OH - Kaylee Schnurr, 18 mos, raped & murdered, Cincinnati, 20 July 2005

A Green Township mother is trying to preserve her daughter's legacy after she was brutally raped and murdered.

Marigrace Schnurr wants to get a new law passed that would put child molesters and killers behind bars longer.

Schnurr and her friends have already collected 600 signatures.

Their goal is to get as many as they can to take to Columbus by the first week of September as legislatures meet to discuss this issue.

They're hoping it will be called "Kaylee's Law". http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/08/02/kaylee_law.html

mysteriew said:
The man charged with the rape and murder of a North College Hill toddler is behind bars on a $1.6 million cash bond.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/08/02/toddler.html

I can track down some HELLS ANGELS who would LUV to offer his 1.6 million bond for them to turn him over to them. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Mind you, this POOR GUY would never see a court date. :p :dance:

First I would like to say thank you to all the prayers and consolences that I have read on this board. There are alot of people in this world that the story of little Kaylee has touched.
Second I would like to comment on the remarks about my cousin Marigrace. Yes she was a young mother but being young does not in any way mean that the best possible thing for you to do is give up your child. Marigrace was a great mother. She took care of that baby from day one because the father was not around enough to help her. She had the help of her great mother who watched Kaylee daily so Marigrace could provide for her child. Marigrace lost her job and insurance and was in process of getting back on her feet when this tragedy occured. Michael was the charmer. Never showed anyone in the family his evil side. True that Marigrace should not have had him around little Kaylee but like others have said what should she do wait until Kaylee was older to be able to date someone? Like some of you have questioned why was he in her home with Kaylee. They were at his home, visiting, she did not live there. So she was not one of "Those" mothers mentioned that just let anyone around her baby! Kaylee was strangeled and raped. Her cries were muffled until the end of the ordeal and that is when Marigrace heard little Kaylee. Yes she was doing laundry and no she did not think that a monster was upstairs hurting her baby. Honestly the harsh words about Marigrace are appauling. She has lost her child and has been cleared of ANY wrong doing. There is NO effidence that Kaylee was molested prior to July 20th. As far as the phone calls being accepted. There was one and she wanted to tell the SOB what he has done to her life and all he could do was tell her he was going to get her and make her pay. I think she has paid the ultimate price. Her beautiful little girl is gone. NO MOTHER DESERVES THIS!! Reguardless of her upbringing or her age of having a child. The little *advertiser censored* who hurt Kaylee is on suicide watch and I can't wait for him to be off. Because then they will put him in the public prison area and all the men will do to him what he did to little Kaylee. I do not want him to commit suicide because then he got off easy. Let's pray he does not take his own life. He is already going to hell. The men in prison can show that to him before the law puts him there! God bless you Kaylee girl. You are always in our hearts. :(

Melissa Marshall said:
First I would like to say thank you to all the prayers and consolences that I have read on this board. There are alot of people in this world that the story of little Kaylee has touched.
Second I would like to comment on the remarks about my cousin Marigrace. Yes she was a young mother but being young does not in any way mean that the best possible thing for you to do is give up your child. Marigrace was a great mother. She took care of that baby from day one because the father was not around enough to help her. She had the help of her great mother who watched Kaylee daily so Marigrace could provide for her child. Marigrace lost her job and insurance and was in process of getting back on her feet when this tragedy occured. Michael was the charmer. Never showed anyone in the family his evil side. True that Marigrace should not have had him around little Kaylee but like others have said what should she do wait until Kaylee was older to be able to date someone? Like some of you have questioned why was he in her home with Kaylee. They were at his home, visiting, she did not live there. So she was not one of "Those" mothers mentioned that just let anyone around her baby! Kaylee was strangeled and raped. Her cries were muffled until the end of the ordeal and that is when Marigrace heard little Kaylee. Yes she was doing laundry and no she did not think that a monster was upstairs hurting her baby. Honestly the harsh words about Marigrace are appauling. She has lost her child and has been cleared of ANY wrong doing. There is NO effidence that Kaylee was molested prior to July 20th. As far as the phone calls being accepted. There was one and she wanted to tell the SOB what he has done to her life and all he could do was tell her he was going to get her and make her pay. I think she has paid the ultimate price. Her beautiful little girl is gone. NO MOTHER DESERVES THIS!! Reguardless of her upbringing or her age of having a child. The little *advertiser censored* who hurt Kaylee is on suicide watch and I can't wait for him to be off. Because then they will put him in the public prison area and all the men will do to him what he did to little Kaylee. I do not want him to commit suicide because then he got off easy. Let's pray he does not take his own life. He is already going to hell. The men in prison can show that to him before the law puts him there! God bless you Kaylee girl. You are always in our hearts. :(
I agree with your statement that NO MOTHER DESERVES THIS. My condolenses go out to your entire family. I am sure that Marigrace was horrified when she realized what had happened to Kaylee. That man is pure evil and should rot in hell for all eternity. This crime truly turned my stomach. My best wishes to all of you.

Melissa Marshall said:

Please accept my condolences for your entire family. Doing laundry does NOT qualify as an unfit or uncaring mother. I share your horror with this crime and do hope after he is put to death on earth he burns in eternity. This is one of the most horrifying crimes I have ever heard of and the one to blame is the sex offender that did this to Kaylee.My mind can't get around this and my heart is aggrieved.

Melissa Marshall said:

Melissa M. Thank you for posting. No one here means to hurt your cousin. You have an advantage over us in that you know your cousin and we do not. And unfortunately we read too much about what too many other parents have done to/allowed to be done to their child. So when a tragic event occurs- sometimes hurtful questions and comments arise. Thank you for your defense of your cousin.
I live in the general area, and never did I hear one bad word about Marrigrace. Nothing except how loving and caring a mother she was. And how supportive her family is being. Marrigrace didn't do anything wrong. The f'ing astard who hurt little Kaylee did!
Please express my sympathies to Marrigrace. She is so young, and to lose a child is something that no parent of any age should have to endur. I don't blame her for taking his first call. I probably would have too! He had a lot of nerve to call her in the first place. But at least it gave her the chance to tell him how she felt!
Marrigrace has a lot to go through in the next year. Not only is she coping with the grief, she will also have to get through the trial. I am glad she has such a caring and supportive family. That will be a big help, to have people to cry with her, and vent with her. She will be having a lot of bewildering emotions for the next few months and will often feel that she cannot cope with anymore. It will be very difficult, and she will be a changed person, but she can cope with it, with help. There are a couple of support groups in the Cincy area where there are other people who have gone through some similiar things. I was helped by one of them briefly, and can attest to how helpful they were in helping me to understand my feelings and in understanding that there is hope for the future, even though it didn't feel that way at the time. The big thing they helped me to understand is that people grieve in different ways, and that they can be guided, but have to find their own ways to live with the tragedy.
I would be glad to give you the names and help you to find the phone numbers, just PM me. (click on my nicname at the top of this post and choose send a private message).
Again, please offer not only Marrigrace but your whole family my condolences.
You will live though this, you will never forget this, you will always remember Kaylee, but it will be hard.

I only have one thing to say about his...

The death penalty is too good for these people.

fransch said:
I only have one thing to say about his...

The death penalty is too good for these people.

Amen!

Call me stupid but if we all could pick these predators no child would be harmed! The age of this young guy makes it all worse,who would think a 19yr old boy would do such a thing. My daughter was with a guy she grew up with we all really liked him and had known him since he was a child, one night shortly after she had a baby girl to him she woke up to hear the baby scream ,and as every mother knows some screams are quite different (I think thats what this mum may have heard from downstairs) she dived up and he was changing the babies nappy when questioned he was calm and said I am not sure why she is screaming ect.... My daughter said to me you know I think he may have smacked her I am like "Shes 2weeks old dont be silly!!" then we noticed a bruise on her leg and that raised the red flag within days he was caught out!! he was hitting the baby !! His mother said it was my daughters fault that she nagged him.........He went to the doctors who put him on medication,but was never trusted again or left with the child alone.

