OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 Aug 2011, found deceased in 2013 *arrest in 2023* #5

Five Years After Katelyn Markham Went Missing, Dad Says There's Finally A 'Person Of Interest' In Her Homicide
1 hour ago

Snipped...
...Ever since Katelyn went missing, her fiancé’s statements have come under fire, but he has not explicitly been called a suspect.

Now police say they’ve found a “person of interest,” but they have not revealed who that person might be.

Katelyn’s father is expected to hold a news conference later in the day.

http://www.nx2.com/a/nano/five-year...ly-a-person-of-interest-in-her-homicide-10105

If you go and read Chelsea Johnson's thread, there was a very, very strong POI. Do we think it is the same man? George Davis II

The articles state that they have two separate people of interest (so one for each case). That would mean it's not the same man. The confusion comes from the fact that they released info on both cases at the same time, and some of the wording is wonky.

I certainly hope something comes of this and it's not another false hope.

The articles state that they have two separate people of interest (so one for each case). That would mean it's not the same man. The confusion comes from the fact that they released info on both cases at the same time, and some of the wording is wonky.

I certainly hope something comes of this and it's not another false hope.
That makes sense, because after reviewing some of the old interviews with JC, I was so confused as to how it could NOT be him in Katelyn's murder.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...n-markham-homicide-case-new-podcast/96734292/

Four years after Markham’s skeleton was discovered, much remains unknown: Officials still don’t know how she died or who’s responsible. A private investigator from Florida hopes to find answers by examining Markham’s case in a multi-part podcast called "Gone at 21" available on platforms such as iTunes...

Green said he began working on the case in October 2014 after an “anonymous benefactor” agreed to pay for his services. Green, who wouldn’t disclose the donor, said the man had learned of the case from television but didn’t know Markham personally.

The benefactor’s money has since dried up, Green said, but he’s continued legwork on the case, resulting in “Gone at 21,” which premiered some introductory episodes this month and is expected to launch properly in early February.

I just finished listening to Episode 14 and it is good. A lot of persons beside J. Carter in Katelyn's life that need to be looked at in this case and you learn about them in the podcast. Actually, this is the best podcast about one case (i.e., a serialized podcast) I've listened to so far. I have no idea why there are only 160+ reviews. I like it better than the "Up and Vanished" (Tara Grinstead case) which has over 5K reviews.

I just finished listening to Episode 14 and it is good. A lot of persons beside J. Carter in Katelyn's life that need to be looked at in this case and you learn about them in the podcast. Actually, this is the best podcast about one case (i.e., a serialized podcast) I've listened to so far. I have no idea why there are only 160+ reviews. I like it better than the "Up and Vanished" (Tara Grinstead case) which has over 5K reviews.
I couldn't agree more. I love when new episodes are released and am bummed when it's over and I have to wait.
Every time I think I've made up my mind who was possibly involved and what happened to Katelyn, the PI opens a new rabbit hole or recalls an old one and I'm left thinking again.
It's a complex case with many moving parts and a colorful cast of characters to say the least.
I hope the truth comes out for this girl and her family.

Another podcast I started listening to is Unconcluded. It is about the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Not much here OR in the media after the conclusion of "Gone at 21". There is a documentary, "Taken Too Soon", but I'm having a difficult time trying to find it. One thing I did learn from the "Gone at 21" podcast is that there are more POI's than just John Carter and LE may have missed some opportunities.

I finished “ Gone at 21” with the impression that Katelyn died of an accidental drug overdose and the only issue is who gave her the fatal dose, and who was involved in in the disposal of her body.

The people she was involved with seemed to young people drifting through their twenties with menial jobs and lots of partying. Hard drugs were definitely present and some of her group became seriously addicted.
It is sad that of everyone in her circle of friends an acquaintances, Kaitlyn appeared to the on the verge of going on to having a real Life. She was complete her education and appeared to have talent and ambition the others lacked. One bad “decision” appears to have ended for her.

I’ve never been involved in the Hard Drug scene but I’ve heard “war stories” of those how have and they often involve tales of coldly dumping the bodies of close friends or lovers who have OD’ed. The attitude was “ too bad he/she is dead but no reason for me to go to prison”.

I

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288