OH - Kyle Plush, 16, dies after being crushed by minivan seat & two 911 calls, Cincinnati, Apr 2018

I tried but I can’t copy it either. Nor can I even read the dang thing.

Okay, back to old school and I will do screenshots. What was new to me was that the operator inappropriately engaged the call device for TTY for a deaf caller, which muted her voice and reduce the volume of him.

And also she did not replay the call which she could not hear at the time, which in it he had said the make model and location of the car .

Just so tragic.

What I am trying to show is the screenshot which has a spreadsheet of what the city said, that everything was done appropriately, and then in the right side of the spreadsheet is what the independent investigator found as what they did wrong.

There's more to it that perhaps somebody more skilled at downloading can do for us to share this legal document.

ETA link at Lawsuit: 911 calls from teen who died in van mishandled

I'm not one who supports frivolous lawsuits, but I believe this one is necessary, and hopefully Force changes and put the sunshine on the problems, and they should damn settle.

This is a case that really raises my blood pressure it makes me so very very angry.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190812-160207_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190812-160207_Chrome.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20190812-160219_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190812-160219_Chrome.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20190812-160236_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190812-160236_Chrome.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Okay, back to old school and I will do screenshots. What was new to me was that the operator inappropriately engaged the call device for TTY for a deaf caller, which muted her voice and reduce the volume of him.

And also she did not replay the call which she could not hear at the time, which in it he had said the make model and location of the car .

Just so tragic.

What I am trying to show is the screenshot which has a spreadsheet of what the city said, that everything was done appropriately, and then in the right side of the spreadsheet is what the independent investigator found as what they did wrong.

There's more to it that perhaps somebody more skilled at downloading can do for us to share this legal document.

ETA link at Lawsuit: 911 calls from teen who died in van mishandled

I'm not one who supports frivolous lawsuits, but I believe this one is necessary, and hopefully Force changes and put the sunshine on the problems, and they should damn settle.

This is a case that really raises my blood pressure it makes me so very very angry.
Thank you VERY much for these screen shots! I'm really angry, too...

It wasn't just the 911 operators. The cops NEVER left their car even if they had been searching in the right parking lot they would not have seen him.

I see where smart 911 would have been helpful to "enhance" the information but if they knew his name and other stuff.. the cops never would have found him IMO. I doubt they would have called his parents to check on him.

He had access to Siri, I definitely would have called someone else if 911 was not getting me the help I needed. Say he called his mom and told her he was trapped ETC, it might have played out different. But that's not his fault IMO he was unable to breathe and losing oxygen to his brain I'm sure.

He called 911 to get help and from the get go no one did their jobs. Even thinking it was a hoax.

As I said last year, it was a perfect storm of failure by everyone involved (except him and his family of course) that cost this young man his life so needlessly.

I hate this one. I just so wish he'd called his Mom before calling 911. Then while his Mom was coming to FIND him, he could be calling 911 and so could she. Someone who knows you will almost always take you more seriously and not think it's a prank. Obviously his Mom would have looked a hell of a lot harder for him too!

O/T, another case today posted of 911 tragedy failing on operations moo

"AR - 8/29/2019 Debra Steven's dies in flash flood, 911 operator Donna Reneau" at Websleuths

"
A woman was delivering papers in Fort Smith Arkansas. She called nine-one-one for help, and the over 25 minute 911 call is just unbelievable as to the rudeness of the operator, Donna Reneau, while this woman was dying. I just cannot believe the insensitivity of Donna Reneau at 911.

In the past couple of hours they have deleted the last few minutes of the audio of the entire phone call. I have not taken the time to research it because it is too upsetting.

WARNING very graphic and I follow a lot of cases, but this has me wanting to throw my phone up against the wall and to call and complain.

But alas and alack, the department has said that this phone call was done on Donna Reneau's last day ( within the article it said that she had put in her resignation and this was her last day) and her last shift at the 911 center, and they cannot do anything as far as to investigation.

I call bull*hit and I need to calm down before I post anymore. I actually took the time to listen to the entire call, but only listen to the audio if you really really really can take it because it is so very upsetting.

Horrifying 911 Audio, Body Cam Footage Released After Fort Smith Woman Drowns During Flash Flooding

There were about 10 shocking comments that were degrading to the person who died, and this was just one that they put in the article.

"The 911 dispatcher, Donna Reneau, can be heard telling Stevens "this will teach you next time don't drive in the water.."

ETA- this situation with 911 upsets me as much as the one of Kyle Plush here on threads. The family may not have the information to prove negligence, but damn it, that woman that took that 911 call really ×=_<##^ !!! Can't say what I really think right now.
"

“Unfortunately the City Manager letter is more about damage control than the assurance that all call takers and dispatchers will be held accountable," he siad. "Why are we learning about this six weeks after it happened? Has the call-taker been on paid leave this whole time? The residents of Cincinnati deserve much better 911 service than what Kyle and this stroke victim received. “

Judges deliberating whether Plush family suit should move to jury trial

Three appeals court judges are deliberating whether a wrongful death lawsuit filed by Kyle Plush's family against the City of Cincinnati and several city employees will move on to a jury trial.

The lawsuit claims the two 911 call takers who took Plush's calls and the two police officers who responded to the area where Plush's body was later found “acted negligently, recklessly, wantonly, willfully, and with deliberate indifference” in failing to protect Kyle the day he died.

Kyle's parents and their attorney, Al Gerhardstein, claim the city's investigation didn't go far enough and they're suing the city, the former city manager, two 911 call takers and two police officers.

The suit names as defendants the two Emergency Communication Center employees who took Kyle's calls — Stephanie Magee and Amber Smith — and the two Cincinnati police officers who responded to the scene but never left their car and didn't locate him, Officers Edsel Osborn and Brian Brazile.

The judges have not said how long they'll deliberate their decision or when an announcement of their decision could be made.

Thanks for the bump and new news on this case @JerseyGirl.

It's also prompted me to go to smart911 as I used to be a member, but you have to sign in every 6 months or so when prompted and I think I missed doing such. As a retired person that lives alone without kiddos etc... I just sent in a request on their site to get my user id and password to get me back on their list as my city does indeed use this service.

ETA: Done! Again, thanks re the smart911 info which was mentioned in your article in the link above. Yep, I had gone *stale* as I missed responding to the requirement of logging in every 6 months to keep it active.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back