They ended up splitting up because he started hitting my daughter ,yet heres the funny bit ,she had a toddler prior to getting into a realtionship with him and he never touched her little boy!!! Amazing !only his own baby .
The scary thing is we heard he has just had another baby to someone else as he lives interstate, He was about 19 yrs old when he last had a baby to smack that was 6years ago I am hoping he has grown up! But the point I am making is that sometimes you can know them a very longtime and still cant be 100% sure they wont do this type of thing!

I have started a memorial site for my baby cousing Kaylee Schnurr who was raped and beaten to death by my cousin's boyfriend. I appreciate all of the kind words from those of you on this board and wanted to share her site with you. It is a work in progress. Please light a candle for her or share your condolenses. Bless you all.
http://kaylee-schnurr.memory-of.com
Also please visit
http://petitiononline.com/07232005/petition.html
This is a petition to get harsher punishment for sexual preditors and killers.

Kaylee was beautiful! I know all of your hearts must be breaking. That is a beautiful tribute to her. A child is one of the most precious things on this earth and it is beyond belief that someone could take the life of this precious one in such a way.

What a sweet little face :)

Thank you for sharing the link to your tribute site, Melissa :blowkiss:

Melissa Marshall said:
I have started a memorial site for my baby cousing Kaylee Schnurr who was raped and beaten to death by my cousin's boyfriend. I appreciate all of the kind words from those of you on this board and wanted to share her site with you. It is a work in progress. Please light a candle for her or share your condolenses. Bless you all.
Also please visit
Melissa , bless your soul. Earlier today I visited the site and started to read it. I would be honored to add a tribute too. I'm on my way out.

What a little doll Kaylee was. This is so sad. I'm glad to see you hear on WS. I will be light a candle (that goes without asking). The petition is one that will be signed too. You and yours have been through so much, May happiness be your friend down the road with all the suffering yours have endured.

Thank you for sharing this henious story.

Anything I can do to help will be my pleasure. I am only one person, but I see you have the support of wonderful people here too. I read your post on the other thread too, and I agree. (one strike they are out)

With love and care.

When I get home, I will read the whole site- It is in my favorite and post my tribute.

Welcome again. I am a new member but I am so touched and also angry.

Love G.

Melissa Marshall said:
Also please visit
Melissa , bless your soul. Earlier today I visited the site and started to read it. I would be honored to add a tribute too. I'm on my way out.

What a little doll Kaylee was. This is so sad. I'm glad to see you here on WS. I will light a candle, (that goes without asking). The petition is one that will be signed too. You and yours have been through so much, May happiness be your friend down the road with all the suffering yours have endured.

Thank you for sharing this henious story.

Anything I can do to help will be my pleasure. I am only one person, but I see you have the support of wonderful people here too. I read your post on the other thread too, and I agree. (one strike they are out)

With love and care.

When I get home, I will read the whole site- It is in my favorites and I'll be sure to post my tribute.

Welcome again. I am a new member but I am so touched, and angry by what I have read. I'm sorry. Words cannot fully express what I feel.

Love G.

Mr. Texana thinks that public lynchings would be more of a deterrent than anything else, for these SOBs.

I haven't come up with an answer for him yet, because I'm afraid that he might be right.

Fear is a great motivator, and these criminals seem to be afraid of nothing.

Texana said:
Mr. Texana thinks that public lynchings would be more of a deterrent than anything else, for these SOBs.

I haven't come up with an answer for him yet, because I'm afraid that he might be right.

Fear is a great motivator, and these criminals seem to be afraid of nothing.
Public lynching would ofcourse be counterproductive. Who is gonna watch those lynches if they are public? Also, lynching is done by civilians, which isn't a good idea either.

Just make them, disappear :)

Melissa Marshall said:
Also please visit

Kaylee was beautiful Melissa. :angel: Bless her soul. You, Kaylee, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope the monster that did this to this sweet angel pays dearly for the rest of his miserable life. :furious:

What a beautiful tribute site, Melissa, I'm so sorry there's a need for one. Blessings to your family!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back