Found Deceased OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, Apr 15, 2019.

1. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

When I posted the map the other day of the farm where found. The mark was west of Cobbler and slightly north of Squirrel rd

2. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

I found an article (there are also several more that I can't find right now) that states "people on the farm..." That leads me to believe that Jonathon and the 29 year old man were not the only 2 working that Saturday (apparently in the morning since it's been said Jonathon did not return to the farm that afternoon.)

"According to people on the farm, the boy complained about a toothache and said that he was going to call his mother to pick him up and take him home. That was the last time he was seen."

Missing Teen Jonathon Minard Found Dead, Buried on a Farm

3. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

Jonathan Minard: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
    Residents were also advised to check their garages and any other structures on their property. ‘There’s a lot of abandoned cabins and sheds and stuff back there too, so we’re hoping maybe he held up somewhere and is waiting it out,’ Huffman explained.
    As I was re-reading this article I was taken by the phrase above that I bolded. What could they think he was waiting out? My gut still has me thinking what ultimately was a drug overdose.

4. Ommmm

Ommmm Well-Known Member

This part really stood out to me:

“Soon after Minard’s disappearance, the Sheriff shared his concern for Minard’s well-being, and acknowledged that the boy’s disappearance was troubling. “You know what? I haven’t slept for three nights. We’re talking about a young man that has no cell phone, that doesn’t have any money, and he’s been gone for three or four days? It’s pretty suspicious to me,“ he said, adding, “Obviously, I know some things about this case that I’m not going to reveal and we want to be able to get this solved, get this taken care of, and make sure it’s right.”

5. Ommmm

Ommmm Well-Known Member

Or that parent instinct which tells you something isn’t quite right. They may have felt some unease with the whole situation leading up to the disappearance.

6. pepper 34

Yes, that's true. But a WS member reached out to the publication who ran that map publicly yesterday and that location was an approximation and not the exact location of the body.
    ETA: Here is the news article with the map you posted yesterday. Now when you click on the blue marker saying, "Body found here" you will see a pop-up they added after the WS member contacted them; letting you know the blue marker is not on exact location where the body was found.
    UPDATE: Jonathon Minard found dead in shallow grave

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  7. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

Another thought that occurred to me was perhaps he saw something (drug related) that made him feel he needed to be out of sight for awhile and to "wait it out". He had no phone or money and no way to get help but to try and walk home. Besides he was a 14 year old boy who may have been scared out of his wits.

8. Thora_Jay

Thora_Jay Well-Known Member

Sorry for the mistake in the road name I posted in the above post. It is Moline road not Mobile road.

Jethro4WS, cass523 and MsArk like this.
  9. Thora_Jay

Thora_Jay Well-Known Member

10. pepper 34

Interesting... I googled "Can a heart attack feel like a toothache?" Anyway, yes, what seems to be a toothache can actually be a cardiac event.

In the event that Jonathon was found deceased when the 29 year old went home after work...
    or Jonathon took or was given (knowingly or unknowingly a drug) and subsequently was found dead...
    or of Jonathon had a pre-existing cardiac condition and, due to the work being strenuous, he died suddenly...

I'm not saying I think this is what happened but just speculating. I know if I found a kid, who was working for me, dead; I would call 911 immediately. I think most people would. I have to think anyone who didn't call 911 under such circumstances must have felt directly or indirectly responsible for the death; whether Jonathon had a heart attack or not.

There's no shortage of links on the subject but here's two:
    "Heart disease and lung cancer can also cause toothaches. In some cases, toothache may be a warning sign of a heart attack.
    Heart and lung disease can cause toothache pain due to the location of your vagus nerve. This nerve runs from your brain to the different organs in your body, including your heart and lungs. It passes through your jaw."
    Toothache: Causes, Symptoms and Diagnosis

"Pain from a heart attack can spread down both arms and to the jaw or head. Some people report a headache, earache, or tooth pain as a symptom during a heart attack. You can experience this pain with, or without, chest pain when you have a heart attack."
    Heart Attack Warning Signs You Should Not Ignore

11. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I saw this interview by Sheriff prior to JM being located in shallow grave. Sheriff was visibly shaken by the missing youth, and was very vocal that this was a good kid. Sad for this community.

