OH - James Hutchinson, 6, abused, thrown in river, Middletown, 28 Feb 2021 *GUILTY*

J6M3S6KV5BA25AJOW4SNV5ECC4.jpg

“The defendant admitted to taking her child to Rush Run in Preble County where she placed him outside of her vehicle. Defendant said she was going to leave the child in the park,” Detective Jon Hoover wrote in the court documents.

The boy attempted to get back in the vehicle, and Gosney told police she sped off, dragging James for a distance.

Gosney told police she left the park and returned about 30 to 40 minutes later and found the boy in the middle of the parking lot with a head injury. He was dead, police said.

“(Gosney) stated she picked the child up, put him back in the vehicle and drove back (to her residence) where she took the child in the house and placed him in an upstairs bedroom,” the complaint states.

The following day she drove to the Ohio River and disposed of the boy’s body in the water, she told police.

Hamilton admitted to police he kept the boy’s body in the Crawford Street house and then took part in disposing of it in the Ohio River

Dear God, there are no words. Just none. Every time I say it’s the worst, and there’s always worse still. Mother Mary, take this beautiful boy into your loving arms.

Trying hard to not bawl my eyes out over this one. I don’t know how a mother could ever do this to her child. That poor little boy. Why couldn’t she just surrender him to a family member or even DCF! Someone would have loved him! This just makes my soul ache.

This was premeditated. What was wrong with her to think she could abandon 3 kids and no questions asked. Unfortunately James never made it back. Then the bf gets involved and goes along with her. These TWO are not normal. MOO

Police said Monday that the mother "is not showing much remorse" and and has not said why she left James at the park.
Gosney told the judge she had a learning disability and didn't understand what was happening. Birk said at the press conference she knows right from wrong and understood her rights.
James Robert Hutchinson death: Mom Brittany Gosney charged with murder

The only "learning disability" I can think of that causes a parent to murder a child is psychopathy. :rolleyes: GMAB. She certainly understood what she was doing when she dragged James alongside her car.

This was premeditated. What was wrong with her to think she could abandon 3 kids and no questions asked. Unfortunately James never made it back. Then the bf gets involved and goes along with her. These TWO are not normal. MOO
Why didn't she take them ANYWHERE else to surrender them??? She had been involved with Children's Services before, and should have known that that was an option!

What the heck? She tried to abandon her four kids in a random location? Why? She ran this poor baby over with a car and still left him there, apparently with another child?

And those poor kids knew what she was doing, that she was trying to leave them there.

The kicker here - her fourth child was already taken away from her and in states custody -- For the love of God, why was the other 3 left in her care! Someone explain this to me..... CPS failed this child.

She has four kids the oldest, a girl, seems to be in her early to mid teens which means the mother had her in her mid teens. The mother is 29 but based on her FB she left high school in 2016 so it does sound like she has a learning disability.

I don't believe the oldest child was part of the mother's plan to abandon her children. Could be because she is self sufficient whereas the younger children are a millstone around her neck.

Reading her FB she sounds like a grifter, constantly trying to raise money for all sorts of things but it appears nobody bites so she must have a bit of a history with her friends. Her comments going back several years sound like cries for help. She has been overwhelmed for a while but has never reached out for professional help it seems.

I know many people will disagree with me but this woman is a prime example of why there is a need for abortion. Society shouldn't just care about a child before it reaches the birth canal; the minute they become a sentient being is when it is most essential that children don't end up with parents like this poor little boy.

It is absolutely tragic that this child died at his own mother's hand; that the very person who was supposed to protect him was the monster under the bed. The surviving siblings will have psychiatric issues for decades.

She needs to be punished for her actions but I don't know what that punishment should be.

Why didn't she take them ANYWHERE else to surrender them??? She had been involved with Children's Services before, and should have known that that was an option!
This is an excellent example of why I would like to see a “no questions asked” safe drop off option for children of all ages, not just newborns.

If parents knew they could take their child or children to a designated place such as a fire station without repercussions it would save lives!

This is an excellent example of why I would like to see a “no questions asked” safe drop off option for children of all ages, not just newborns.

If parents knew they could take their child or children to a designated place such as a fire station without repercussions it would save lives!
it's not exactly criminally excused but it's heavily mitigated from a general child abandonment charge in my 3rd world country s-hole, fwiw.

I can't really recall one time it has happened, but the intention is good.

Inhuman monsters. If those horrible details are what they admitted too, I can only imagine how much more happened to this sweet child.

I'm heartbroken because anyone of us here, let alone thousands nationwide would have taken James and his siblings. He didn't have to die and his egg-donor didn't have to spend the rest of her life in prison. It seems so simple and clear to me, why can't they see it too?

Last edited:
The boy was described as “joyful” and a student who greeted Rosa Parks’ teachers each school day with a hug.

“We are all mourning the loss of our friend James today,” Tracey Neeley, principal of the school, said in a statement.

“James was a happy and joyful soul who loved school. On the days he was in class, he would give hugs to all his teachers as he walked into school.”

“A fun memory I have is the way his face would light up when he won the lucky lunch tray! First-graders can find the joy in just about anything. I will always remember his bright joy,” said Neeley.
‘He would give hugs to all his teachers’: Middletown school officials mourn first-grader allegedly killed by mother

Police said Monday that the mother "is not showing much remorse" and and has not said why she left James at the park.
Gosney told the judge she had a learning disability and didn't understand what was happening. Birk said at the press conference she knows right from wrong and understood her rights.
James Robert Hutchinson death: Mom Brittany Gosney charged with murder

The only "learning disability" I can think of that causes a parent to murder a child is psychopathy. :rolleyes: GMAB. She certainly understood what she was doing when she dragged James alongside her car.
Bull-carp, and I bet a jury would agree with me!!!

The kicker here - her fourth child was already taken away from her and in states custody -- For the love of God, why was the other 3 left in her care! Someone explain this to me..... CPS failed this child.
What's frustrating is that we have other threads here where adoptive parents harmed their kids and the bio moms are claiming they were removed from their care for "minor" reasons. Then we have threads like this where we're left shaking our heads that CPS didn't remove kids.

It's like a never-ending maze of trying to do what's best for the children. I agree with posters here that surrendering children of any age when a parent feels overwhelmed, even if only temporarily until support could be put in place, is a good idea. Respite care would allow CPS to investigate and help parents in need and at the same time assess homes where the children should be removed.

I know it'll never be perfect but for pity sakes there's got to be changes. MOO. Poor James, another innocent child treated like an unwanted animal. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back