GUILTY OH - Marcus Fiesel, 3, Union Township, 4 August 2006

californiacarrie said:
I'll second that!

I think that would be a great idea. You know, I don't think that most people even realize how many children go missing in one years time. Unless you hang out on a board like this it isn't really a reality. I think most people would be shocked if they had any idea. It's scary the way that children are taken right out of their bedrooms and front yards. I think anyone with children should have a really good security system in their homes and have one parent who is responsible to make sure it is on at bedtime. That way at least families would feel safe in their own homes at night. If I had little children I know I'd have one. It's terrible when you can't feel safe in bed at night.

If they can come up with a chip for dogs and cats they should be able to do something like that for children and the government should pay for it. Something that a child would have to wear wouldn't work because kids would take them off and lose them. It has to be implanted so they can't lose it but the child can be tracked if he/she gets lost. Heck they have those trackers on vehicles...why not something small like that for kids? Someone could sure make a bundle if they came up with something like that!

Things that make you wonder:

"Barnett confirmed that although Carroll was responsible for four children, there were only three cars seats in the car at the time."

AND she went into BlockBuster by herself, with one of the kids "loose" in the car?

Trish

If there were only three carseats then that most definitely casts a huge shadow of doubt onto this for me. Especially for a person who is trying to convince the world how much she loved Marcus and how responsible she and her husband are. Seriously getting weirder the more the couple talks and the more the police look into this case.

And Bobbisangel, I skimmed that book a while back at a friends, she was still reading it and she said she would loan it to me and then moved-I had forgotten all about it.

I have been pretty well under control for a while now and I'm not afraid to talk about it with people, not that it's the first thing out of my mouth at a cocktail party mind you ;) I had several coworkers who were very surprised at how candid I was about my own mental health-and one who came up to me and asked me so many questions I finally called him on it and asked if he was just curious or if he thought he had his own issues to which he admitted he felt like he needed help for the first time in his life.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/08/19/missing_late.html

Missing Boy's Foster Family Moves Out

Just five days after their three-year-old foster son went missing, the family of a still unaccounted for Marcus Fiesel has "moved" from their Union Township home.

Neighbors also told 9News the family left their rented home on Valleywood Drive Saturday night with many of their possessions.

One neighbor claims they looked to be in a hurry as they moved out.

They say it took only an hour-and-a-half for several people to carry furniture, mattresses, clothes and other items out of the house, and that it was done without packing boxes.

Other neighbors also told 9News that Marcus' foster mother was among those moving the family out after being released from the hospital just a few hours before.

Whether the move was impromptu or planned, neighbors told 9News Marcus' foster family had held a yard sale three days before he disappeared.

9News spoke with the step-father of the foster father on the phone Saturday night and he claimed he didn't know where the family had gone.

But neighbors say they saw him helping with the move on Saturday.

MORE AT LINK

sounds pretty strange to me

californiacarrie said:
I will also add that anyone with an autistic child in their care certainly should not have had more than one or two other children to keep track of unless there was help available.

LOL! I just found that statement funny since I have three boys with autism (11,11,12), and 14yo PDD-NOS.

fivekidz4me said:
LOL! I just found that statement funny since I have three boys with autism (11,11,12), and 14yo PDD-NOS.
Ouch! I imagine you dont get out much? I have a hard enough time with the ONE I have...

The Carroll family has since moved from their Batavia home.

"They were in the process of moving, but when this happened, with all of the media attention, they decided to move early, is what we understand," Barnett said. "We know where they are. We're not concerned about the move."

As of Monday, Aug. 21, no credible leads for Marcus' whereabouts had been found, Barnett said.
http://news.communitypress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060823/NEWS01/608230320

Jeana (DP) said:
I think you're right. People are trying to use being "pi-polar" as the excuse of the day. Unfortunately, they're doing more harm to those who actually do have mental illnesses. Its already an unnecessary "stigma" and people who should be seeking treatment are not because they don't want to be labeled. People who don't have the disease and are merely using it as an excuse should be ashamed of themselves.

I sooooo agree with you, Jeana! I have Bipolar disorder and I *also* have a foster child as well as my own child and I haven't killed either one of them yet LOL.

I know I have said this is other threads before but I get very angry when people try to excuse their bad behavior by saying "I have Bipolar". Nope, sorry- that doesn't fly with me! People like this are the *reason* we have the stigma still attacted to this illness.

One other thing I hate- When people say "she is bipolar" or "I am Bipolar"...
One is not their illness they have an illness.

I am a wife and a mother and a daughter and a friend etc.. These things discribe WHO I am. I *have* bipolar disorder- but it does not define who I am!

Know what I mean?

OneLostGrl said:
I sooooo agree with you, Jeana! I have Bipolar disorder and I *also* have a foster child as well as my own child and I haven't killed either one of them yet LOL.

I know I have said this is other threads before but I get very angry when people try to excuse their bad behavior by saying "I have Bipolar". Nope, sorry- that doesn't fly with me! People like this are the *reason* we have the stigma still attacted to this illness.

One other thing I hate- When people say "she is bipolar" or "I am Bipolar"...
One is not their illness they have an illness.

I am a wife and a mother and a daughter and a friend etc.. These things discribe WHO I am. I *have* bipolar disorder- but it does not define who I am!

Know what I mean?

Yes, I absolutely do know what you mean. I also applaud you openly talking about bi-polar disorder. I think the more people hear about these things, the easier they will be to deal with!! :)

Jeana (DP) said:
Yes, I absolutely do know what you mean. I also applaud you openly talking about bi-polar disorder. I think the more people hear about these things, the easier they will be to deal with!! :)

I have no shame- beleive it or not I don't even have any regrets.
I did stupid for a very long time, not knowing why (prior to DX and proper meds) but it is because of that stupid stuff that I am who I am today.

Accountability is very important when one is mentally ill (much like alcoholics) and I have had to pay the consecenses to every one of my actions, just like "normal" people.

I had my child prior to being diagnosed but after being diagnosed, I had my tubes tied. I felt that was the responsible thing to do. My son has a 60% chance of ending up with Bipolar- that's an awful thing for a parent to hand down to their child!

If this foster father killed this child and blames it on bipolar I'm gonna be so
p!ssed!

OneLostGrl-You are so right about people saying "i am bipolar" i did it myself in this thread. I guess it goes to show that I, too, need to choose my words wisely. I have a bipolar diagnosis-only within the last year really, up until then it was a diagnosis of depression only since I was a kid.

I will have to remember my own words when discussing my disorder, I am a lot more than a diagnosis.

OneLostGrl said:
I have no shame- beleive it or not I don't even have any regrets.
I did stupid for a very long time, not knowing why (prior to DX and proper meds) but it is because of that stupid stuff that I am who I am today.

Accountability is very important when one is mentally ill (much like alcoholics) and I have had to pay the consecenses to every one of my actions, just like "normal" people.

I had my child prior to being diagnosed but after being diagnosed, I had my tubes tied. I felt that was the responsible thing to do. My son has a 60% chance of ending up with Bipolar- that's an awful thing for a parent to hand down to their child!

If this foster father killed this child and blames it on bipolar I'm gonna be so
p!ssed!

You have no reason whatever to be ashamed. All of us have done stupid things and most of us don't even have a diagnosis so we know why!!!!

I don't know enough about this disorder to have any opinion about women having children. I think you know what's best for you and your family and I applaud you for all of the consideration that you put into your decisions.

Unfortunately, in little Marcus's case, I don't see anything but bad news coming out of this. The chances of some pedophile just happening to be in the park when she passed out, no one seeing them for days before, much less in the park that day, and the other clues in this case just leave me with a bad feeling all around.

Butler County Children's Services said its records don't match Liz Carroll's claim that a caseworker last saw Marcus Fiesel during a routine check at their home the Thursday before he disappeared.

Children's services told News 5 that Lifeway for Youth made a monthly progress report indicating that a caseworker visited the Carrolls' Union Township home on Aug. 3 -- 12 days before the developmentally disabled toddler vanished at an Anderson Township Park.

"The progress report would list all the times Marcus or any child was contacted or seen in the home, so the last record we had was Aug. 3," children's services spokeswoman Dawn Grady said.

Children's services said the progress report was similar to other monthly reports from the network foster-care provider and indicated nothing out of the ordinary.

"Lifeway is backing us 100 percent, because they know what a difference we made with Marcus and how happy Marcus was with us," Carroll told reporters Tuesday.

The organization had no comment Wednesday, but said Thursday that it could not answer questions about Marcus' case without his family's permission.

Under a contract agreement between children's services and Lifeway, each child has to be checked on at least once a month. Sources said Lifeway had been checking on Fiesel about once a week.
http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/9726220/detail.html

Foster mom said he was sick in last visit Aug. 10, county says
BY SHEILA MCLAUGHLIN | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER
A caseworker from a private agency who was supposed to visit Marcus Fiesel weekly tried to see the boy at his Clermont County home five days before he was reported missing.

But the caseworker with Lifeway for Youth was turned away at the door, Butler County officials said Thursday.

That contradicts what Marcus' foster mother, Liz Carroll, told reporters this week.

OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');"They went back Aug. 10, and they did not see Marcus. The foster mother said he was sick that day," said Dawn Grady, a spokeswoman for the county children services board.
The caseworker didn't press to see Marcus.

"There would be absolutely no reason to assume that there was any problem. They had been seeing Marcus weekly in the home, and there were no red flags associated with the family," Grady said.

"We are not about to speculate about whether or not she was lying.

"I don't think anybody is ready to go there yet."

Carroll has said Marcus was last seen by a caseworker Aug. 10.

But county records show that the caseworker's last visit was a week earlier, on Aug. 3, Grady said.

Grady said the Lifeway staff was supposed to have a face-to-face visit with the child at his home weekly because of his special needs. Marcus was autistic, police said, and functioned at a developmental stage half his age.

Hamilton County sheriff's officials, who are investigating the child's disappearance Aug. 15 from Juilfs Park in Anderson Township, could not say Thursday when anyone outside the family last saw Marcus before he was reported missing.

More at link: http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060825/NEWS01/608250360

I found these links while reading courttv forum.

This is sounding worse and worse. I really fear for Marcus. These latest revelations again raise the question, HOW ON EARTH DID THESE PEOPLE BECOME FOSTER PARENTS? Sorry to yell like that, but this is so upsetting to me and I don't even know this child.

Opie said:
This is sounding worse and worse. I really fear for Marcus. These latest revelations again raise the question, HOW ON EARTH DID THESE PEOPLE BECOME FOSTER PARENTS? Sorry to yell like that, but this is so upsetting to me and I don't even know this child.
I agree with you. I fear for Marcus also. Good Lord..........what the hell is going on? Has the world always been so dangerous for children and, we didn't know it?

Gmommy said:
I will have to remember my own words when discussing my disorder, I am a lot more than a diagnosis.

You sure are!! And you can also live a "normal" life with this dx!

A live-in GF?!?!?!

This is one ODD family! I sure hope that baby is ok!!

I wonder if she stays with the husband and tolerates his cheating, girlfriend, etc. so she won't lose her foster parent status and income. From what I've read, neither one have a full-time job. If she leaves him, she loses the foster money, has to find a place on her own, raise her 4 children, be on welfare, etc... He is a loser and doesn't have a job and couldn't give child support. Just a thought.

Day care certification has been revoked.

Clermont County spokesperson Kathy Lehr says the status changed eight days ago.

Lehr says that effective August 17, the certification was revoked after she failed to report changes in her household environment.

Clermont County pays an average $118 per week to day care providers and certification has to be renewed ever year.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/08/25/fiesel.html

Note: I don't think that Ohio requires day care certification for family day care homes, unless they are receiving some type of state funds for the day care (ie, the day care is funded through human services), or unless they are running a center. And there weren't enough kids alleged to be there to be a center. But when hubby was arrested for domestic violence that should have been reported, and a conviction would have caused the license to be withdrawn.

They don't have the link up yet, but at least one media is saying that the foster mom said the reason the caseworker didn't see Marcus that day, was because he was asleep upstairs and the caseworker had bad knees and couldn't go upstairs. The foster care agency says that as far as they know the caseworker doesn't have bad knees. So either foster mom's stories are getting mixed up and she is telling different media different things- or all the media are "misquoting" her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back