OH - Kyle Plush, 16, Cincinnati OH Trapped in van, deceased

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by dixiegirl1035, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Tssiemer

Tssiemer Well-Known Member

2. Tssiemer

3. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

Whenever I see Kyle’s name I get an awful feeling of sadness thinking back to how he died a slow, horrible death. And I remember how he told the 911 operator to tell his mom he loved her. What an amazing son. RIP Kyle.

4. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

5. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

I tried but I can’t copy it either. Nor can I even read the dang thing.

dixiegirl1035 and GarAndTeed like this.
  6. dixiegirl1035

Okay, back to old school and I will do screenshots. What was new to me was that the operator inappropriately engaged the call device for TTY for a deaf caller, which muted her voice and reduce the volume of him.

And also she did not replay the call which she could not hear at the time, which in it he had said the make model and location of the car .

Just so tragic.

What I am trying to show is the screenshot which has a spreadsheet of what the city said, that everything was done appropriately, and then in the right side of the spreadsheet is what the independent investigator found as what they did wrong.

There's more to it that perhaps somebody more skilled at downloading can do for us to share this legal document.

ETA link at Lawsuit: 911 calls from teen who died in van mishandled

I'm not one who supports frivolous lawsuits, but I believe this one is necessary, and hopefully Force changes and put the sunshine on the problems, and they should damn settle.

This is a case that really raises my blood pressure it makes me so very very angry.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Betty P, LadyL, fred&edna and 8 others like this.
  7. GarAndTeed

GarAndTeed Well-Known Member

Thank you VERY much for these screen shots! I'm really angry, too...

8. Tssiemer

It wasn't just the 911 operators. The cops NEVER left their car even if they had been searching in the right parking lot they would not have seen him.

I see where smart 911 would have been helpful to "enhance" the information but if they knew his name and other stuff.. the cops never would have found him IMO. I doubt they would have called his parents to check on him.

He had access to Siri, I definitely would have called someone else if 911 was not getting me the help I needed. Say he called his mom and told her he was trapped ETC, it might have played out different. But that's not his fault IMO he was unable to breathe and losing oxygen to his brain I'm sure.

He called 911 to get help and from the get go no one did their jobs. Even thinking it was a hoax.

As I said last year, it was a perfect storm of failure by everyone involved (except him and his family of course) that cost this young man his life so needlessly.

9. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I hate this one. I just so wish he'd called his Mom before calling 911. Then while his Mom was coming to FIND him, he could be calling 911 and so could she. Someone who knows you will almost always take you more seriously and not think it's a prank. Obviously his Mom would have looked a hell of a lot harder for him too!

10. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

I'm old school, I'm not well versed in Siri, will it call any number you verbally give it or does it have to be pre-programmed?

fred&edna and Blondie in Spokane like this.
  11. Tssiemer

Uhm. I believe it can dial any number. Good luck getting it to understand it accurately though.

Indy Anna, Betty P, fred&edna and 3 others like this.
  12. dixiegirl1035

O/T, another case today posted of 911 tragedy failing on operations moo

"AR - 8/29/2019 Debra Steven's dies in flash flood, 911 operator Donna Reneau" at Websleuths

"
    "

13. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

I'm thinking he'd have had better luck & a better response with a wrong number than he did with 911.

14. Tssiemer

Yeah. But who could hve guessed that then? Hindsight is 20/20. He was in trouble so he called 911 for help. Just like he was taught.