OH OH - Michael Klitch, 12, Grandview Heights, 28 June 1971

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by nerosleuth, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Grandview Writer

Grandview Writer Member

Your information about the freeways in Columbus is horribly inaccurate. I-70 was mostly completed by the time the abduction took place. It wouldn't be until the late 1970's that I-270 would be completed. Because of problems obtaining certain parcels of land I-670 was completed as far as Grandview Avenue by the time he was taken. I lived in the area and remember riding on those stretches of highway with a relative who left Columbus before the abduction and never returned to Columbus.

2. Grandview Writer

Grandview Writer Member

Your information about the freeways in Columbus is horribly inaccurate. I-70 was mostly completed by the time the abduction took place. It wouldn't be until the late 1970's that I-270 would be completed. Because of problems obtaining certain parcels of land I-670 was completed as far as Grandview Avenue by the time he was taken. I lived in the area and remember riding on those stretches of highway with a relative who left Columbus before the abduction and never returned to Columbus.

3. Grandview Writer

Grandview Writer Member

4. Grandview Writer

Grandview Writer Member

5. Grandview Writer

Grandview Writer Member

The church where he, most likely, stopped to talk to his friends is 2 blocks from where he lived, slightly under 1/2 mile, the blocks south of Third Ave being approximately 1/4 mile long. There is also a church almost directly across the street from the Klitch home. I feel very certain that he was abducted before 3:30 pm because across the railroad tracks was a factory that had shift change at that time and many of the workers would cross the tracks and use Goodale Blvd as part of their route home.

Satch, nerosleuth, dotr and 1 other person like this.
  6. Grandview Writer

Grandview Writer Member

The Grandview Swimming pool is only a few blocks from the tennis courts. His mother may have thought that he had already left the tennis courts to go to the pool and meet his siblings there. Don't over think this using to days lens. 1971 was a different era, kids had more freedom and parents would not find it unusual for their kids to change plans in midflight. No matter how dependable he may have been he was still a kid and kids do dumb things.

Panhypopit, Satch, nerosleuth and 3 others like this.
  7. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

Makes perfect sense! It would be interesting to know who this businessman
    Some similarities to the Anderson case so enough of a chance to look into it further by LE. IMO.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    medea13 likes this.
  8. Grandview Writer

Grandview Writer Member

That is an interesting theory though for a serial killer to go silent for 12 years, while not unheard of, is rather unlikely. Having looked at a map of where South Galena Road is located it really is not very close to where Mike Klitch was found it is actually several miles away. The condition of John Muncy's body when found begs the question "why change from a method of disposal that destroys all evidence to one that does not?"

nerosleuth and Satch like this.
  9. Satch

Satch Well-Known Member

I did not know that there were two churches within Mike's walking distance. Are either or both still around today?

Satch

nerosleuth likes this.
  10. nerosleuth

nerosleuth Well-Known Member

I was reading the Columbus Dispatch newspaper this morning.

Michael's father Richard Klitch passed away last week and his obituary was in this morning's Columbus Dispatch newspaper.

11. Satch

Satch Well-Known Member

Here is Richard's Obit. It is a beautiful tribute:

Richard Klitch Obituary (1933 - 2021) - The Columbus Dispatch

Satch

12. Bethj

Bethj New Member

MajorHoople likes this.
  13. Bethj

Bethj New Member

Hi, could you please reach out to me? Beth J.

MajorHoople likes this.
  14. Bethj

Bethj New Member

Could you please reach out to me? Beth J.

MajorHoople likes this.