OH - Ohio State University Rampage, 28 November 2016

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by Joe Friday, Nov 28, 2016.

1. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

Ohio has a sizeable Somali refugee population-- second only to Minneapolis. This article is from 2013:

http://www.10tv.com/article/terror-watch-list-suspects-have-central-ohio-ties

2. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

SABBM

Agreed.

How heartbreaking that people thought there might have been an accident or medical emergency.

Hoping for swift healing for the injured, physically and emotionally !!!

3. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

A lot of people do that. :)

4. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

Senator Tim Kaine was all too quick and content to tweet this out as "gun violence".

[video=twitter;803280422155104257]https://twitter.com/timkaine/status/803280422155104257[/video]

ETA: Perhaps we should call it "Jihadi butcher knife violence"? Jihadi Car Violence? Ideas? "Sudden Jihadi Syndrome" appears to be trending on the internet. It's no secret ISIS is instructing and urging lone wolf attacks using vehicles and knives. It's easily searched-- don't want to put those links here.

5. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

Small knife? It is described as a butcher's knife and it must be large for the witnesses to have called it a machete. jmo

6. AmyPond

AmyPond Well-Known Member

This was actually back in August, not a few weeks ago. (Not that the timeline really matter, but just wanted to clarify.) Sounds like he's had these few months to get super angry about this issue.

Who has referred to the officer shooting him as "gun violence?"

ETA - Just saw the posts above. I think Kaine is probably misinformed and thinks that the assailant had a gun.

7. bluesneakers

The fist reports said armed gunman. A lot of people thought that.

[video=twitter;803301570167373824]https://twitter.com/timkaine/status/803301570167373824[/video]

8. LietKynes

sorry double post and couldn't delete.

9. bluesneakers

I have the same question. The only gun violence references I saw were early on, when everyone believed it was an armed gunman on campus. The reporting in this case has been all over the place displace reporters being on the scene! And flying over with helicopters. I get it was confusing at first because it's so unusual, but it seemed like another case of "Get whatever we've got out there first."

10. CARIIS

CARIIS Spelling Bee Winner - Kindergarden!

So agree my dear -- this one was the wackest one I have ever done.

11. *Lash*

*Lash* Justice 4 Rebecca

It was an act of "car violence" and "butcher knife" violence. Glad there was an armed OSU police officer close by to stop this terrorist quickly.

12. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

I have a feeling these rants are specific, we'll see.

13. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

CNN still reporting the assailant was 18 years old :banghead:

14. LietKynes

Just that it almost seemed like a suicide style of attack-- like wanting to 'go out' in a hail of bullets. Imo.

15. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

Sounds like the car was driven into the crowd at a pretty high rate of speed to send bodies flying:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...o-state-university-incident-article-1.2889761

16. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

I also heard this was his first year.

17. bluesneakers

18. CARIIS

CARIIS Spelling Bee Winner - Kindergarden!

or..............
    total over reaction

lawsuits are expensive

if we go back through all the h#ll this nation has gone through 99.5% were overreaction, with hundreds of people standing around for hours and hours when the need for that was totally disproven.

If we think of every mass shooting in the first 8 minutes they unload

if that is not the case, do not send 185 people that are going into overtime on tax payers buck to stand around in circles and chat

Mass shootings are mass shootings in the first couple of minutes

The Ny bomber I get hundreds of cops standing around getting overtime- doing nothing, hours after hour.

This was contained within 95 seconds, everyone should have gone home

I know not a popular opinion, but history , sadly proves this out,

There was no doubt that Homes meant business, Elliot meant business ( he was dead yet Le stood there for 36 hours on overtime, sandy Hook he was dead, they all stood there for 48 hours on overtime, Charleston he was caught they all stood around for hours on overtime, the planned parent dude was in a location, hundreds stood around for a day and a half, on overtime.

Pulse he was dead, those folks stood around for a week, when I went down there two weeks later the police presence was unreal, they stood around chatting on overtime.

IMO during San Bern that deserved it. Pulse while it was happening deserved it.

Boston Marathon deserved it but at the end of the day it was a smoker who ended it!

The prison break out (Sweat) I gert that. The Canadian guy I get. The guy a few weeks ago who highjacked and killed everyone he got near - I get.

The Times Square guy was caught, and yet everyone stood around for weeks, on overtime.

IMO someone "loose" do it. When perp is dead go home. A private company would not pay overtime after the perp is dead.

Elliot was dead, why do we need 185 for a week in overtime doing nothing?

All just my perspective.

19. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

Suspect had just started at OSU but earned an Associates degree from a community college in Columbus last spring.

20. *Lash*

*Lash* Justice 4 Rebecca

Terrorism suspected in car-and-knife attack at Ohio State; student ID'd as assailant

Angshuman Kapil, a graduate student, was outside the building when the car barreled onto the sidewalk.

"It just hit everybody who was in front," he said. "After that everybody was shouting, 'Run! Run! Run!'"

Student Martin Schneider said he heard the car's engine revving.

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/nati...d-by-police-was-18-year-old-of-somali-descent