OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 Aug 2011, found deceased in 2013 *arrest in 2023* #5

I think someone got away with murder in this case and there wont be any justice for Katelyn.jmo :(

if it truly is his doing, i am amazed he's been able to get away with it this long... he doesnt strike me as the brightest crayon in the box...makes me wonder if there is some angle we are missing... then again no one would have called ariel castro a genuis and he held 3 women captive for a decade so who knows.
Agreed. But assuming for the moment the fiance did it, I believe he did 3 very simple things "right" :

1) He got her to leave with him, then killed her somewhere unknown (say, a vacant lot where they hung out and smoked a bowl), so there was no evidence of violence at her home. He may not even have intended to kill her when they left -- a fight, for example -- so it could be due to mere circumstance instead of his cleverness and planning.

2) He disposed of her body 25 miles away from her home (though, I suspect, less distance than that from the kill site), and he did so in a well-hidden area across state lines. But I don't know how much planning went into that, either. He may have freaked out and just started driving wildly into the country (subconsciously choosing a route he knew), then gradually became aware of where he was, then remembered, "Wait... there's a garbage dump by a creek near here..."

3) He took her phone, went to a friend's house where he could be seen by multiple people, and texted himself as "Katelyn" for a while after being there; then he destroyed her phone. Simple -- no particular cleverness necessary.

In his mind, he probably thought he created a great alibi by texting himself while visible at a party. He didn't. That's something many other killers have done to cover their tracks, and LE knows that. Pings may be illuminating, too. In short, all he did was narrow the window of opportunity, but he still had hours in which to accomplish everything; he wouldn't even have needed an accomplice.

Criminals always make mistakes. His inconsistent and ridiculous stories don't help him, and neither does the fact that her remains were found next to a country road just 1.3 miles south of the rural route he and his family take to visit their Indiana property. He probably made other mistakes which police know about and we don't.

I have read that most killers rarely drive for more than 30 miles with a murder victim in the car, even if they have a hiding place in mind. They can't stand up against the increasing psychological stress of being in the car with a dead body, plus the anxiety of being pulled over or getting into a wreck, so they just stop and dispose at another location. So I wouldn't be surprised if he meant to take her body closer to his family's rural property, maybe with a familiar-to-him secluded destination in mind, but lost his nerve and stopped about halfway there, leaving her in the dump instead.

When a couple is staying inside watching tv that's an easy way to brush off any attention. Unless a neighbor saw them come or go, who can really vouch for that?
Actually, the next door neighbor came home that night, left again, then returned home again all within the 3-hour time period JC says he was visiting Katelyn. In direct contradiction of JC's account, the neighbor did not see JC's car there at any of those times.

That parking lot is very small, with cars in close proximity to the building and to each other. JC's car (or absence thereof) is absolutely something the neighbor would have seen.

I was just thinking of Katelyn. I was hoping for some new news. It is no coincidence where her body was found.

I am still really glad they found her. Always the right step. Now time for Justice! Come on LE!!

I was just thinking of Katelyn. I was hoping for some new news. It is no coincidence where her body was found.

I am still really glad they found her. Always the right step. Now time for Justice! Come on LE!!

I agree. Absolutely not a coincidence. Katelyn is always popping up in my mind.

They haven't made an arrest yet in that other girls murder have they? I forgot her name. She was murdered a couple of blocks from Katelyn's.

Just making it apparent: another friend/associate of the circle of friends associated with the case had a missing persons report filed on them yesterday(or the day before). Don't know if this could be linked to Katelyn: however, the person that was reported missing is in that circle of friends. Even if she is loosely linked (IMO). She was good friends with KS from my understanding. Excuse me if I'm inappropriate in my wording, for I have not posted here in a while with a sensitive update. However, I do believe this is something to keep an eye on during the case until the matter is solved.

Just making it apparent: another friend/associate of the circle of friends associated with the case had a missing persons report filed on them yesterday(or the day before). Don't know if this could be linked to Katelyn: however, the person that was reported missing is in that circle of friends. Even if she is loosely linked (IMO). She was good friends with KS from my understanding. Excuse me if I'm inappropriate in my wording, for I have not posted here in a while with a sensitive update. However, I do believe this is something to keep an eye on during the case until the matter is solved.

Does this other friend have a thread set up for her?

Does this other friend have a thread set up for her?
It hasn't even reach news as far as I'm aware, and the source is known for being shady. I'll keep my eyes open to the situation as it unfolds, not sure if I'm allowed to at the moment due to board rules. Just cant shake the close connections around three cases and the erie feelings it gives me.

It hasn't even reach news as far as I'm aware, and the source is known for being shady. I'll keep my eyes open to the situation as it unfolds, not sure if I'm allowed to at the moment due to board rules. Just cant shake the close connections around three cases and the erie feelings it gives me.

Bumping - very interesting! I'm intrigued.

They haven't made an arrest yet in that other girls murder have they? I forgot her name. She was murdered a couple of blocks from Katelyn's.

