OH - Kaylee Schnurr, 18 mos, raped & murdered, Cincinnati, 20 July 2005

Carovillano made the 911 call with a woman sobbing in the background:

Carovillano: "She has bruises all over her."

Operator: "How do you think that happened?"

Carovillano: "I don't know."
http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4759730/detail.html

An 18-month-old girl allegedly raped by her mother's boyfriend is now dead.

Matthew Carovillano, 19, admitted to police Friday that he raped and beat Kaylee Schnurr at her home at 1908 Knollridge Lane in North College Hill on Wednesday.

Police say the toddler died as a result of her injuries around 2:45 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
North College Hill police say the felony charges he faces -- rape, felonious assault and child endangerment -- are already being amended.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/07/23/child_rape_fatal.html

For Kaylee with all my heart! I am so sorry this happened to you. I wish for you a speedy entrance into the house of our Lord with angel's whisking you all along the way. Please help watch over other babies and tell Conner hello!

columbine_drips_md_wht.gif
Tears for the flowers you never had the time to recieve in life
dove.bmp
Your soul is now free.

I worked 11 hours today and had this child on my mind all day. Now i come home and read she didn't make it. How dare that animal touch this precious child. I will now pray he succeeds in his lastest endeavers.

Beyond Belief said:
I worked 11 hours today and had this child on my mind all day. Now i come home and read she didn't make it. How dare that animal touch this precious child. I will now pray he succeeds in his lastest endeavers.
His butt needs to be off the face of this earth. Ya know, I really don't care what his urges were. I just don't need to hear that some jury somwhere finds anything worth saving.

concernedperson said:
His butt needs to be off the face of this earth. Ya know, I really don't care what his urges were. I just don't need to hear that some jury somwhere finds anything worth saving.
Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll get the job of hanging himself done.

This is just heartbreaking to read and will cause me a sleepless night. I haven't seen her picture, but I can just imagine what a little doll she must have been. That's such an adorable age and is suppose to be an age of innocence, not fighting off a monster trying to do hurtful things to you. As far as I'm concerned, break off a large branch from a tree and shove it up Matthew's "you know what". I'm all for an eye for an eye, especially when our children are being abused.

kahskye said:
As far as I'm concerned, break off a large branch from a tree and shove it up Matthew's "you know what". I'm all for an eye for an eye, especially when our children are being abused.

I agree.

The poor mother was just doing the laundry. He did all that horror is such a short time. :furious:

That poor darling baby.

I am so sorry sweet baby that this happened to you...... Man the things I would do to this man if LE would give me just 5 minutes...sickening

ewwwinteresting said:
Family Reacts To Toddler's Rape And Death

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/07/24/child_rape_family.html

I can't even imagine the mother's guilt of bringing this "animal" into their lives. I hope she had no idea what he was like!

There are pictures of Kaylee at this site. She is an adorable baby, with the little round toddler face, and a shy smile, her hair up in pigtails. From the link:

Police say he also admitted to sexually abusing her before.

Gail and Pfaffinger say Carovillano had been dating Kaylee's mom for two months.

They say they saw no sign of any abuse and had no reason to suspect a thing.

"I mean he wiped her face when it was dirty and looked after her, helped Mary Grace with her," said one family member.

Little Kaylee's young cousins say they want to do something to help, so they've started a lemonade stand to raise money for her funeral.

Their stand will be located at 3561 Locust Lane in Green Township after 4:30 p.m. every afternoon this coming week.

They've already raised $56 for their cousin's funeral costs.

Kaylee's mother is just 20-years-old and has no money for burial expenses.

Kaylee was her only child.

I just had to add that time after time, I'm reading on this forum about single moms meeting and letting their new boyfriend babysit or move in within months of meeting. These moms need to wake up!!!!! Their child needs to be their first priority! I just get sick to my stomach at what this idiot did to this precious little girl.

kahskye said:
I just had to add that time after time, I'm reading on this forum about single moms meeting and letting their new boyfriend babysit or move in within months of meeting. These moms need to wake up!!!!! Their child needs to be their first priority! I just get sick to my stomach at what this idiot did to this precious little girl.

AMEN!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

lets give the mom the benefit of the doubt and not bash her, her babygirl is not even buried yet :(

I agree education is the key, but even the smartest woman can fall for the wrong guy. You can't trust anyone with your kids. :furious:

God Bless Kaylee, I was hoping she would pull through, can you imagine the injuries she sustained to her little body?

