OH OH - Methal Dayem, 22, Independence, 8 January 1999

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by marion, Jan 8, 2009.

1. marion

marion New Member

Moved from LTWH, originally posted by Irish_Eyes

2. KarlK

KarlK New Member

Involvement of the cousins make it sound like one of those "honor" killings that occur in some cultures when a woman doesn't want to marry the man her family has chosen for her or has committed a similar "offense".

3. KarlK

KarlK New Member

Deuce

4. KarlK

KarlK New Member

Deuce again

5. Irish_Eyes

Irish_Eyes Active Member

Karl, this was the prosecution's theory also. At first I wasn't sure. Our high school had a significant Arabic population and the students varied widely, with some of the girls wearing traditional Arab dress including head coverings. Methal wore jeans and sweaters or rugby's - pretty much what me and my other friends wore, and she never wore a head scarf, so I assumed her family did not adhere to the stricter interpretations of Muslim law. We weren't best friends, or anything, we didn't socialize outside of school, but we often ate lunch together with a group of mutual friends...it's so sad to me that someone with so much promise is gone so young, and no one has been held accountable...