Jethro4WS, Denisedyann, Jim_M and 6 others like this.
  12. Songbird1973

Songbird1973 Well-Known Member

The intersection where a load of hay passes in front of the photographer is here, at the main intersection of New Harrisburg, the town where the speaker is saying JM stayed with his "friend".

Google Maps

13. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

What are the chances that a 14 yr old was having a heart attack though?

Jethro4WS, Jim_M, Plo_Koon and 4 others like this.
  14. claudianunes

claudianunes Well-Known Member

Stuff like that happens.
    What doesn't happen is a 14-year-old boy having a heart attack, passing away, digging a shallow grave and placing himself in that grave. If it was some health issue, why bury the body? Why not call 911?

Jethro4WS, Jim_M, Indy Anna and 12 others like this.
  15. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

Darn... thought there'd be an arrest by now.

Jethro4WS, HayLouise, Jim_M and 2 others like this.
  16. Ommmm

Ommmm Well-Known Member

Very possible if he had a congenital heart defect, which can sometimes go completely unnoticed.

17. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

Wasn't he found in a shallow grave? He dug that while having a heart attack? Color me confused.

18. Ommmm

Ommmm Well-Known Member

The question posed by Katydid23 asked:

Which is the scope of what I was responding to, to clarify.

Jethro4WS and katydid23 like this.
  19. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

Can you copy and paste what is written in the link? I guess I met my quota, I have to pay to read another article. Thank you

Jethro4WS likes this.
  20. Songbird1973

Songbird1973 Well-Known Member

These are my thoughts on some of the many things that are unclear. This all assumes POI alone is guilty, and his family is innocent, having believed his story. MOO

I don't think the "wife" referenced in the 911 call is POI's. It's MOO that POI is single. The aunt making the call was EXTREMELY rattled, and is trying to repeat what JM's parents have told her in a very jumbled way, while trying to keep the family calm. I do suspect that "him" and "his wife" are whoever lives at the farm, probably POI's parents the owners.

It is clear now that JM was working on a farm in Washington Township (video evidence showing an LE vehicle leaving "the farm where JM worked"), even though all MSM reported it to be near New Harrisburg earlier. The farm belongs to POI's father so it's likely his parents live on the farmyard.

I believe that JM was indeed at the farm (alive) through the Sat. morning milking. We don't know if anyone else was actually in the barn and saw JM there, but it sounds like the milking schedule was set up to have at least two people working at a time. So, if something had happened to JM while at the POI's house overnight, the POI would have had to ask someone else to help him in order to get done on schedule. Then he would have told a different story, or timeline at least.

I think that POI and JM did return to the POI's house in New Harrisburg at noon Sat. Or if the media was wrong, I've wondered if he lived just southwest of there near the Baxter Ridge church area where LE focused searching.

I lived with a dairy family once, and they never got enough sleep between milkings and took naps every chance they got. So, MOO, I think after eating some lunch, POI took - and shared with JM - drugs of some kind prior to a nap.

Then, the scenario I'm leaning towards right now is that either JM died soon after taking the drug; or, when POI woke up to leave for the dairy, he discovered JM dead. So if he's had several drug incidents already, he knows he's in HUGE trouble no matter how accidental the death was. He also knows he's got to start the milking on time (or the cows will let everyone in the county know by loudly mooing), so he takes the body with him to the farm, quickly buries it and heads to the barn.

But now he needs help with the milking (and an alibis) so he tells someone (his dad or mom if they live there?) the "JM stayed back at my house with a toothache so his mom could come get him" story, and asks for someone else to help him.

Then at 7:30 the milking is done, and POI, probably in the presence of someone at the farm, called JM's parents to "make sure JM had gotten home." Of course, they go ballistic, thinking they missed his calls and he's been at the POIs house alone for 4+ hours. This is where I think "the wife," (POI's mom or whoever lives there,) "took off" to check POI's house. But that may not have happened at all ... But somebody will have gone to POI's house, JM isn't there, and family thinks maybe JM panicked at not being able to get ahold of anyone and tried to walk home.

My last thought is about why there may not be an arrest yet. Even if drugs were not involved in JM's death, is it possible that when LE searched POI's house they found drug paraphernalia, and feeling suspicious about the whole situation they arrested POI on "charges unrelated to the dissappearance"? Maybe he's actually in jail so they can safely take their time to "get it right".

Jethro4WS, Traymar, Seattle1 and 9 others like this.