OH - Ohio State University Rampage, 28 November 2016

I only just turned on the conference. Did they update the status of the victims? Did they list the attackers actual age or give any new info about him?

An nbc article is saying that he ranted on social media before this.

I think the previous poster meant that it's lucky he didn't take multiple lives with this attack.

And I'm sure they are feeling lucky to be alive.

It says he's in his third year of college? At age 18?

Let's be clear here... he didn't take multiple lives because a Law Enforcement Officer shot and killed him within a minute of his attack. Not because knives don't kill.

Not directed at you Amy :)

I only just turned on the conference. Did they update the status of the victims? Did they list the attackers actual age or give any new info about him?

I missed the first few minutes but I did hear they expect all victims to have a full recovery :)

The officer who shot and killed him looks quite young. Thoughts are with him today. Obviously he did the right thing but I'm sure it still takes a toll on a person when they have to take the life of another while in the line of duty.

My guess would be that he is 20. And that he got an associates degree from CSCC in May (I believe those degrees typically take about 2 years.) Then he probably started at OSU this Fall to pursue a Bachelor's degree or something. (Just speculation.)

Different media reports say 18 or 20. I think 20 is accurate. Most Associate degrees take two years for a full-time student.

HI Till

In any story I can not stand it when govt people (mayors, governors, bla bla) waste our tax payers money going to press conferences.

We can regurgitate what they say before they do it , condolences, how awesome LE is barf barf.

Stay in your office and so some work!!

moo

I do not know why, for some reason, I do not think, that the swerve on the sidewalk was like Nice- on purpose- I think the fire alarm , which resulted in all these people being in the street, after a left turn just freaked him out.

I think he was just getting away, took a left off the road to AVOID all the people in the road.

It will be interesting to see what his on SM stuff

I do not think it was aiming. I can not go to this mass terrorist walking around with some butcher knife to kill in masses.

Ak47 I am there, a knife for a sirloin steak, just does not seem, IMO, like this mad bad terrorist.

There have been so many conflicting reports, I think , IMO the core is was the professor in the street, and a victim, of random stabbing strokes, or as it has been reported in some , inside a building.

To me that is huge, was that the only target, if he was injured in the wild stabbing attempts after the car crashed, that imo is different.

I think the fluoride and fire alarm were a coincidence.

If it turns out that he was attacked inside, to me, it seems like that was the "plan", and the fire alarm turned his world upside down.

We shall see huh??

just moo

An nbc article is saying that he ranted on social media before this.

I saw that. I wish we could track down his social media but I haven't been able to find anything.

Let's be clear here... he didn't take multiple lives because a Law Enforcement Officer shot and killed him within a minute of his attack. Not because knives don't kill.

Not directed at you Amy :)

A gun in 1 minute can typically do a lot more damage than a knife (see: Washington mall shooting) so I, personally, am thankful he didn't use one. I do wonder if he had any guns or any plans to use them though. I hope they soon reveal more info about this guy.

I think I read that the officer was there because of some sort of gas leak or something that was reported earlier. So it really is lucky he was in the right place at the right time.

Good lord...get this guy's age right already! During the conference, the guy said 20. Conference ends, and CNN reporter says he was 18. GRR!!!!!

I think the confusion is that he was in his 1st year at OSU so people assume 18 or something. I'd be surprised to hear he's not 20.

The Ohio State University paper, the Lantern, has an interview with Artan from a few weeks ago. Page 4. Artan is talking about being a Muslim and how hard it is to find someplace to pray on campus:

https://issuu.com/thelantern/docs/082516

Good lord...get this guy's age right already! During the conference, the guy said 20. Conference ends, and CNN reporter says he was 18. GRR!!!!!

I think the confusion is that he was in his 1st year at OSU so people assume 18 or something. I'd be surprised to hear he's not 20.

Hi

At this moment , well moments that have passed, my biggest question is how did this remain an active shooter for hours, after first responders were on the scene where people were run over by a motor vehicle

I have tried but I come up so empty

moo I think the media and officials endless comment about speed of response was cause everyone was 250 feet away from a fluorine leak, call, and fire alarm

the first folks there were fire dept officials cause of above mentioned, this was not this awesome response around this event only. They were next door cause of the initial, imo , at this point , totally separate, incident.

How did this red SUV stay in the story for so long? There were a bunch of witnesses and a crashed up silver Honda on scene for hours??

It's so touching to me that after his car jumped the curb and hit people that people asked him if he was okay, surely thinking it must be some horrible accident or medical emergency. Their kindness was repaid by him getting out of the car and stabbing people. Good riddance low life.

Hi

At this moment , well moments that have passed, my biggest question is how did this remain an active shooter for hours, after first responders were on the scene where people were run over by a motor vehicle

I have tried but I come up so empty............

There was other 911 calls going on students called in leads -a report of something suspicous incident in a parking garage.

NBC4 Columbus ‏@nbc4i [video=twitter;803352040562982912]https://twitter.com/nbc4i/status/803352040562982912[/video]
This is OSU police officer Alan Horujko. He stopped the stabbing suspect within a minute of the attack http://bit.ly/2gylFjl

I'm personally very thankful for this act of "gun violence". That young man saved lives, and is a hero.

ETA: But I won't at all be surprised if the media spin becomes that a white police officer shot an unarmed black man. I'm waiting for it.

I just worry about that officers face being shown, I always worry about them having a bounty put on them or something. But truly a hero who should be recognized for his fast action. I sadly wouldn't be surprise either if this turns into another debate about him using force too quickly. But I say great job.

I'm personally very thankful for this act of "gun violence". That young man saved lives, and is a hero.

ETA: But I won't at all be surprised if the media spin becomes that a white police officer shot an unarmed black man. I'm waiting for it.

Gun violence ? The officer shot a person with a weapon who had physically attacked others. The officer will have enough trauma without calling this "gun violence."

I think the studies show most officers who have to take a life do not do well emotionally.

There was other 911 calls going on students called in leads -a report of something suspicous incident in a parking garage.

Hi my Trigger

I have not "seen" you for a long time - how are you? You were so there for me when my Cari passed. It meant so much to me -TY.

as it was starting the fire alarm and the "leak" were the beginning IIRC. May be confused.We will see, we are going to find that there were resources on scene, solely for the fluorine leak at that time.

Police come with fire folks. the dispatch reports of the fluorine leak, IMO were a bit longer ahead of this starting than we know now.

A bunch of people being hurt by being run over remained unreported for hours.

The first report I heard when this part of the story was breaking was that fire fighters were the ones really there, when the other incident started.

Maybe I am confused.

IMO the most important things are the professor, where/when he was when stabbed. and the timeframe of the fluorine leak causing a response from fire dept , that is how it started was the fluorine leak -- resources were on scene for that, the other thing had not started yet.

that will put much of this in some perspective moo!

Does anyone know how to find out time of fire dept dispatch for the fluorine leak ? I don't know how.

imo those timings are really important?

IMO it is very relevant - cause it would lead to us being able to conclude that his left turn and there were a bunch of people in the road cause of the other thing in the road caught him off guard.

I agree getting out and swinging a small knife about is bizarre

I am just not sure where I would be if I just stabbed my professor , was trying to get away, and then I end up running over a bunch of people, and my car has crashed into a planter.............. escape is impossible

hopefully, we will find a real timeline as the two events are outlined

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer