OH OH - Mary J. Croft Vangilder, 43, Plymouth, 1945

Discussion in 'Pre-1960's Missing' started by mjcroftvan, Sep 19, 2007.

1. mjcroftvan

mjcroftvan New Member

• My grandmother Mary J Croft Vangilder Has Been Missing since 1945.Ihave searched for 13 years , And my Aunts have as well. She was From wvA. But Moved to plymouth ohio to work in a war plant, She filed for divorce and withdrew her petition and no one has heard from her since,she would be 96. Can anyone help

2. Loading...

3. Teresa Larson

Teresa Larson New Member

Have you contacted Social Security? They would have a record of her working if she did and also her last known address. Weren't the war plants owned by the government? Maybe they have a record some place? What have you done in your search to try and find her?

4. stinkerbell

stinkerbell New Member

I wish you luck ;)

5. Julessleuther

Julessleuther New Member

Can you give more information? What was her birthdate? Did she have any nicknames? Did she have any brothers/sisters she may have contacted? Do you have a physical description (from 1945) for her?
    (Color of eyes, hair, etc) Was Croft her maiden name? Did she go to the war plant by herself or with a friend? We need more info to help you!

There is a Mary J Croft in the social security death index with a birthdate of July 11, 1911 (the year I am guessing she was born if she would be 96 now). It states that the social security card was issued in Ohio, and her last known residence was Campbell, KY. It states that she died July 9, 1994. If you think this may be her, I can email or PM you the social. You can then followup with social security to find her next of kin etc.

6. mjcroftvan

mjcroftvan New Member

19 Sandusky Street
    Plynouth Ohio

7. CastlesBurning

CastlesBurning Member

That sends up a red flag IMO. Why would she withdraw the petition? Was her husband perhaps threatening her? Divorce wasn't so common back then like today; maybe he was ashamed his wife wanted to leave him, or some other reason.

Were your grandfather's whereabouts known after the time of her disappearance?

8. rainwater

rainwater New Member

If this thread is still active, could you post your grandmother's approximate height, hair color, etc. if known? I am working to identify someone, and it is possible your grandmother fits the age range of the uid.

9. Jame4120

Jame4120 New Member

She was short . 4 11- 5 3 brown hair . Not sure eye color

10. amputate

amputate New Member

I'm guessing nothing came of this?

11. Boomeroreo

Boomeroreo New Member