OH - Kaylee Schnurr, 18 mos, raped & murdered, Cincinnati, 20 July 2005

mysteriew said:
A murder trial has been delayed after an additional rape charge was added to the suspect's list of alleged crimes.

The trial is delayed so attorneys can deal with the additional charge.

If Carovillano is found guilty, he could face death.
http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/5839929/detail.html
I wonder who else he raped? This poor baby and her family. She's so adorable, I hope he fries.

poco said:
I don't see how something like this can be stopped. As long as there are people on this earth, there will be crueltry, hatred, etc. IMO, you make the crime fit the punishment. I think if you knew for certain that if you got caught stealing, you would get your hand chopped off, I think it would really deter thievery.

When the criminal has as much, if not more, rights than the victim, there is a real problem!!!

I'm just really angry right now with this thread.....
Well, getting your hand chopped off doesn't seem to truly deter thievery etc in the countries that do that crap. The thieves simply get better at it so they don't get caught. And there are numerous reasons for stealing--such as starving or trying to feed your family. People who are truly sociopathic and commit these types of crimes don't take the consequences of their actions into their mind when they act because it's a completely alien for them to do that, no matter what. They're like dogs. They live in the Now, and lack any ability to extrapolate what their actions will mean to others, or empathize with those "others" if if they could. The only thing that will (momentarily) deter them is the fear of being caught AT THAT EXACT MOMENT IN TIME.

Amraann said:
I am not saying this directly about this mother but all parents in general.

Married/Single or otherwise... If you do not have a safe environment to bring a child into this world then you should not have one.
I am tired of hearing "You can't watch them all of the time"
Or how parents should not have to give up their "lives" to have a child.
Yes, IMO they should have to.
If it means no more dating or dinners out then so be it.
Having a child is the most life altering experience and it adds a new dimension to the word "responsibility"
If it means you drive an old car and have old furniture and live on one income then that is what you do.
I know that many say that anything can happen .. and I agree but I also think that making choices about your child's safety can go a looong way even if those choices are limitting the parents social life.
Again this is not a bash on single parents ... Plenty of married couples are lousy parents too.
I would not leave any child in a room with someone I do not know or only knew for a couple of months.
The 30 minute sceanario doesn't sit well with me but after what this mother has been through I am not inclined to say anything negative about her without further evidence.

In a nut shell, having children means you sacrafice for their well being. Their wants and needs and safety come first. If that means you don't date until the child is 18 then Oh well...
If that is intolerable then possibly the parent should have thought of that before throwing their legs up in the air or work real hard on finding a solution that doesn't sacrafice their childs safety yet permits them some adult time.
You are completely right. The problem is selfish women want it ALL. And the little ones pay the price.
This will NEVER change and you will continue to read about these awful things because too many women are more concerned about having someone to sleep with than they do their children. These same women that let these creeps watch their precious children wouldn't trust the same guy with a $100 bill...or their car....or their best friend. These women know these guys are creeps....there has GOT to be warning signs...not to mention a woman's intuition....they simply don't care and put their own wants first. This happens WAY to often for it to just be an accident.

These things happen and the women just "plead ignorance".

I remember when I first started driving...there was an old saying "ignorance of the law is NO excuse"....the same thing applies here....as a mother it is YOUR responsibility to MAKE SURE your child is safe.

I don't see this changing anytime soon.:banghead:

Sherry67 said:
These same women that let these creeps watch their precious children wouldn't trust the same guy with a $100 bill...or their car....or their best friend.

That is true in many cases. This particular mother ran downstairs to work on a load of laundry. She didn't leave the child, she ran downstairs.

mssheila said:
I wonder who else he raped? This poor baby and her family. She's so adorable, I hope he fries.
But if he doesn't fry...I hear they don't last very long in prison....they are considered the worst of the worst by other inmates.

interesting that even other inmates won't tolerated baby raping.:waitasec:

Three judges decided Wednesday that Matthew Carovillano's childhood - one marred by drug-addicted parents and bullying classmates - meant he shouldn't die for killing a toddler.

The judges instead sentenced the 20-year-old North College Hill man to spend life in prison with no parole.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060727/NEWS01/607270356/1056

This stinks!!!! He should have gotten the DP!!!!
He raped this baby. Then a week later he raped her again, that time he punched her for crying. She lay in a coma for a week, then died. And after her death, Carovillano called her mother's house from jail!!!!
I am hearing on the media that he was convicted of the other rape charge and that he also got a life sentence for that.

mysteriew said:
Three judges decided Wednesday that Matthew Carovillano's childhood - one marred by drug-addicted parents and bullying classmates - meant he shouldn't die for killing a toddler.

The judges instead sentenced the 20-year-old North College Hill man to spend life in prison with no parole.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060727/NEWS01/607270356/1056

This stinks!!!! He should have gotten the DP!!!!
He raped this baby. Then a week later he raped her again, that time he punched her for crying. She lay in a coma for a week, then died. And after her death, Carovillano called her mother's house from jail!!!!
I am hearing on the media that he was convicted of the other rape charge and that he also got a life sentence for that.
This makes me sick! I'm so sick of hearing why they crazed people do these things (one marred by drug-addicted parents and bullying classmates).

Give me a break, how many thousands of others had the same type of childhood:mad:

It is something about children not being given the same status as adults. Like chattel or pets. I am not sure but I believe it has to change...the sooner the better.The judges lately are more apprised like we are of the behaviors and expected consequences. With more education and chain pulling it can be done. We have to keep trying.

kaelee2 said:
Instead of committing suicide or receiving the death penality, I would prefer that he get a little jailhouse justice. Maybe holding him down, beating and raping him would suffice! I doubt he lasts long in jail!

I think that is wishful thinking. The justice handed out in prisons is commiserate with the same scum that is inhabiting. They don't need us or any excuse to continue with their aberrant personalities.

The children who are the ultimate victims when they are released is or should be our concern.

STATE OF OHIO,
Plaintiff-Appellee,
vs.
MATTHEW RONALD CAROVILLANO,
Defendant-Appellant.

Criminal Appeal From: Hamilton County Common Pleas Court
Judgment Appealed From Is: Affirmed
Date of Judgment Entry on Appeal: October 12, 2007

snip

{¶14} A grand jury indicted Carovillano for rape1 (Count I), aggravated murder after committing or attempting to commit rape2 (Count II), aggravated murder of a child under 133 (Count III), murder4 (Count IV), and endangering children5 (Count V) for the events alleged to have occurred on July 20. A three-judge panel found Carovillano guilty of Counts III, IV, and V, but he was acquitted of Counts I and II because the state was unable to show beyond a reasonable doubt that Carovillano had raped Kaylee on July 20, 2005. Carovillano was sentenced to life in the department of corrections without the possibility of parole.

{¶15} In December 2005, Carovillano, in a separate case, was indicted for rape in connection with his confession to having penetrating Kaylee with his finger about a week before July 20. He pleaded no contest, was found guilty by the court, and was sentenced to a consecutive life term in the department of corrections.

Appeal at link:
http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/rod/docs/pdf/1/2007/2007-Ohio-5459.pdf

===========================================

Matthew Ronald Carovillano

Housed: Mansfield Correctional Institution
Sentence Date: 08/04/2006

Offense: Murder
Offense: 2nd Degree Child Endangering
Offense: 1st Degree Rape
Offense: Aggravated Murder
Sentence: LWOP

Staff online