Casshew said:
lets give the mom the benefit of the doubt and not bash her, her babygirl is not even buried yet :(

I agree education is the key, but even the smartest woman can fall for the wrong guy. You can't trust anyone with your kids. :furious:

God Bless Kaylee, I was hoping she would pull through, can you imagine the injuries she sustained to her little body?

Casshew, mothers too many times put their children into these situations. I don't think anyone was "bashing" the mother in this case, per se, but let's be realistic. If these guys weren't given cart-blanche to these kids, a good many of these tragedies could have been prevented.

Of course any woman can fall for the wrong guy, but only knowing a man for weeks/months and allowing him to be alone with her children (Much less moving IN with them) is just NUTS! Any guy can put on an act for a few months.

These mothers are desperate because they need financial help and tend to overlook an awful lot, if you ask me.

jeana, I agree with you, I just didn't want to see the thread go down that road.. I am sure they are 'interviewing' the mother especially in light that the girl has been sexually abused before. The mother is a victim too. (for now)

Casshew said:
jeana, I agree with you, I just didn't want to see the thread go down that road.. I am sure they are 'interviewing' the mother especially in light that the girl has been sexually abused before. The mother is a victim too. (for now)

Agreed.

Jeana (DP) said:
Casshew, mothers too many times put their children into these situations. I don't think anyone was "bashing" the mother in this case, per se, but let's be realistic. If these guys weren't given cart-blanche to these kids, a good many of these tragedies could have been prevented.

Of course any woman can fall for the wrong guy, but only knowing a man for weeks/months and allowing him to be alone with her children (Much less moving IN with them) is just NUTS! Any guy can put on an act for a few months.

These mothers are desperate because they need financial help and tend to overlook an awful lot, if you ask me.

That is pretty much it in a nutshell. They need financial help...no food in the house and no money to buy it. They use the age old, men can provide better than me carp. I heard Geoff Fieger say something on CC" Show regarding social services being a less costly but more effective method than the prosecutor's office.Particulary in the effort of young children who have criminal behavior. Could this criminal behavior have something to do with living situations where they hear their mom's talk about no child support and no money and no where to go? I don't know, just throwing a few things out there.

I just believe some of the answers are very early in the game. Stopping the cycle of abuse is number one. Providing the education about all these personality disorders not just getting computer skills so you can get a job. What good does the job do if you are minimum wage and can't provide for your family? So you hook up with anyone that can provide the daily bread and this person is a hidden sexual offender, sociopath, APD, etc. Yes, I want these moms to be more responsible but I also want them to have more skills.

And, don't think I don't want these offenders in prison.....I do with all my heart and forever.

concernedperson said:
That is pretty much it in a nutshell. They need financial help...no food in the house and no money to buy it. They use the age old, men can provide better than me carp. I heard Geoff Fieger say something on CC" Show regarding social services being a less costly but more effective method than the prosecutor's office.Particulary in the effort of young children who have criminal behavior. Could this criminal behavior have something to do with living situations where they hear their mom's talk about no child support and no money and no where to go? I don't know, just throwing a few things out there.

I just believe some of the answers are very early in the game. Stopping the cycle of abuse is number one. Providing the education about all these personality disorders not just getting computer skills so you can get a job. What good does the job do if you are minimum wage and can't provide for your family? So you hook up with anyone that can provide the daily bread and this person is a hidden sexual offender, sociopath, APD, etc. Yes, I want these moms to be more responsible but I also want them to have more skills.

And, don't think I don't want these offenders in prison.....I do with all my heart and forever.
This mama was 20 years old and had a 18 month old baby so she probably was only 18 when Kaylee was born. Most likely didn't have much of an education or skill to support herself, much less a child. An unselfish adoption decision would have been a better choice here, but since that wasn't done, I believe the mom became a victim too.

Mom didn't leave the baby in the house with the BF, at least this time. She was downstairs doing laundry.
At this mother's age, I think it was about "love" and companionship. That is a normal human need. It is easy to believe that she should have known better- but at this age they have the need- but lack the judgement.
And don't forget, many times these guys have excellent manipulative skills. Convincing the young woman of his "love" and "need" of her has probably been a major occupation of his since they met. I even saw a comment from one of the aunts, that they thought he was very caring of the child and saw nothing wrong.
I have come across guys like him before. I truly believe that they get so caught up in their own fantasies "perfect girl, perfect family, perfect life" that they truly believe it. However, once the newness wears off, or the reality begins to show- then their needs take priority and they lack the impulse control to stop.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back