OH - Ohio State University Rampage, 28 November 2016

I think that's a possibility. He was ready to snap and something about yesterday triggered him. IMO it doesn't seem planned or well thought out.

That is what I thought to. Bringing a knife from the kithchen really seems almost dumb.

Do we know if he ever got out of his car before he hit people ?

As I said yesterday, this is too close to home for me.

Ohio State attack: Champaign County man grabbed attacker’s knife

“Once he let off the gas pedal and the car came to a stop, I began to take a few steps toward the car to help people who were hit by the vehicle,” Payne said. “That’s when the individual got out with a knife and he attacked someone to my right. Then he turned to attack me and I grabbed the knife with my left hand, which gave me enough time to get under his arm and away from him.”

Rep Chaffetz said he will be getting the a file on the family to see how they came to be here.

For reference. Perspective. Knowledge.

Mass attacks, shootings, and terrorism might use different methods and the perpetrators might look different - but are their goals not the same?

And in the end who should we fear? Is deporting everyone the answer?

Looking at the statistics we can see no, that's not what will save us.

Those statistics are misleading. They are counting the number of incidents. Not the number of victims.

Mass attacks, shootings, and terrorism might use different methods and the perpetrators might look different - but are their goals not the same?

IDK about deporting but something has to be done with our vetting process. The past and current processes are not working IMO.

Not directed at you, katydid23 :seeya:, but I'm not sure why we need to see graphs on, or even discuss, mass shooting statistics and white men on this thread.

Yesterday's attack was neither a mass shooting, nor was it conducted by a white man.

Graphs and statistics on Muslim refugees/immigrants who committed terrorist acts/attacks on American soil and world-wide would be pertinent to this case, I'd think. Mass shootings and white men? :thinking:

:goodpost:

Statistics of mass shootings in the US have absolutely nothing to do with this case. Except as a straw man.

Fast-acting Ohio State officer praised for killing attacker

https://www.yahoo.com/news/quick-acting-ohio-state-officer-praised-killing-attacker-003634556.html

Officer Alan Horujko, who started on the university police force in January 2015, was responding to reports of a nearby gas leak when the car jumped a curb on campus at 9:52 a.m.

Horujko ordered the attacker, Abdul Razak Ali Artan, to drop the knife and then shot him when he didn't obey the command, university president Michael Drake said.

"The officer encountered the individual by 9:53 — the subject was neutralized by 9:53," Drake said, underscoring how quickly events unfolded.

Wonder if someone pulled the fire alarm because of the gas leak?

Discuss THIS crime. Going too broad, racially or politically will cause the thread to be closed for review.

I agree with others who think these "statistics" are completely irrelevant in this case. And really, those are kind of pointless, in general, if they are going to include things like gang violence and whatnot. It's really just not the same thing.

Was just trying to provide you with a link in response to your query. Perhaps i should have bolded that part for clarity.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?322572-Ohio-State-University-Rampage-28-November-2016&p=12964393#post12964393

bbm.

From article:
"The Somali refugee who unleashed a brutal slashing rampage at the Ohio State University that left 11 injured on Monday, is just 18 years old according to NBC.

But with his balding hair, mustache and goatee, Abdul Razak Ali Artan has the appearance of someone who could be much older.
Authorities have not yet verified the terror suspect's age - but it is possible pretending to be younger could have helped Artan's immigration status in the US. "

That's no surprise, it's in the refugee how-to handbook.

SABBM

For the most part, msm has been largely silent about this form of deception. DM is one of the few msm sites to report on the anomalies in ages of refugees compared to their true ages/appearances.

Artan did not look like an 18 year old. wonder what else he may have been hiding-- aside from his final, atrocious acts ?
IF his education was being financed by person(s) other than himself-- who was it ?
Many questions that need to be answered.

The thought that America is funding its' own destruction through the taxpayers themselves is disturbing !
:moo:

Was just trying to provide you with a link in response to your query. Perhaps i should have bolded that part for clarity.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?322572-Ohio-State-University-Rampage-28-November-2016&p=12964393#post12964393

bbm.

Yes and I hit the thank you button for giving me more info. And that info helped show me that the graphs someone previously posted are just skewed to show whatever "facts" the person who created them wanted. Those graphs from earlier are what I am saying are pointless. Not the extended info you gave me. You were just the last piece of that conversation which is why you were quoted.

CARIIS here's an explanation from the professor. Sounds like he might've tried to go back in the building after he was hit by the car.

Abdul Razak Ali Artan, the attacker, had rammed his car into the crowd and he struck a large concrete barrier. Artan then exited the vehicle and started attacking students, the professor said. Clark, who had been clipped by the attacker’s vehicle and slammed to the ground, got up and started to get to the building quickly, he said.

more at link http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/news/reports-of-active-shooter-at-ohio-state/ntFc9/

Columbus Somali leader on attack: 'The timing is not good'

"The timing is not good," Hassan, 54, said in reference to the country's increasingly intensified anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim fears. "We are black. We are Muslim. We are Somali. We are all the negative stigmas."

Hassan sat in the lobby of the Somali Community Association offices upstairs and around the back of a 1970s-era strip mall on Cleveland Avenue. He said the office is the first stop for people arriving from the east African nation who are seeking an apartment, a job lead or a decent school for the children.

In the past few years, the large Somali refugee community in central Ohio has come under increased scrutiny over concerns that ISIS sympathizers could be hiding there.

Hassan knows members of the suspect's family. He spoke with them at 3 p.m. Monday.

"They said the U.S. officials came this morning and got his mother and siblings," Hassan said.

"We do not have a spike in crime," Hassan said. "But we are human beings. We might have a couple of bad actors, like any community does. Crime is everywhere. Criminals are everywhere. Punish the individual, not the entire community. We do not want to get a bad label because of an individual."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...omali-leader-attack-timing-not-good/94561840/

I understand what Mr. Hassan meant by "the timing is not good", but that was an incredibly insensitive, rude comment to make. (As if, maybe next week would have been better??) I'm going to try very hard to give him the benefit of the doubt, that perhaps he is not fully fluent in English.

But I can't help but notice that this "community leader" had not a single word of condemnation for radical ideology and radical islamic violence. He's trying to pretend that this is just "one bad actor", and that this act of terror was "just a crime" like a theft or robbery. As we've seen before in so many other cases, complete denial of the radical ideology. It's apparently far easier to just pretend that there is some undeserved "stigma" being furthered by the media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back