Found Safe OH - Madison (Maddie) Bell, 18, left to go tanning, Greenfield, 17 May 2020 *car found* #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by AC's Grandma, May 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AC's Grandma

AC's Grandma Well-Known Member

Greenfield Police Department

Maddie left this morning to go tanning at Country Corner Market & never made it there. She hasn't been seen since. Her car was found in the Good Shepherd church parking lot with the windows rolled down, keys in the ignition, & her phone was on the front seat.

PLEASE keep your eyes peeled & contact the police or her mother if you see her.

She's a new 2020 high school graduate.

Here's her FB page - Log into Facebook | Facebook

THREAD #1

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2020

2. Msl1966

Msl1966 Well-Known Member

Filly, Marg from Oz and sallye818 like this.
  3. nsd19622012

nsd19622012 Active Member

4. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

MOD REMINDER:

At this time there are no NAMED Persons of Interest or Suspects stated by LE or MSM in this case. That means speculation about ANYONE is a violation of TOS. Please report posts that do so instead of replying to them.

This thread is now open to discussion that is responsible and respectful of the Websleuths Terms of Service.

5. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Can you please add her media link?
    OH - Madison (Maddie) Bell, 18, 17 May 2020, MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

6. Limecat

Limecat Well-Known Member

I’ve never been banned from WS and don’t want to start now, so mods please delete and forgive me.

But this whole family dynamic is so puzzling to me. And I only bring it up because I think it COULD have some bearing on what might have happened. Between Mom and BF being so (to me) overtly involved in Maddie’s life, it just muddies the waters as to whether this was an abduction or Maddie asserting her independence.

I’m on the fence as to whether she was taken or left of her own will, but the home situation just SEEMS like it plays a factor here.

Also I’ll add as a personal note, while I was a model teen, always respectful, never caused my parents grief, good student, etc., it was because my mother ruled my life with an iron fist, and fear was the driving motivator for my straight arrow behavior. I didn’t run away with no note, but I graduated at 17 and got out of Dodge 4 days later and never looked back. I want to add, after living under that kind of “rule” my entire life, I then took a HUGE left turn and spent the next 4 or 5 years living pretty much the opposite of the way I’d lived while at home.

I guess I’m saying living under extreme family dynamics, when someone breaks free (turns 18 for example), the path taken can be the first sort of rebellion FINALLY that they’ve always longed for.

MOO, speculation, et al

7. captaintrips

captaintrips Well-Known Member

@GooseyPie, yes that person has a striking resemblance to the driver figure in the car. Exact same hairline/features.

In fact, I was thinking last night that the guy in the car kind of resembled Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) from Star Wars Episode 2 when I first enhanced the image.... which is ironically whom this person resembles in their pinterest pic.

Ommitted the name/initials to comply with no suspects identified ToS rule.... Though I'm honestly wondering if this should be forwarded to LE as it's too coincidental and very much something they may want to check out

8. HelpingHeart

HelpingHeart Well-Known Member

Did the mom try to check the store (tanning booth) to see if Maddie was there before calling the police? I would have been worried seeing the car unlocked with the phone inside, but my first thought would be to run over to the store to ensure she wasn’t there first. I wouldn’t want the cops to come and be like...oops sorry, she was at the store.

9. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

I just got up with the last few pages of the 1st thread. Some thoughts...

I am so happy to hear Texas EquuSearch is coming in to help that is great news but does raise a few more questions. I am curious where they will be searching? I know they come after speaking to LE, and both sides decide it's warranted. It's confusing with the white car because it seems like MB is perhaps no longer in the area, so just throwing it out there that it's odd if they come and search around town. Again we really don't know what LE knows so that could be a factor. I am posting the link to Texas EquuSearch search requirements for those who are not familiar.

How, When and Why We Search

10. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

I don't know anyone can make out anything or anyone in those still shots of that car. <modsnip>

Ashley426, Flicka1, 24Roses and 28 others like this.
  11. HelpingHeart

HelpingHeart Well-Known Member

I saw the outlines pretty well once I started looking. The video explained it well too.

Flicka1, doozle, cass523 and 7 others like this.
  12. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

If anyone would find her, it would be Tim Miller and his crew.

wdmcmahan, borndem, Flicka1 and 15 others like this.
  13. Maplesyrup

Maplesyrup Well-Known Member

Agreed. We know it is a white car. Likely the make and model can be determined by people who know cars but beyond that, nothing. I was thinking how people swipe license plates off of other cars to commit crimes. It would be easy to spot the CA plate somewhere, unscrew it quickly and take off with it. Go to a different parking lot, take another plate and then be on your way to abduct someone. So lets say the perp puts one of the stolen plates on his car, grabs the intended victim and incapacitates them...drives down the road to a secluded area, switches the plate to the second stolen plate and drives on. After a further distance, switches it back to his own original plate. That leaves the original witnesses reporting one plate that everyone watches for...and now he has the same car but a different plate. Pretty easy to get away. I am from a small town in Ohio. No one pays attention to their old cars sitting around, especially if it isn't the regular one they drive. Easy to swipe a plate and go unnoticed. By the time it is missed, the perp is long gone.

crhedBngr, borndem, Flicka1 and 3 others like this.
  14. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

I’ve been reading silently here and in SM’s thread. I have to take breaks from posting after participating heavily in a thread, so I admire all of you doing what you can for these and other victims.

