GUILTY OH - Noella Ravas, 62, stabbed to death, Hinckley, 29 Nov 2007

I am sorry-did I read correctly? It took 10 minutes to respond to her call? By then he had stabbed her again and she was dead??

Somethin' aint right here...

Omg, that poor woman! He definitely LOOKS like a meth-head and by the sounds of it, was acting like one...

"Later, she is heard telling her son, ''It's all right. Just relax . . . I'm getting help for you and for me.''
''I trust you, too, and I love you,'' she tells her son."

Ugh, this makes me so sad. Those words right there show just how much a mother really can love their child.
I do wonder if he is on drugs, but he could have really been just mentally sick and the things on his face could be from them making him get down on the ground etc. during the arrest. I noticed they are only on one side of his face.

She loved her son enough to try to get him help up to the very end. Wow, that makes it even more tragic, to me. Reminds me of the line in "The Green Mile" where John Coffee says "He killed them with they love."

They played the 911 call on local news. She was very calm in the beginning and didn't even indicate she had been stabbed! She said she had been assaulted. I think that was part of why it took EMS so long to get there as there was no urgency on her part at first. :( Maybe they thought she had just been hit rather than stabbed.

Afterwards he just sat on the porch and waited.

$1,000,000 bond
http://woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=7426938

19 Action News has learned Ravas was receiving $1,100 dollars a month for disability - for an unknown mental condition.
Ravas is eligible for the death penalty - but prosecutors won't seek it because of the man's competency.
(more at link)

Watch the 2 videos on that last link. Prosecutor says he'll probably plead successfully "guilty by reason of insanity" because of his mental issues....

The 911 call can be heard more on the 2nd video "Hinckley mother..." than the 1st on that page.

So sad. :(

This man should have been hospitalized. It wouldn't surprise me if his mental illness caused him to murder his mother. How very sad: :(

This man should have been hospitalized. It wouldn't surprise me if his mental illness caused him to murder his mother. How very sad: :(

I agree, I am not going to jump on the he's a meth head fry him band wagon just yet. I have a few family members that are bi polar/paranoid schizophrenic and they exibit these behaviors when not properly treated, and if you have ever dealt with mental illnesses on a personal basis there is a "look" in their eyes when they have gone off the chain..and as for the sores on his face, schizophrenics pick at their faces..I do not know what his mental illness is, I am just exploring the possibility.
ETA: I am by no means giving this guy an excuse, or excusing his actions..please do not take it that way.:)

I can't get past the amount of time it took them to answer the call-I don't care if she was calling about a splinter-shouldn't they have been their in 3 minutes? She stated her son had assaulted her and suffered from mental illness. That should have been enough to haul their heinies there-I am certain they had been there before if he had a history of violence. God bless her for trying to calm him down and get him to settle....

One of the comments on the article states he knew this kid because he went to the same military school as his brother. He said he was always troubled and that he had to kick him out of his house one time because he was so wasted.

He's not gaunt enough to be a meth head, me thinks. I bet the marks are from his assault on his mom, or a result of mental illness which often makes people pick at their faces, too.

I am also wondering about the time it took for 911 to get there. What a tragic end for a mom trying to help her son.

Eve

I'm telling you the US needs to use firing squads.
Maybe some of these murderers would think twice before harming others.
This creep killed him mom....right before Christmas.

I'm telling you the US needs to use firing squads.

OMG I can't believe you're saying that... I was about to post the exact same thing in a different thread. Well, you took the words right out of my mouth. :crazy:

I wonder the situation here.. was he living with his mother or there on a visitors pass from a hospital or group home or just visiting from normal life?

Sure doesn't sound like he was too stable ATM.. I wonder if he was recently released from the hospital or had a recent crisis or something or if this was his Norm.

Very sad!!

I don't see how he deserves a firing squad if he's truly mentally ill. Obviously there was enough documentation provided to the gov't so that he rec'd a monthly disability payment. Anyone that has gone through that knows it's like pulling teeth to get that kind of help.

Now, the 16 yr old kid that killed his mom because he couldn't play his video games? Maybe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back