OH - Ohio State University Rampage, 28 November 2016

It was an act of "car violence" and "butcher knife" violence. Glad there was an armed OSU police officer close by to stop this terrorist quickly.

I'm trying to find what it's been called in other cases and so far there doesn't seem to be one overall term. Just violence, or depending on the results vehicular homicide. Lakeisha Holloway's Las Vegas incident was referred to as "Sidewalk Rampage."

Weird there's no specific term for it yet.

Suspect had just started at OSU but earned an Associates degree from a community college in Columbus last spring.

Found this:

The suspect has been identified as Abdul Razak Ali Artan, who was a Logistics Management major in the College of Business at Ohio State. Police said they believe he was 18 years old. Records show he lived in western Franklin County. Records also show that he graduated with honors, with an associate's degree, from Columbus State Community College in May before transferring this semester to Ohio State.

He said the attacker drove a car into the courtyard. “It’s where we hold our ice cream socials and when something like this happens,”Anderson said.

One victim was struck so hard that the person flew into the air and landed on a hard surface.

Two victims with cuts and stab wounds were taken to OhioHealth Grant Medical Center. Two victims who were struck by the car were taken to OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital. It's unclear where the others were treated.

One woman was transported to a hospital by a Columbus fire medic with a gunshot wound to her foot, Fire Chief Kevin O'Connor said. The woman told medics she was running from the incident and called for help after reaching a safe place.

Jack Ouham owns the Hometown Market, which is just around the corner from where the suspect Artan lives. he said that Artan came in there once or twice a day and had lived in his apartment with his mother and six or seven siblings.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/11/28/active-shooter.html

As a military veteran, I had to pay out of state fees for graduate school, but I'm pretty sure this guy was given "free" or completely subsidized tuition for that associate's degree, and his enrollment at OSU so he could do something like this abhorrent attack. Stories like these make me sick. JMO.

Found this:

As a military veteran, I had to pay out of state fees for graduate school, but I'm pretty sure this guy was given "free" or completely subsidized tuition for that associate's degree, and his enrollment at OSU so he could do something like this abhorrent attack. Stories like these make me sick. JMO.

How long had he been in Ohio?

eta: As a military veteran I was allowed to pay in-state fees.
I'm not sure how long it takes to get residence in Ohio, obviously, but if he'd been there at least two years he'd been paying taxes and was eligible for in-state. Not defending him - just questioning.

I think we need a dash of levity!!

44f607edad345c7f60a2ea6916c8ac79.jpg

funnydogs0006_O.jpg

Hi Cariis come down to the basement and read the scanner thread!!

For members that don't about the basement -its a scanner thread and we are not allowed to discuss what we read on the scanner thread and discuss it here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...KING-NEWS!!!-Current-Scanner-Alerts-7/page905

I have never been able to figure out how it works. I have ended up on some where it is breaking.

but most of the time it sends you to a place I have no idea where I am , and have no clue how to get where I want to be!

I wish a mod would come on a thread and say here is the EXACT link for this story !!!

The link took me to 2013!!

Senator Tim Kaine was all too quick and content to tweet this out as "gun violence".

[video=twitter;803280422155104257]https://twitter.com/timkaine/status/803280422155104257[/video]

ETA: Perhaps we should call it "Jihadi butcher knife violence"? Jihadi Car Violence? Ideas? "Sudden Jihadi Syndrome" appears to be trending on the internet. It's no secret ISIS is instructing and urging lone wolf attacks using vehicles and knives. It's easily searched-- don't want to put those links here.
SABBM

Well , THAT one was funny. Not that any of this is amusing-- but a bit of levity helps.
Senator Kaine doesn't want to say it like it is. Smh. The perp did NOT jump out of the car shooting people.
:moo:

Still in the "rumor" category, but there are a number of sites saying that this assailant left some kind of written reason for why he did this. If true, I'm sure we will hear about it in a few days. I'm sure FBI is already combing thru his computer/s, phone, and online contacts.

He had a butcher knife in the car. That's enough "premeditation" and planning for me.

An nbc article is saying that he ranted on social media before this.
RSBM

It would be interesting to read what he ranted about.

The shooter(George Hennard) in the mass killing at the Denny's restaurant in Killeen, TX shouted something when he jumped out of his truck after crashing into the restaurant. He also wrote some disturbing letters before the attack. But you can't jail someone based on inflammatory letters , afaik.

Also trying to find out what--if anything-- he said when he got out of the car and started stabbing people.

If I can find something in msm I'll link it .

OFFICIALS INVESTIGATING ANTI-US FACEBOOK RANT BELIEVED LINKED TO OSU ATTACKER

Authorities are investigating an anti-U.S. rant posted on Facebook just minutes before the Ohio State University attack today that is believed to be linked to suspect Abdul Razak Ali Artan, sources told ABC News.

Appearing three minutes before the beginning of the rampage that left 11 people injured, the post reads: "I can't take it anymore. America! Stop interfering with other countries, especially the Muslim Ummah. We are not weak. We are not weak, remember that."