Chelsea Johnson. A POI was mentioned in msm, but I cannot find anything regarding an arrest for murder.

Police have interviewed George Davis II after he admitted texting Johnson and offering her heroin in exchange for sex. He has never been named as a suspect in the case.

Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news...elsea-Johnson-s-murder/19741226#ixzz2tglcgnWU

He was arrested for the drug charges.
http://www.whio.com//news/news/local/man-arrested-connection-teen-homicide/nPPQp/

I am from Fairfield, but moved to Colorado several years ago. I still have friends there. I frequently ask them about the 3 murders and it seems to me that I am way more alarmed and interested than they are! When I lived there it was a safe and family-oriented town where murder was not something you would expect to happen. Where is the public outcry for arrests? Where is the fear of murderers going free? And where is the call for justice for Katelyn? My friends are responsible, caring people, but I am astonished at their lack of interest in this case.

In the case of Julian Slaven - 6 people were involved in his murder --- the girls involved were considered his friends, they went to school together and had for years!!!

It took only one participant to come forward and provide the details --- he was not charged in Julian's cold blooded murder over drugs/money.

http://m.wlwt.com/news/6th-participant-described-Slaven-slaying-to-police/17997832

Perhaps more than one somebody knows exactly what happened to Katelyn...perhaps the silence of Katelyn's peeps is a sign they know the details.

Why isn't anyone losing sleep!?!? Why so silent!?!? Maybe they weren't Katelyn's friends at all !!!

S P E A K - U P !!!

Where is the J U S T I C E for Miss Markham? Katelyn didn't deserve a D E A T H sentence !!! Katelyn was really going to be somebody !!! The same cannot be said for those responsible --- they aren't worthy of freedom.

:justice:

I rarely post here, mostly read. This was the first case I ever read about here, and followed it from the beginning. Randomly on my mind today. I figured the facebook page would update if anything new transpired, but it's still sad to see that this one is cooling off. I would be amazed if it weren't the person everyone's thinking of . . .

It's so sad to see this becoming a cold case. I hope the investigation is still active and they're close to an arrest. Katelyn's murder has really touched me, perhaps because I'm a native of the Cincinnati area, and worked near Fairfield for a while. So, I don't understand locals not taking more interest in the case, either.

It is also interesting that one of Katelyn's friends disappeared briefly and then reappeared. That, along with the deafening silence, makes me wonder if some in Katelyn's inner circle of friends have information that could break this case, but are fearful of the person responsible... Maybe not only fearful of him, but also of his close friends who could also be withholding info.

Anyone with info on Katelyn's murder, or anything that happened leading up to her murder, please contact authorities ASAP!!!! Your testimony will help put the perp -- plus any associates -- behind bars where they cannot hurt you nor anyone else again!

It's so sad to see this becoming a cold case. I hope the investigation is still active and they're close to an arrest. Katelyn's murder has really touched me, perhaps because I'm a native of the Cincinnati area, and worked near Fairfield for a while. So, I don't understand locals not taking more interest in the case, either.

It is also interesting that one of Katelyn's friends disappeared briefly and then reappeared. That, along with the deafening silence, makes me wonder if some in Katelyn's inner circle of friends have information that could break this case, but are fearful of the person responsible... Maybe not only fearful of him, but also of his close friends who could also be withholding info.

Anyone with info on Katelyn's murder, or anything that happened leading up to her murder, please contact authorities ASAP!!!! Your testimony will help put the perp -- plus any associates -- behind bars where they cannot hurt you nor anyone else again!

Great post Indy Anna! Definitely worth bumpin'! Katelyn, you're not forgotten!

Anyone with any information regarding her death is urged to call the Indiana State Police at 812-689-5000, Fairfield Police at 513-867-6094, or Crime Stoppers at 888-352-3040 or 513-352-3040. Make the call!!!

Could be a new lead.

http://www.journal-news.com/news/news/fairfield-police-investigating-new-tip-in-katelyn-/nfTZm/

“We have interviewed a large number of people and followed up on a great number of leads with no results,” said Fairfield Police Chief Michael Dickey.

But in the past 30 days, Fairfield police have received a new tip from a “validated source” that is worthy of follow up, the chief said.

“There’s good sourcing to it,” Dickey said of the new information. “We just don’t know yet if it will pan out.”

Could be a new lead.

http://www.journal-news.com/news/news/fairfield-police-investigating-new-tip-in-katelyn-/nfTZm/

“We have interviewed a large number of people and followed up on a great number of leads with no results,” said Fairfield Police Chief Michael Dickey.

But in the past 30 days, Fairfield police have received a new tip from a “validated source” that is worthy of follow up, the chief said.

“There’s good sourcing to it,” Dickey said of the new information. “We just don’t know yet if it will pan out.”
I think if LE keeps questioning the same people over and over, some of the stories are going to change. Then alibis will start to crumble.

IDK.... maybe it will take someone in a little group of friends getting arrested on an unrelated charge. People will talk if there's the possibility of a plea deal on the table. Often, they start talking to cellmates, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back