GUILTY OH - Marion Co., WhtFem Skeletal 672UFOH, 18-22, along rural road, Mar'07- Dana Nicole Lowrey

Ruled Out:

Patricia Adkins
Trudy Appleby
Shannon Arif
Amanda Berry
Katherine Cook
Clarissa Culberson
Hope Curry
Molly Dattilo
Angela Finger
Jessica Foster
Tracy Hill
Jennifer Kesse
Carla Losey
Brookley Louks
Melanie Metheny
Sherry Milton
Maura Murray
Roxanne Paltauf
Christina Rodriguez
Patricia Schmidt
Tabitha Tuders

--- On Tue, 4/24/12, Craig, Emily <Emily.Craig@unthsc.edu> wrote:

Subject: RE: Case #0702858 - Namus#4725
To: <redacted>
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 2:59 PM

Dear XXXX XXXX,
Thank you for your note, but unfortunately no dental records have been entered in NamUs for the missing person in question. Until that is done she can’t be excluded. We really appreciate your willingness to help in the search.

Emily Craig, Ph.D.
Regional System Administrator
National Missing & Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Web: www.NamUs.gov
NamUs @ UNT Health Science Center
3400 Camp Bowie Boulevard, 6th floor
Fort Worth, TX 76107
ORI: TX220035Y

Phone: 817-666-5425
Email Emily.Craig@unthsc.edu
Web: www.untfsu.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Is EEDWARDS still here? Reading? Dentals need to be submitted.....

Bumping...

The last time the NamUs file was updates was Sept 27th https://identifyus.org/cases/4725

List of rule outs:
Patricia Adkins 1972 Ohio
Trudy Appleby 1984 Illinois
Shannon Arif 1977 Tennessee
Amanda Berry 1986 Ohio
Katherine Cook 1982 Michigan
Clarissa Culberson 1974 Ohio
Hope. Curry 1977 Virginia
Molly Dattilo 1981 Indiana
Angela Finger 1983 Nevada
Jessica Foster 1984 Nevada
Tracy Hill 1976 Ohio
Jennifer Kesse 1981 Florida
Carla Losey. 1982 Ohio
Brookley Louks 1982 Indiana
Ashley Martinez 1989 Missouri
Melanie Metheny 1985 West Virginia
Sherry Milton 1979 Alabama
Maura Murray 1982 Massachusetts
Roxanne Paltauf 1988 Texas
Christina Rodriguez 1985 Florida
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
Tabitha Tuders 1990 Tennessee

I noticed that Doe Network says PM interval of a few months - possibly into 2006, but Namus says between 2002 and 2007, so that could leave it open wider.

Namus also says she was found near Victory Road in/near Marion. This is near Rt. 23 which is a fairly well-traveled route. (In fact, I think 23 becomes High St. when you get near Columbus - High Street runs through the center of Columbus, past the state capital, and also borders Ohio State University. If you go North from Marion it goes up and around Upper Sandusky. So she really could be from anywhere.

I noticed that Doe Network says PM interval of a few months - possibly into 2006, but Namus says between 2002 and 2007, so that could leave it open wider.

Namus also says she was found near Victory Road in/near Marion. This is near Rt. 23 which is a fairly well-traveled route. (In fact, I think 23 becomes High St. when you get near Columbus - High Street runs through the center of Columbus, past the state capital, and also borders Ohio State University. If you go North from Marion it goes up and around Upper Sandusky. So she really could be from anywhere.

I spent some time today looking for a possible match for this UID in NamUs today, but I didn't find anyone that I would submit. This just baffles e on how so many UID remains will never get their names back.

I see that Amanda Berry has been ruled out, but not Georgina DeJesus. Amanda and Gina both disappeared from the same neighborhood near Cleveland, a year apart. I am not saying the recon looks incredibly like her or anything, but she is within the time range and from Ohio.

Gina's case says "Sample submitted - tests complete" in Namus, so maybe they've already been run. I'm not clear on what it means when a case says that vs. "completed and entered" or whatever. I wish it were clearer that way.

I just saw this now. Emily Craig is working for Namus? egads.

isn't she the one who used to work in Kentucky but wanted everyone else to do her work for her? I see she has not changed her spots.

--- On Tue, 4/24/12, Craig, Emily <Emily.Craig@unthsc.edu> wrote:

Subject: RE: Case #0702858 - Namus#4725
To: <redacted>
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 2:59 PM

Dear XXXX XXXX,
Thank you for your note, but unfortunately no dental records have been entered in NamUs for the missing person in question. Until that is done she can’t be excluded. We really appreciate your willingness to help in the search.

Emily Craig, Ph.D.
Regional System Administrator
National Missing & Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Web: www.NamUs.gov
NamUs @ UNT Health Science Center
3400 Camp Bowie Boulevard, 6th floor
Fort Worth, TX 76107
ORI: TX220035Y

Phone: 817-666-5425
Email Emily.Craig@unthsc.edu
Web: www.untfsu.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Is EEDWARDS still here? Reading? Dentals need to be submitted.....

OK, I s=understand that this forum has not been used in a while so I don't expect an immediate reply, but here are a few I have suggested.
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/791470/1 - She seems to have the same facial structure up to the nose.
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1137994/1 - Similar cheek structure.
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/784139/1 - Lower face structure
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/835387/1 - Nose
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/601776/1 - Similar facial structure
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1834dfok.html - Nose
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/781548/1
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/710203/1 - Looks an awful lot like the woman. Also, last seen an hour and a half away from where the body was found, so she's a very likely guess.

it is so weird to read this later, knowing that both of those ladies were found alive and victim of the same perp!

I see that Amanda Berry has been ruled out, but not Georgina DeJesus. Amanda and Gina both disappeared from the same neighborhood near Cleveland, a year apart. I am not saying the recon looks incredibly like her or anything, but she is within the time range and from Ohio.

Gina's case says "Sample submitted - tests complete" in Namus, so maybe they've already been run. I'm not clear on what it means when a case says that vs. "completed and entered" or whatever. I wish it were clearer that way.

Christina Adkins 1976 Ohio

Patricia Adkins 1972 Ohio
Kristen Anderson 1981 Ohio
Trudy Appleby 1984 Illinois
Shannon Arif 1977 Tennessee
Amanda Berry 1986 Ohio
Katherine Cook 1982 Michigan
Rachel Cooke 1982 Texas
Clarissa Culberson 1974 Ohio
Hope Curry 1977 Virginia
Molly Dattilo 1981 Indiana
Danielle Day 1972 New Jersey
Shaylene Farrell 1976 Ohio

Angela Finger 1983 Nevada
Jessica Foster 1984 Nevada
Tracy Hill 1976 Ohio
Jennifer Kesse 1981 Florida
Carla Losey 1982 Ohio
Brookley Louks 1982 Indiana
Ashley Martinez 1989 Missouri
Melanie Metheny 1985 West Virginia
Sherry Milton 1979
Maura Murray 1982 Massachusetts
Roxanne Paltauf 1988 Texas
Christina Rodriguez 1985 Florida
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
Ashley Summers 1993 Ohio
Tabitha Tuders 1990 Tennessee
Brandy Wilson 1977 Indiana

(New additions bolded by me)

https://identifyus.org/cases/4725

So if this was the woman killed by Shawn Grate, and it seems it was, this is what he says about her:

Grate said the victim had been selling and delivering magazines from door to door and didn't deliver ones to the house where he was living, and that led to him killing her. He reportedly told investigators she may have been named Diana or Dana, that he thought she was 26, and that she lived in Ohio but not Marion County.

http://m.cleveland19.com/19actionnews/db_348315/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=CaIURkvF
[...]
On Saturday, the Marion County Sheriff's Department confirmed that they are looking at another body connected to the case. According to the police, Grate confessed to killing the woman and said she was his first kill.

Police said the victim was selling magazines door-to-door in 2005. Grate said his mother was upset that she never received her magazines. According to police, Grate said he saw the woman and lured her to a house where he killed her and dumped her body. Her body was found on Victory Road in Marion in 2007.

Was just coming to post this one, but I see you all beat me to it. If his account is truthful, and there is really no way of knowing - it's an important clue.

Bringing this post about this UID over from the Shawn Great thread, courtesy of AF555

I see that the press conference with Marion County Sheriff doesn't show up in the article unless you view from an actual computer, at least in my case. I've been reading different stories of what was said about the case that are conflicting each other, and I wasn't able to watch the video til just now. Here is my rough transcript with the actual facts that were mentioned by the sheriff.

---

March 10, 2007 skeletal remains found

Last week SG told Ashland he killed female in Marion County

SG had lived in a residential area called Grandview Estates, which was "probably" just less than a mile from remains

Marion County investigators went down and talked to SG at the Ashland PD

He said a young white female about 26 yo was selling magazines or some type of literature in Marion County

She had sold some of these magazines to his mother and did not deliver them. His mother was upset because she did not get the magazines, so a few months later, Grate saw this same young woman, he got her into his car by telling her he wanted to buy some magazines

He took her to a residence south of the city of Marion where he took her into the house, he stabbed her, then he his her in the basement for 2 days

Then he took the body out to Victory Rd where he dumped the body

"Sometime maybe a year or so later", he went out there, he was concerned about any DNA that might have been at the scene, so he set the body on fire

At this point in time, we do not know who this young lady is.

I was hoping that we might find some info over the weekend by talking to his mother and friends to find out.....that would lead us to her identity, but that has not happened, so we're asking for help from the public

He thinks her name was Diane or Dana. Started with a D. Does not remember her last name.

And if you've seen the image we out in 2007, he said that does not look like her.

He believes she is from Ohio, but he can't tell us any more than that.

The info that he's given us, I think is credible. It matches up with what we saw at the scene. We think he was involved in this.

His demeanor was very polite and very nice. Went up and shook hands with the investigator

Told "her" that he wanted to get this off his chest and then just sat down and then started providing details

We found her in 2007. He may have killed her as early as 2003, 2004, or 2005

He's telling us that this is the first woman that he killed.

It's hard to believe that there aren't others out there.

She is not from Marion County. She was not reported missing in Marion County. We've searched all the databases, and we can't find anything in Ohio that would lead us to her identification.

Reporter question: What did he know that the public would not have known about the body?:
Answer: He went back and he burnt the body, which scorched the leaves and the trees. It looked like they had been burnt. The mere fact that this is the first body we found without identifying feature, such as clothes or id. This one was nothing, just remains were found.

Reporter question: Did you guys know SG?
Answer: Oh yes. We've come across him, we've arrested him, sent him to CRC. He has a history here in the county.

It's my surmise that if you start killing in 2003 or 2004 and you kill in 2016, it's my experience that there's gotta be something in between there that I would be looking for some more dead bodies

Reporter question: His mother did not know he had killed her in the basement where they lived?
Answer: At that point she did not live there. This house changed ownership in that timeframe. I think he was remodeling the house at that point. She actually lived on Windsor Street in Marion, not at that residence. He lived there alone, yes. I think the ownership transferred from her to him, and he was remodeling the house.

The FBI is going to interview some Marion County investigators and do a profile on him. That would be a starting point in trying to figure out if there are others out there.

I would call him a serial killer.

I think he showed some remorse, yes. Umm, I think he's found God and wants to move forward.

Location of body northeast of Marion on Victory Road, off the road in a wooded area.

People smelled the odor of the body and thought a deer carcass had been dumped.

There was a man actually walking through the woods. He was looking for cans. He found the body and reported it to us.

I had short conversation with prosecutor. Nothing has been promised.

I was trying to ID body and beat you guys to the punch.

He has been cooperating with us. The case is not closed.

No charges have been filed. There is no rush. We want to find id of the victim, notify the family, and go from there.

He saw her on South Prospect in Marion

They were getting ready to lock him up, and they said is there anything else you wanna tell us, and he said yes, I killed a girl in Marion

He pinpointed the location on the map and went right to it.

Our primary concern is

Mother, sister, and a gf have been interviewed.

He told his gf back then that this happened, and she didn't believe him.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...and-Madison-Sept-2016&p=12817305#post12817305

So he's pretty sure her name began with D, and she did NOT look like the recon sketch.

Not an active poster, but drawn in by this Shawn Grate story. "door to door" magazine selling has had a few exposes written about it recently - I don't know if these "mag crews" have been around as early as 2002-3. See this link on the Atlantic for more about these shady operations:

http://www.theatlantic.com/business...d-into-selling-magazines-door-to-door/388601/

There is also a door to door book sales company that has had controversial employment and sales techniques that was recruiting young adults from eastern europe and billing it as a chance to see America - you can google "Southwestern Advantage" or "Southwestern Company" and door to door sales for a lot more information. This group does seem to keep track of its employees though and they mainly sell children's books so it seems unlikely that Jane Doe was working with them.

Just wanted to put those thoughts out there now that we know more and see what others are thinking.

The other obvious possibility is that it was just jane doe's own way to make some money and she wasn't affiliated with any actual magazine sales company.

ETA - Here is another article about magazine crews from 2008 and indicating they were operating as early as 2000 and they were instructed to say "they were local" :
http://www.houstonpress.com/news/wh...now-about-door-to-door-magazine-sales-6589023

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChucksChickTiff
Back