Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #2

Because it's happening every week around the country for the past 20 years. Where are all the other ethnicity, short, fat, women also drowning? It's not happening because there is truly a serial killing cult targeting a very specific subset of Americans.

Yes. And why is it only happening in very concentrated areas of country? Why not out west? There are tons of downtown/bar areas that are near water where this never happens; it is very specific to a handful of states. Why do the victims have so many similarities? If they are so drunk to the point of stumbling into bodies of water (sometimes only inches of feet deep) why are there no witnesses that ever see them stumbling toward these waterways? Why are strange cell phone calls often made the night of their disappearance? Why are cell phone/wallets and other personal property often found in different areas? There are so many odd connections with many of these cases that I honestly do not see how anyone can look at them and think they are unrelated.

Is this what happened to Joey? We don't know, but we do know the circumstances surrounding his disappearance and death are eerily similar to MANY of these drowning cases.

Body was was in relatively good shape not too badly decomposed? Is that what he said?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New here, and I am heartbroken for Joey's family and friends. I didn't know Joey personally, but have been struck since the beginning by his kind eyes and smile.

I too am not surprised that a detective on the scene when his body was pulled from the river had a different impression or description of his body than the Coroner. I imagine LE has known this was Joey since the moment he was discovered. They knew what he was wearing when he disappeared and from the get-go his body was described as fully clothed and being a man in his twenties, which is rather descriptive. Making an "official" by the books identification is another matter, and clearly the state of decomposition made this more difficult for the coroner. Yet they've still known all along a rather specific age range, so from the detective's standpoint, the body was able to provide clues as to his identity, and therefore not in bad condition as compared to other cases. But i image they knew what they were dealing with from the beginning based on the clothing.

There is just no way this was
accidental. And I don't buy the information released to the media that this search was just part of a random search of the area. They had some kind of lead that sent them there.

During the late 70's and 80's we partied all over Cbus, Cleveland, Akron/Kent and Pittsburgh. All of those cities have rivers running through them. During that time, I worked for a couple of radio stations and I can't remember ever hearing of someone going missing from a bar and later being found in a river.

It was not accidental. Not at all. Someone murdered Joey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During the late 70's, early 80's we partied all over Cbus, Cleveland, Akron/Kent and Pittsburgh. All of those cities have rivers running through them. During that time I worked for a couple of radio stations and I can't remember ever hearing of someone going missing from a bar and later being found in a river.

Exactly! No one ever fell in a river and drowned but the police and media want to make us all fools and think it's common. It's really not at all. All of these men found dead in the water were murdered. Smiley face killer cult.

Not being confrontational but...why are people so convinced this situation is anything more than a tragic accident? Here in Cleveland we have an entertainment district on the river and young people out drinking and partying have ended up dead in the river many times-I know the family members expected him to be right back at the table etc... but sometimes young people out for a night of fun meet up with lots of other folks and bar hop and do all sorts of things they may not want to inform their family about- a male stepping to the riverside to possibly urinate is drunk or impaired and then they're gone-other acquaintances who may not even know this person well don't really notice and suddenly its the next morning and somebody has been missing 10 hrs. I don't know this happened ,obviously -but it seems more probable than a 24yr. old man being a victim of human trafficking.Also... look back on the last thread, there are statements about Joey being seen in other bars that night-maybe he just wanted to cut loose from his family and it turned tragic.

Because - there are no nightly venues or events that take place here on this particular river. Access to the river is not close and is blocked by trees and brush from where he was last seen. It isn't convenient by any means. He would have had to have walked a good 20 to 25 minutes to the scioto mile where there are pathways to the river. And why would he do that alone at 1 in the morning?

Hoping the investigation yields when exactly he died and of course, how.

Exactly! No one ever fell in a river and drowned but the police and media want to make us all fools and think it's common. It's really not at all. All of these men found dead in the water were murdered. Smiley face killer cult.

That is not factual. It is, actually, common and has been happening more and more. IMO alcohol and/or drugs have a lot to do with this.

And I'm not saying this is what happened to Joey. But it happens. Often.

So sad :( Rest in peace Joey.

Hope they get to the bottom of this soon. Someone knows something IMO. Being so far from where his vehicle was parked and the driving comment is telling to me, that he wasn't alone when he left the bar.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That is not factual. It is, actually, common and has been happening more and more. IMO alcohol and/or drugs have a lot to do with this.

And I'm not saying this is what happened to Joey. But it happens. Often.

Except in many of the cases, the guys are have little to no alcohol in their systems.

So who is lying and why? The detective was there and saw the body. Why would the police and or ME lie about the condition of the body?

In my opinion, I feel as though this whole investigation has been wishy-washy- much of us feel as though we have been left in the dark- much of us think that there are things that were known but not shared- much of us think that there are answers that aren't being given- much of of us think that there is more to the story-
There are probably reasons for those things of course. Nothing is black and white- I understand that. But, I feel as though the public is blinded for a reason. I hope we find out that reason soon.
I don't think you have to be a expert to tell whether a body is "badly decomposed" or in "decent" shape. If I indicated that a dead body was in "decent" shape, I would note no noticeable decomposition and that the person was recognizable and identifiable.
"Badly decomposed" indicates that the body is probably unrecognizable- don't have to be proficient in science to know the difference.
We are talking about a homicide detective here- he sees dead bodies EVERY DAY- in ALL different states of decomposition and condition.

