a child be rehabilitated within the time period allowed, meaning (the defendant's) 21st birthday, to the satisfaction of the court? I mean that's why we created juvenile courts in the first place," Heckman said.

More at link.

I was thinking what do we know about how life was for him prior to dad getting custody? its rare for a mom to not have custody at all of such a young child.

It is becoming less rare for a mom to not have custody due to drug addiction and alcoholism.

In the 911 transcript, it sounds fake (in my opinion) because he switches back and forth between 2 personalities that he is claiming that he has. One minute, it is Jeff but when asked why he killed her, he states what she did to him not to Jeff. Multiple personality disorder is extremely rare. One is born with a personality disorder, so he would not get it at a certain age. If there are 2 personalities, there should be evidence of it to the people around him before this happened. Schizophrenics kill their loved ones, but it's the voices inside their head, not another personality or another person living inside them. Schizophrenia usually shows up in mid to late 20s.

Mom may be an addict or alcoholic or both. (I am sorry for the repeat. I forgot that I already posted this comment)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back