The post also invokes the name Anwar Al-Awlaki, a radical American-born al-Qaeda cleric, describing him as a "hero." Al-Awlaki was killed in 2011 but his propaganda has been linked to several domestic terrorist attacks in the years after his death.

http://abc7ny.com/news/officials-in...rant-believed-linked-to-osu-attacker/1629153/

If the now-deceased suspect was in his third year of studies, how could he be only 18? Wish media would get the age right :gaah: Sounds like he transferred to OSU this semester.

In theory, it could be possible. In our district HS students can 'dual enroll'--my son is a senior and takes a few college classes at a community college half the day. They fulfill his senior requirements for the parallel subject offered at HS level, and he earns the college credit. The student gets a grant from the state so it's another way to get college credits in high school (like taking AP classes) and the student doesn't have to pay tuition for the class. The state does. Some high-achieving students start dual enrollment classes as early as sophomore year in high school and can earn an associates degree by HS graduation.

Not sure if that's what he did, though...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ting-college-degrees-in-high-school/29846455/

How long had he been in Ohio?

eta: As a military veteran I was allowed to pay in-state fees.
I'm not sure how long it takes to get residence in Ohio, obviously, but if he'd been there at least two years he'd been paying taxes and was eligible for in-state. Not defending him - just questioning.

How do we know he was paying taxes? Was he employed?

............. suspect has been identified as Abdul Razak Ali Artan, who was a Logistics Management major in the College of Business at Ohio State. Police said they believe he was 18 years old.

Records show he lived in western Franklin County.

+...
Neighbors in the Havenwood Townhome complex on the West Side, where Artan reportedly lived, said police and the sheriff's office bomb squad have been there since shortly before 11 am., not long after the situation on campus occurred.

............ crime-scene tape surrounds the complex and officers reportedly are awaiting federal officials to search his apartment.
Earlier in the morning, the building had been evacuated because of a report of a gas leak. Authorities now say the leak likely had nothing to do with the attack.

Horujko said he had just cleared the scene from the gas-leak alarm when,

Jack Ouham owns the Hometown Market, which is just around the corner from where the suspect Artan lives.....

....... said that Artan came in there once or twice a day and had lived in his apartment with his mother and six or seven siblings.

........................."I don't know what made him act like that," Ouham said. "He don't drink. He don't smoke. He don't use narcotics. They're very nice people."

..............e said students told him that someone called in a fluorine leak in the building, which has lab facilities.

............ required during emergencies, the students congregated in the courtyard outside the building.

.............struck so hard that the person flew into the air and landed on a hard surface.

professor emeritus William Clark, was slashed in his lower leg by the attacker.

Many community colleges are feeders for the State Colleges, and yes, he could be 18 and going in with an Associates. My daughter started classes at the community college at 15, did dual enrollment junior and Sr. yr of HS. Graduated at 16 over 3/4 of her way to an associates degree and was at university at 17. Was technically a junior at 18 credit wise.

OFFICIALS INVESTIGATING ANTI-US FACEBOOK RANT BELIEVED LINKED TO OSU ATTACKER

Authorities are investigating an anti-U.S. rant posted on Facebook just minutes before the Ohio State University attack today that is believed to be linked to suspect Abdul Razak Ali Artan, sources told ABC News.

Appearing three minutes before the beginning of the rampage that left 11 people injured, the post reads: "I can't take it anymore. America! Stop interfering with other countries, especially the Muslim Ummah. We are not weak. We are not weak, remember that."

The post also invokes the name Anwar Al-Awlaki, a radical American-born al-Qaeda cleric, describing him as a "hero." Al-Awlaki was killed in 2011 but his propaganda has been linked to several domestic terrorist attacks in the years after his death.

http://abc7ny.com/news/officials-in...rant-believed-linked-to-osu-attacker/1629153/
SABBM

It appears we have a motive. Imo.

And who in the heck is the "Ummah" ? Is there more than one ?

So, because he felt America was 'interfering' with other countries... he attempted to take it out on people he may have sat and studied in classes, with. Ate with. Fellow classmates who may in the past have greeted him in the mornings.
Despicable.

How do we know he was paying taxes? Was he employed?

Does Ohio not have a sales tax?

eta:
(1) "Resident " shall mean any person who maintains a twelve-month place or places of residence in Ohio, who is qualified as a resident to vote in Ohio and receive state public assistance, and who may be subjected to tax liability under section 5747.02 of the Revised Code, provided such person has not, within the time prescribed by this rule, declared himself or herself to be or allowed himself or herself to remain a resident of any other state or nation for any of these or other purposes.

patient in critical condition was expected to survive.

unclear whether a fire alarm at that building earlier Monday was connected to the attack.

[FONT=&quot]campus video cameras showed Artan was alone in the car

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] too early to say whether it was a terrorist plot,

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Angshuman Kapil, a 25-year-old student, was waiting outside Ohio State’s Watts Hall with 50 or 60 other people who had left the building because of a fire alarm.

[/FONT]
https://article.wn.com/view/2016/11/28/officials_identify_ohio_state_attacker_as_student_at_the_sch/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back