GUILTY OH - Human Remains Found in Fire Pit, Akron, Sept 2018 - Martha Robin Freitag *Arrest*

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
IMG_2123_1536930946531_97495245_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

AKRON, Ohio - The Summit County Medical Examiner's Office and Akron police found suspected human remains in a fire pit behind the Akron home of a missing woman.

On Friday morning, the medical examiner resumed the search for the second day in a row behind a home in the 600 block of Crouse Street in Akron. That's when they made their discovery.

Authorities tell News 5 the investigation could be linked to the case of a missing woman. On Sept. 5., police received a missing person report for a woman whose home is at the address on Crouse Street where police found suspected human remains.

The woman's daughter told police that she had not seen her mother in over a month, and neither had neighbors. Officers went to do a welfare check at her home, but nobody was inside.
Medical examiner, police find suspected human remains in fire pit behind Akron home

An anthropology team from Mercyhurst University in Erie, Pa., is working with the authorities. The crew is sifting through the contents of yellow buckets by hand at the backyard search site. The Mercyhurst program has aided in previous investigations locally and nationally.
Police on the scene declined to comment.
A neighboring home was the site of an April house fire that killed an 89-year-old woman.
“Missing” fliers are posted throughout the neighborhood following the disappearance of another woman who resides there.
Authorities searching Akron yard for human remains

It looks like this was updated to name the possible victim as Robin Freitag Report no 18-20441

Authorities find body on missing woman’s property

Kim Freitag approached Akron police last week to file a missing person’s report for her mother, Robin Freitag. Kim hadn’t seen or heard from her mother, who owns the home, since late July.

The daughter, who lives in Cuyahoga Falls, suspected that an allegedly abusive boyfriend might have something to do with the disappearance of her 53-year-old mother.

She last interacted with her daughter on Facebook 8 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Wow. Mom missing since July and daughter just reported her missing? First searches turn up suspicious remains in the firepit in the backyard?

How long did the fire in the backyard burn?

A boy friend did this? Case closed?

Last edited:
What is going on in the video? Looks really weird.

Looks toward the end like the Mercyhurst people are sort of lining up to block the view of the camera. Weird that you can still see them put the body (well the tarp the body is in) on the gurney. Idk how I feel about them (Fox8) putting this out there. I guess it's normal these days. I hope if anything ever happens to me the media would grant me some dignity.

Wow. Mom missing since July and daughter just reported her missing? First searches turn up suspicious remains in the firepit in the backyard?

How long did the fire in the backyard burn?

A boy friend did this? Case closed?

It would appear she began raising the alarm at the end of August. She is an adult living elsewhere so I don't find it unusual she may not talk to her mom frequently. It is really sad in that her ex was succeeding at isolating her if this went down the way they seem to think it did. The drama with the neighbour is also strange - do I understand it right that the neighbour suspects the BF of also setting fire to the house?

According to WEWS, a family member of Robin Freitag found the gruesome scene as they were searching the home’s backyard. Freitag, 53, was reported missing last week and her family said no one has heard from her in a month.

Police were already investigating Freitag’s disappearance but do not have any leads. Summit County Medical Examiner Dr. Lisa Kohler said it’s too early to tell if the remains are Freitag’s or if they are those of someone else.
Police: Human remains found in fire pit at home of missing Ohio woman

Some quotes:
Robin Freitag’s family first noticed a weird pile of loose dirt under the ash inside a fire pit in her backyard Thursday.

Then her cousin, Angela Nottingham, saw scraps of burnt paper and picked up one with the word “Jahovah” typed onto it.

“Not everyone would think that much of that,” Nottingham explained on Facebook. “But I knew if Robin was alive and well, that she would never allow anyone to burn her Bible.”

Freitag, family said Saturday, was a very intelligent woman and onetime member of Mensa, the international group for people who score in the top 2 percent of standardized IQ tests.

She studied the Bible on Sundays with Jehovah’s Witnesses, sewed a series of whimsical curtains for her Crouse Street house, and kept a tree fort and a trampoline in the yard for her grandson.

She also loved her giant, old black Labrador, Sammy who is now being cared for by family.
Her death this weekend was not only mourned by her side of the family, but also by part of Callaghan’s.

“We love you! I won’t put that as past tense because we have and always will love Robin,” some of the Callaghans wrote to the Freitag family on Facebook on Saturday.

David Callaghan “is an evil and abusive person. Cold and callous filled with demons,” the family’s post continued. “He has no regard for human life and labeling him a sociopath would be too nice.”

More at the link. RIP Robin :(

This case touched me more than some others and I did not wanted to comment however seeing some previous post here I decided otherwise.

Robin's daughter reached out for help to my FB page for Missing and Unidentified while her mum was still missing. Family did file missing person's report, welness checks has been done, flyers have been posted in their neighbourhood, online campain has been done and even family did their own searches. They did all they could and more.

I was very sad and shaken to hear that on one of those searches it was her own pregnant daughter (who contacted me) and other family member who have finally found her :(. No daughter should find her mum that way and have to go through this horror..

May Robin RIP
1f339.png

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member