I really hate that we live in a world where women disappear, whether against their will or because they feel they have no other choice. I’m so sick of seeing these cases going from a few pages of posts to multiple threads... sometimes a lot of threads, seemingly with no hope for an end. Yet I’m always so relieved to see WS’ers diligently posting in unwavering support of these victims and their families, loving them and holding space for them.

My greatest hope for the day is that Madison Bell, who has her entire life ahead of her, has the opportunity that we all want for our kids or the young people we know... to live a life that feels right to them and allows them the ability to thrive. My hope is she is either found safely and returned to her family, or if it is her desire, I hope she has found a living situation that is safe and healthy, and allows her to figure out who she is and work toward her goals on her terms. But if that is the case, I hope she informs LE that she is safe.

JaneEyre, fackshat, Gosimoes and 39 others like this.
  15. Maplesyrup

Maplesyrup Well-Known Member

I looked at the immediate area on a google map. As much as I hate to say it, I would concentrate searches around Paint Creek State Park, Pike Lake State Park, Tranquility Wildlife Area, etc. Tim Miller's people may go out that way. Sickening thought it is, people need to be watching for vulture activity in the sky, circling, heavy concentrations of them. Hopefully someone with four wheeler's can start driving through those state parks all along the drive areas and parking areas. I hope Maddie just decided to leave and is safe. But if she isn't, she needs to be found asap so evidence can be collected.

16. abams

abams Well-Known Member

Hm, that would fit the description from the elderly couple of a blonde shaggy-haired man, 20-early 30s, they saw in the parking lot. But I can't see anything but blobs in those pics so I don't know! :)

17. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I would like to update her media thread with this new information but I can't find a MSM report of it - the link posted takes you to Tim's website. Can you post the link please?

Flicka1, Mistree, cass523 and 3 others like this.
  18. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Prayer vigil held for Maddie Bell, Ohio teen missing since Sunday

By Brittany Harry | May 20, 2020 at 10:06 PM EDT - Updated May 21 at 3:48 AM

HIGHLAND COUNTY, Ohio (FOX19) - As the sun set on day four of the search for Madison Bell, residents of Greenfield, Ohio gathered at a local church to pray for her safe return.

Bell, 18, who goes by ‘Maddie,' left her house in Greenfield on Sunday and did not return.

As she left her house, Maddie’s mother says she told her she was going to a tanning appointment. Her boyfriend told FOX19 NOW Tuesday he was there as well.

Investigators say they found her car abandoned in a church parking lot with her keys and cell phone left inside later that day.

In the time since her disappearance, volunteers have descended upon Highland County and fanned out across the region, disbursing flyers as far away as Kentucky.

The FBI has joined in the search as well.

Meanwhile, Wednesday’s prayer vigil at Greenfield Church of Christ offered an opportunity for the community to come together in support of Bell’s family.
    snipped

borndem, Flicka1, AnnaGrace and 5 others like this.
  19. Bridger

Bridger Well-Known Member

Quote from a post on the previous thread: “As I said, I will gladly give credence and credit to the running off theory if any evidence comes to light she did so. Not speculation, evidence. Until then, I am going by what the statistical norms say in situations like this which strongly points to abduction.”

Pretty sure that, statistically speaking, the odds of a runaway dwarf the odds of an abduction.

gitana1, rhino, Jenny0101 and 20 others like this.
  20. JustCurious4762

JustCurious4762 Member

I am from Greenfield and I have lived here most of my life. I only left for four years while attending college. I know that I will not be liked for what I am about to say, but it is literally the only thing that makes sense to me. But first, you have to know how I know what I know. I am a recovering drug addict. I have been clean for well over two years now, but I was a heavy drug user for about six years prior to my recovery. With that being said, when I found out that they were looking for a car with California tags, the first thing that came to my mind was that it was probably a drug dealers car which is most likely a rental. They tend to do that often because it’s harder for the police to track them that way. Then I heard that her keys were still in the ignition and her phone was inside of her car and then that really made me think that it was a drug deal gone bad. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I have been meeting with a dealer and as soon as they pull up, I got out of my car leaving all of my belongings inside except for the money I needed to get the drugs. Because it is usually such a quick interaction, I didn’t worry about leaving my keys or my phone in the car. Now, I’m not saying that Maddie was a strung out addict by any means, but this was her graduation week and she could have wanted some weed or anything to celebrate with her friends. Like I said, I know that I am not going to be liked for this theory, but it is what makes since to me. I could be way off, but we need to be asking hard questions to make sure that every avenue is taken so we can find her and bring her home. As much as I hate to say this about Greenfield, but here in the last few years, we have been overrun with drugs, just like everywhere else in this country. I know that it sounds like drugs were completely out of character for her, but to be honest, they are out of character for a lot of people who become addicts, myself included. I just feel like if it was possibly a drug deal gone bad, then they are looking in all the wrong places. They should be looking more towards Dayton, Columbus, Cincinnati or even chillicothe or Portsmouth. I am praying for her safe return and I am sending her family as much love and support as possible, because no matter what happened, the only important thing is that she is found and safely reunited with her family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.