So who is lying and why? The detective was there and saw the body. Why would the police and or ME lie about the condition of the body?

RIP Joey and prayers for his family.

IMO, no one lied. Bodies rapidly decompose once removed from the water. Perhaps the detective based his statement on viewing Joey before he was removed from the river.

cant get the bold off??

I too ,think we are mvong in the direction of a hate crime, and are going find some "forced" or demented things happened to our Joey, sorry to say

Hate Crime Law & Legal Definition. A hate crime is usually defined by state law as one that involves threats, harassment, or physical harm and is motivated by prejudice against someone's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical or mental disability.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Legal+defination+of+a+hatecriem

Why would the police and or ME lie about the condition of the body?

THAT is a question that must be answered.IMO Infurated me this aM. Get it together and quit BS ing everyone OR at least BS in the same way geezzzz

SVU whose skill set is removal of deceased and MD are not even close

something is very rotten in Denmark. I think we are reasonalbe folks here.And can understand a car being silver or maybe gray.

But when one agancy says we found a bright orange car and the impound folks,24 hours later talks about blue 18 wheeler

houston we have aproblem and its serious

I am sure family has read all this cr*p as well - its not right.Goget the PI. Unless they are telling them a whole and completly different deal and I mean totally different OR parents tell these folks you have 24 hours to clear up why on one day you told us to take a right turn and now your saying you never said that........take a left turn

It is quite annoying at this point and has IMo been happening way to often in Joeys sitution repulsive actually

Except in many of the cases, the guys are have little to no alcohol in their systems.

Do you have links to back this up?

Also, I stated in my post that it is my opinion. Since many of the tox reports are not made public.

It is because you will not get a true reading of BAC (blood alcohol content) the longer a person has been deceased....
" Bodies immersed in water for a period of time further add to the dilemma of establishing accurate BAC levels in corpses because immersion can cause major spikes in blood/alcohol concentrations."

http://killingkillers.blogspot.com/p/blood-alcohol-content-ffect.html

http://nbc4i.com/2016/03/31/police-identify-body-found-in-scioto-river-as-joey-labute-jr/

Didn't the first reports say that the body wasn't too badly decomposed? The article is now stating that it was quite decomposed and that's why they needed the dental records to identify him.

I can see where the crew pulling the body out of the water might deem it "in pretty good shape" based on an array of experiences that they have had. Presumably the body was still "intact," with the pieces all still connected together, there was some recognizeable clothing (most likely at least at the level of something like jeans, shirt type, sneakers vs loafers, etc). The face may even have been recognizeable as a face--but not sufficiently comparable to the living face for comparative purposes.

While I don't see LE as having been particularly forthcoming vis a vis conclusions or suspicions without something solid to hang it on, I also don't necessarily suspect either incompetence or deliberate obfuscation.

Field interviews with LE spokespersons seem to always have an element of gamesmanship. LE has a limited range of information to share, and journalists work to push beyond that--asking questions on behalf of the public. And we as the public tend to pounce on the places between the official "just the facts" version and outright denial of something.

1. Officer's v. coroner's different impression about condition of body - Police and the coroner have different goals. To the officer, the body was probably in relatively good condition. To a medical doctor who is trying to identify the individual, it was not. Don't blame the news -- it is just reporting what both of them said.

2. Serial killer, human trafficking, and hate crime - No. Too far-fetched and does not fit pattern or profile.

3. Lack of visible injuries is intriguing.

4. Did he know how to swim? Some do not.

5. Autopsy and toxicology report will shed light.

6. Based solely on the above information and lack thereof, currently, the most likely explanation is accidental with contributing factors of impairment by alcohol and/or other substances.

In my opinion, I feel as though this whole investigation has been wishy-washy- much of us feel as though we have been left in the dark- much of us think that there are things that were known but not shared- much of us think that there are answers that aren't being given- much of of us think that there is more to the story-
There are probably reasons for those things of course. Nothing is black and white- I understand that. But, I feel as though the public is blinded for a reason. I hope we find out that reason soon.
I don't think you have to be a expert to tell whether a body is "badly decomposed" or in "decent" shape. If I indicated that a dead body was in "decent" shape, I would note no noticeable decomposition and that the person was recognizable and identifiable.
"Badly decomposed" indicates that the body is probably unrecognizable- don't have to be proficient in science to know the difference.
We are talking about a homicide detective here- he sees dead bodies EVERY DAY- in ALL different states of decomposition and condition.

Exactly. The detective said the coroner was "on the scene" and *they* did a preliminary examination of the body. This detective was present along with the coroner and if the body was badly decomposed, I believe he would have stated that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back