Charley Project

clemett_jonni.jpg
clemett_jonni4.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: May 27, 2001 from Cleveland, Ohio
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date Of Birth: March 21, 1962
• Height and Weight: 5'7 - 5'10, 150 - 200 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Clemett has a tattoo of Chief Wahoo, the logo of the Cleveland Indians baseball team, on one of her ankles. A unicorn is tattooed on one of her shoulder blades. Clemett wears eyeglasses. Some agencies refer to her as Jonni Clemett Perkins.
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A leather Tribe jacket and jeans.
• Medical Conditions: Clemett suffers from pulmonary fibrosis, a life-threatening and incurable lung condition, and is required to take prescription medication to control her symptoms.

Details of Disappearance
Clemett attended the baseball game between the Cleveland Indians and the Detroit Tigers in Cleveland, Ohio on May 27, 2001. She parked her vehicle in the lot of The Little Bar in the 600 block of Frankfort Avenue during the day. Clemett returned to the location after the game ended. She was last seen leaning against her black four-door 2000 Dodge Neon with the Ohio license plate number CQY-5786. A witness told authorities that it appeared as if Clemett was having difficulty breathing at the time. She has never been heard from again and her vehicle has not been located.

Clemett did not take any of her personal belongings or additional clothing with her. Her neighbors reported that she never returned to her residence on Starkweather Avenue in the Tremont neighborhood after the game, and her apartment was found locked and undisturbed. There has not been any activity on Clemett's bank account or credit cards since her disappearance. Clemett had pleaded no contest to driving under the influence and was scheduled to be sentenced on June 16, but she did not anticipate a severe punishment and her loved ones don't believe she would have run away to avoid her legal problems. Her family members stated that it is uncharacteristic of Clemett to leave without warning, and they believe that foul play was involved in her case.

Clemett was employed at Harpo's Sports Bar in Strongsville, Ohio in 2001. She previously managed Jake's in the Marriott Hotel in downtown Cleveland, as well as Shooters In The Flats. She had been peaceably separated from her husband for several years prior to her disappearance. She does not have any children and, although she dated, she did not have a steady boyfriend at the time of her disappearance. Clemett's case remains unsolved.

Search for missing Cleveland woman 16 years later

Little Big Bar is also where Clemett was last seen getting into her car after the game just before 5 p.m.

“She said goodbye, see you later, that was it. Her car was never has found,” says Clemett’s sister, Jackie Clemett.

Still, no sign of Jonni, so Jackie is still relentless in the search, plastering missing person posters all over town and handing them to anyone who will take one, “hoping someone might grown a conscience,” says Clemett.

"I think the police just stopped looking. I don't want to stop. I want her back!" Clemet says.

Family of Cleveland woman missing for 12 years searches for answers - June 2013

Missing: Jonni Clemett Facebook Page

I don't know the area -- how close is this to the lake? She was having trouble breathing, did she have a medical emergency while driving & end up submerged in a large body of water?

Bumping for Jonni, missing 20 years tomorrow. I live near the area and had some conversation with her sister online a couple years ago. She said the river and areas surrounding downtown where she parked were pretty thoroughly searched. There have been no further evidence to narrow down where she could be, no signs of her car so I do tend to think she is no longer with us. Either car-jacked and killed, her car to chop shop, or maybe they missed her car entering another body of water, even Lake Erie at night with no witnesses. At any rate, Cleveland has so many missing people-runaway teens and others- the long-term missing tend to not get publicity. But Jonni remains on the Ohio Attorney General Missing Persons list along with many others, and she'd be turning 59 soon. Pulmonary Fibrosis was lung disease she reportedly had so it's likely, without care, she'd not have survived. Still think her loved ones and friends and acqaintances who knew her deserve answers.

The journey from where she left her car in Clement Avenue to where she loves in Starkweather Avenue is only a 4.7 mile distance or a 10 minute drive. Not far at all.

The only body of water she would have come across in that journey is the Cuyahoga River - the I-490 highway goes over it.

You would think if she had driven off and into the water, other motorists would have seen it, or people close-by may have heard something.....

Attachments

• Image_1622076649.jpg
    Image_1622076649.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 0
  • Image_1622076668.jpg
    Image_1622076668.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 0
The journey from where she left her car in Clement Avenue to where she loves in Starkweather Avenue is only a 4.7 mile distance or a 10 minute drive. Not far at all.

The only body of water she would have come across in that journey is the Cuyahoga River - the I-490 highway goes over it.

You would think if she had driven off and into the water, other motorists would have seen it, or people close-by may have heard something.....

Assume you mean Frankfort Avenue, and yes, but I was thinking if she went for a drive that no one was aware of-still, you're right it's likely someone would've seen the car. I was considering if she was seen at a residence rather than that parking lot (last) there would have been ppl to interview at Starkweather address. I've lost track of her sister and her name or I'd look her up again to consider this. Cleveland police detectives have their hands full so I doubt this case gets any attention now.

The bridge across the highway and river has concrete walls running down the side, so she definitely didn't go over onto the river, as there would have been evidence if it.
No other water on her way home, so unless she did go for a drive to some other place and ended up in the river or lake that way.....
Poor Jonni. 21 years missing, and I think RIP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back