OH - James Hutchinson, 6, abused, thrown in river, Middletown, 28 Feb 2021 *GUILTY*

Not much of a trade-off, if this is what mommy did -- get rid of this beautiful little red-haired child (I'm a big fan of red-heads) in exchange for that ~man~ ? Why not the other two as well?
SMH.

Another little one up there with all those other angels we have mourned here.

from what i understand, she was trying to get rid of all of them, but james tried to get back in there car / held onto the car and fell under the tires. those poor other kids saw the whole thing.

My son is a red head and I think that’s why this case has hit me so hard. His dad is remarried and this and Gannon’s case had me thinking about what I’d do if his step-mom did something to him. It just makes me sick to my stomach. This poor sweet baby.
I have three red heads. Their hair has turned some now that they’re grown adults. I’m so partial to red heads. Always have been. I still see them as little toddlers with their fiery red hair with huge smiles.

How could anyone do this to their own or anyone’s child?

Women, take up for your child. Protect your child. Whatever it takes. Don’t forget children are humans. Not material possessions you can use, lose, trade or sell. Sell your own filthy body to provide for child if you must. This so called mother grosses me out. Shudders. Omg, what do we do with our anger? Our wrath. How can we channel these emotions? Where? To another abused child thread. We say no! But we will. You know it. How do we process all these innocent defenseless lives lost? Why do we do this to ourselves? Little Lucas with his button up shirt. Gannon with blue Sonic... so many many more. The list goes on forever. So many underreported and possibly many never reported. I detest these monsters. They should f* and die!

The city of Middletown says it is working with the Middletown City Schools and a financial institution to create a trust to benefit the siblings of James Hutchinson.

"We anticipate the trust being available for the community soon and we will share that information as soon as possible," the city said in a news release.
Middletown and Middletown City Schools establishing trust for James Hutchinson

The city of Middletown says it is working with the Middletown City Schools and a financial institution to create a trust to benefit the siblings of James Hutchinson.

"We anticipate the trust being available for the community soon and we will share that information as soon as possible," the city said in a news release.
Middletown and Middletown City Schools establishing trust for James Hutchinson

The Middletown Police Department says Gosney has no previous criminal record. The department says it also was never called out to the home on Crawford Street in Middletown.

However, the property owner says the family moved in on February 1, 2021. The homeowner says Gosney's name was on the lease, but says he knew James Hamilton was also living in the home.

Neighbors tell us during the short time the kids lived at the home, they hardly saw them.

We asked the Middletown City School District for more information regarding James and his two siblings.

A spokesperson with Middletown City School District says "The children were happy students with great attendance. Like his one teacher said last night, James never missed a Zoom. Brittany Gosney was in communication with the schools and accepted any resources we gave her, including working with our Success Liaison."
https://www.scribd.com/document/496715387/Rush-Run-Public-Records#from_embed
'The children were happy students,' school district says of James Hutchinson and siblings

However, the property owner says the family moved in on February 1, 2021. The homeowner says Gosney's name was on the lease, but says he knew James Hamilton was also living in the home.

A spokesperson with Middletown City School District says "The children were happy students with great attendance. Like his one teacher said last night, James never missed a Zoom. Brittany Gosney was in communication with the schools and accepted any resources we gave her, including working with our Success Liaison."
https://www.scribd.com/document/496715387/Rush-Run-Public-Records#from_embed
'The children were happy students,' school district says of James Hutchinson and siblings
Dollars to donuts he was with her because she had welfare benefits (food, shelter, utilities). No kids = no benefits, guess he didn't think that one through. Or maybe similar to the West case, they would get rid of the kids but still receive the benefits. I'm angry, so very angry at this mom.

Why not return to Father?
Maybe her "wonderful new man" (gag) had abused James and she had to hide it; so she couldn't give him to his bio dad ?
Imo.
@LietKynes or anyone bbm Hmm, yes, why not?
Had a court ordered James' Father to pay child support to her for the child?
Or ordered him (or other man if he was not the father) child support to her for other children?
If ^ so, and she did not have custody, C/S obligation to her would end?
And/or perhaps other gov't payments to her for child(ren) would terminate?

Seems remote, but maybe federal earned income tax credit was incentive for her to keep kids? Just thinking thru possibilities. my2cts.

ETA: @Knox. Ah, thinking alike.

This poor childs circumstances have truly affected me. With that being said, we don't know if the father who in above MSM articles saying " she killed my son" and yet, we don't when the last time he saw his kid, we don't know if he paid child support. I'm not placing blame on anyone other then what we are seeing but I'm not letting anyone else off the hook either. This is so unbelievable heartbreaking, he was failed by many. ALL IMO

Both James Hutchinson, 6, and Nylo Lattimore, 3, were murdered and then thrown in the Ohio River. Hutchinson was allegedly killed by his mother and his body dumped in the river over the weekend. Lattimore vanished in December, and last week the Hamilton County prosecutor said investigators believe he was thrown into the river while he was still alive.

Community members gathered for a candlelight vigil at the Masonic Lodge in Middletown. Organizers wanted to offer prayers that the bodies of both boys will be found soon.
Community holds vigil for 2 Tri-State boys who were murdered

"Kids are at risk every day, and thousands of children are abused every day,” said Jane Hermes, executive director at the Family Nurturing Center. “So as traumatic as those stories are and they are, there are so many opportunities to reach families before that kind of tragedy happens."

"Some of the really basic things you can look for in parents is when parents don't have an explanation for their child's injury or an explanation that's inconsistent,” said Jill Gay, director of program and services at Family Nurturing Center. “Looking for parents who isolate their children."
Child advocates urge community to look out for signs of abuse

“Both of these little boys’ lives ended tragic and senselessly... unfortunately in the world we live in, this has become a reality,” Destiny Hill said.
Nylo, James remembered at prayerful vigil as search for bodies goes on

My son is a red head and I think that’s why this case has hit me so hard. His dad is remarried and this and Gannon’s case had me thinking about what I’d do if his step-mom did something to him. It just makes me sick to my stomach. This poor sweet baby.

So sorry you have to even think of that, but we do. We wonder after reading these cases.

Your son is Blessed as was this gorgeous child. Being only about 2% of the world's population having red hair.

Think Robert Redford is all I say. One of my nephews picked up the gene. Both sides. We are all jealous. In his late 20's and very good looking guy the ladies think.

May this child rest easy. Your own mother can do such a thing brings me to tears.

Just saw this -- Please forgive if it's a repeat --
She and the most-important-person-in-her-life are lower than low. What a couple.

Mom Allegedly Killed Boy She Didn't Want, and Dad Says 'All She Had to Do Was Give Him to Me'
First-grader James Hutchinson, 6, was killed after he was dragged by his mother's minivan
By KC Baker
March 04, 2021 01:05 PM
Chilling new details have emerged in the case of the Ohio mother accused of killing her 6-year-old son and throwing his body in the icy Ohio River last week.
Brittany Gosney, 29, of Middletown, told police she was pressured to "get rid of" her kids by her boyfriend, James Hamilton, 42, according to a shocking Preble County Sheriff's Office incident report obtained by the Journal-News, WKRC and The Daily Beast.
[...]
A recently released incident report from the PCSO says Gosney told police she was under pressure to "get rid of" her kids – Hutchinson and his two siblings, ages 9 and 7, the Journal-News reports.
[...]
When she found the boy lying in the road, she told authorities she thought he was dead, according to the documents.
"Brittany then loaded the 2 live children and Hutchinson back into the vehicle and returned to her and Hamilton's residence." the PCSO incident report says, The Daily Beast reports.
-----------------------------
More here:

Ohio Mother Accused of Killing Son Pressured to 'Get Rid Of' Him by Boyfriend, Say Police

