Found Safe OH - Katarina Bitterman, 17, Parma, 4 March 2017 *Arrest*

I would think that she got into a car willingly being it was still daytime and the intersection where the dogs trail stops, looks to be fairly busy. If she would have been forced, I would think somebody would have seen it.

Seems likely. May I also point out it was pretty cold, with the high only reaching 28 degrees fahrenheit. She could've been offered a ride by a "friend" or neighbor and let her warm wishes get the best of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has the witness who spotted her walking eastward been dismissed? I wonder why that's not a part of the last news story.

It was just a neighbor looking out the window. I assume it was just a quick glance, therefore he can't provide too much more information.

I'm also of the belief that she got into a vehicle where the dogs lost her scent.
Hopefully neighbors have security footage that can be shared with law enforcement.

The police have inquired about permits to view any street cameras within the neighborhood, and have also asked residents within the search area if they happen to have cameras running towards the street.

I just can't get over leaving the dogs outside. It seems unnecessary. Most 17 year old girls are more compassionate towards their animals. Now I could see maybe she forgot them outside? My kids have done that once or twice.

The rest of it just scared me. I don't see her on an adventure. I see possible undiagnosed mental issue onset, or something bad happened to her.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

She has no diagnosed mental issues. Yes, she could've forgotten her dogs, but is it really likely she forgot to turn the tv off and forgot her phone too? The odds point to something more here.

This case scares me and I'm not sure what to think of it. I don't think her leaving the phone behind is "strategic". I take walks without my phone fairly frequently around where I live - because I feel SAFE doing so... and I'm 22, and on my phone much of the time. Sometimes it's nice to be disconnected from technology for a bit.

And it seems very unlikely to me she would've ran away after leaving her dogs outside. Judging from what her classmates here are saying about her, she seems like a kind and responsible girl. Leaving her dogs outside says to me that she really thought she would be right back.

The tv as well. It just doesn't add up.

There was new information given to us today that hasn't reached the news yet. If you look on WKYC, there's also an updated story with her parents speaking out. I will wait to be verified before I give the updated information so this doesn't get deleted.

The one thing I can say before verification is that the FBI has joined in on the search.

I reached out to ColdPizza. Not sure how long it takes, but haven't heard anything since last night.

If you would like to add yourself as an expert in a certain field or as an insider to a case, please send an email to wsverify@gmail.com

Please include:

The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name
Location (City and State)
In the subject line please put your user name and which case you are asking to be verified on

All info will be kept strictly confidential.

This so sad. Her parents are devastated. I don't know what to think but if she left voluntarily I hope she knows that her parents said "no questions asked, we just want her home". Many kids would give anything for that kind of parental love. I sure hope that she is okay.

The one thing I can say before verification is that the FBI has joined in on the search.

Awesome! This definitely needs to get out to the MSM asap! This will hopefully generate a buzz and reach a witness or someone with information to come forward.

Is there any reward yet?

As a websleuther, this one hits real close to home (like 3 streets away). I'll have to read up to catch up on the 50+ comments, but I heard the FBI just joined in. Hoping for a safe return for Katarina.

I am not sure what to think.
The fact that the FBI is involved, gives me pause that there's something going on.
where are you Katarina?

Is there something that's not being said here - like her parents recently divorced and she might be trying to get back to the one that doesn't have custody of her, etc?

Also, do you know approximately where she lived on Augustine Drive? Travelling eastward, it dead ends into a place a short distance from a creek/river. It's a long street. If she lived at the very west end, there are several intersections she could have been going to. Is that thing listed as "Cut and Stuff" her actual house? (I do have friends whose house is listed as a restaurant, interestingly, bearing their last name. Totally fictitious).

It looks like she lives all the way to the east of the street, near the cul de sac. If a neighbor saw her walking eastbound, that makes me think she was headed back towards her house from somewhere.

This area looks like suburbia city. I cannot image there are only two witnesses who saw her walking.

She may have left her dogs outside if she knew she wasn't coming back for a while. Strange that this happened as soon as her parents left town.. may be some answers on her cell./ computer. Was she carrying anything when she was seen ? Did she meet someone online ?

I wonder if they have gone thru all electronics yet

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I am happy to hear that the FBI has joined it. Although at the same time it concerns me because that means there is reason for them to join.

I think it's very strange maybe even suspicious that this went down as soon as her parents left to go out of town.

The fact that the TV was left on, dogs outside and cell phone left home really makes me think that she in no way intended to be gone for long. But, why was she walking.

Do we know if she walks around her neighborhood often? Does she drive? Does she have any close friends who live in the same neighborhood? From looking at Google maps there are SO many house in all directions. Someone had to have seen her!

I can get a case map going. However, have we pin pointed her exact home location? I know that information may not want to be listed but it is difficult to get a feel for how far she actually walked if we don't know how close she was to the intersection in which her scent was lost. Also, what intersection was it that her scent vanished?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back