There’s something off with this park story. Something isn’t being told. I’m curious what the kids will share with LE. I am curious what isn’t consistent with their stories. It sounds like they’re coordinated with the disposal of his body but I wonder what kind of details aren’t right. If they were pointing fingers what would make her the one charged? He has something to hide and I don’t like the charges for him. Concerns me about him getting off. JMO MOO Police: Mother, boyfriend stories ‘identical’ on Ohio River disposal of 6-year-old Middletown boy

There’s something off with this park story. Something isn’t being told. I’m curious what the kids will share with LE. I am curious what isn’t consistent with their stories. It sounds like they’re coordinated with the disposal of his body but I wonder what kind of details aren’t right. If they were pointing fingers what would make her the one charged? He has something to hide and I don’t like the charges for him. Concerns me about him getting off. JMO MOO Police: Mother, boyfriend stories ‘identical’ on Ohio River disposal of 6-year-old Middletown boy
Ita.
I'd pondered some other, darker scenarios that I won't go into detail about.
But this 'boyfriend' gives me the heebie-jeebies.
Dragging a frantic helpless child to his death sounds so brutal, and it is.
But what if that wasn't the whole story ?
This egg donor reminds me of the case here, IL - Child, 9, charged in fire deaths of 5 people, Goodfield, 6 Apr 2019 | Page 42 of Katrina Alwood, who has blamed her young son for a fire that killed 5 people.
MOO

Ita.
I'd pondered some other, darker scenarios that I won't go into detail about.
But this 'boyfriend' gives me the heebie-jeebies.
Dragging a frantic helpless child to his death sounds so brutal, and it is.
But what if that wasn't the whole story ?
This egg donor reminds me of the case here, IL - Child, 9, charged in fire deaths of 5 people, Goodfield, 6 Apr 2019 | Page 42 of Katrina Alwood, who has blamed her young son for a fire that killed 5 people.
MOO
I’ve been thinking that she does remind me of Katrina too.

I’m close to the area and this is not the only recent heartbreaking story out of Middletown. I think of little boys who were killed there not so many years back every time I pass the exit. Now I will think of him too. I have a son a year behind him in school and I am at such a loss what these parents can possibly tell their poor kids to help them understand what happened. Even if you don’t tell your kids what happened the reality is they will hear about it at school.
I’m horrified for this poor baby, his siblings and the whole community and TBH every time I see this BG photo I can’t help but think of how much she resembles Jillian Tait. I can’t think of anyone else who has sickened me more than her but BG might be able to give her a good run. JMO MOO

Search for James Hutchinson’s body to resume this weekend; Memorial fund established
Search for James Hutchinson’s body to resume this weekend; Memorial fund established

James Hutchinson’s mother, accused killer asked relatives to take her children, but changed her mind [Exclusive]

I haven't seen this shared here yet, sorry if already shared.

Poor children must have been confused with the whole family dinamics. 9 and 7 years old, this will haunt them forever. Why didn't she give them to their dad!!
Thank you for this link, @Bogyo13 .

I noticed in the link to the sisters' statement (HG) that in the video James' face appears to have bruises. :(
Specifically at the 1:07 and 1:30 mark.

And if BG cut off contact a month before James' death, it's possible he passed earlier than the park incident ?
Although the testimony of the older children will be crucial.

Confused, devastated: Suspect’s sister reacts to death of 6-year-old boy

Many people are going through lots of procedures -- jumping through very personal hoops that take a lot of time, trips to the doctors, money, and often disappointment to try to get pregnant with just one child. Adoptions are expensive in time and money, and so many of these folks never get off the waiting list.

OTOH, children's lives seem to come so cheaply to some people. It's like buying a shirt or a dress and our boyfriend doesn't like it, so just throw it away -- you've got another one. And if the boyfriend doesn't like another shirt or dress, just throw that one away, too. Ho-hum. And it will never stop, IMO.

Please excuse the mini-rant. It just spilled out of me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back