VERDICT WATCH OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one was odd & niggles at my brain. Jake said he broke the tip trying to pry open the back door at Frankie’s yet we can clearly see it isn’t broken. So why did he bury it in concrete with the rest of the evidence? Is there something else about this knife Jake forgot to mention?

For me, the strongest evidence against George comes from his own testimony. Inconsistencies. Nothing major, but all together. Too bad the defense didn’t recall prosecution witnesses. Tabby, for example. Even Jake. I get why they didn’t though.

The defense does not have to prove anything. George is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
They have to defend him, that's why it's called defense. I mean I guess in a way you're right, they can do nothing to prove that the prosecution is wrong and he'll be convicted. Because eyewitnesses and circumstantial evidence are accepted in our legal system.

All they had to do was come up with a reason why Jake and Angela would hate George so much that they'd want him to rot in jail for the rest of his life.

They have to defend him, that's why it's called defense. I mean I guess in a way you're right, they can do nothing to prove that the prosecution is wrong and he'll be convicted. Because eyewitnesses and circumstantial evidence are accepted in our legal system.

All they had to do was come up with a reason why Jake and Angela would hate George so much that they'd want him to rot in jail for the rest of his life.
I don’t think they need to show Angela hated George. We know she cared more about herself than anyone. She threw George under the bus to save herself. JMO.

Wonder what the defense will say in closing. Maybe offer something at this point?

The defense was good, not leaving any opening for the prosecution to bring questions on that night and what happened at UHR.

But by itself doesn’t really prove anything.
IMO, it puts him right smack in the middle of the conspiracy. We know she bought the shoes for Jake and George because that was her story when confronted in Montana. She said she threw them away because they didn’t like them. George was waiting in the car while she made the purchase.

People can make all the excuses they want trying to provide reasons George didn’t have know about the shoes, that’s fine. The evidence shows he was waiting in the car when she made the purchase. That’s all the jury needs to know. He was there.

IMO, it puts him right smack in the middle of the conspiracy. We know she bought the shoes for Jake and George because that was her story when confronted in Montana. She said she threw them away because they didn’t like them. George was waiting in the car while she made the purchase.

People can make all the excuses they want trying to provide reasons George didn’t have know about the shoes, that’s fine. The evidence shows he was waiting in the car when she made the purchase. That’s all the jury needs to know. He was there.
Idk, they shop together. Or George was with her on the shopping trip. Doesn’t prove he knew what she bought that day. It just doesn’t. I agree, it supports conspiracy: the family does everything/goes everywhere together.

I don’t think they need to show Angela hated George. We know she cared more about herself than anyone. She threw George under the bus to save herself. JMO.

Wonder what the defense will say in closing. Maybe offer something at this point?

The defense was good, not leaving any opening for the prosecution to bring questions on that night and what happened at UHR.
I noticed you didn't mention Jake. That would have to come first since he started it all. Why did he hate George? And where's the evidence? He confessed and told BCI exactly how the entire family was involved. So why did he include George if he knew nothing?

Angela confessed 2nd and corroborated what Jake said.

And the defense really wasn't good at all, they didn't debunk anything the prosecution brought up against George.

Which lie is more believable?

Angela bought the shoes and the boys hated them, so she threw them away.

George saying he never saw them.

Why would she buy the shoes and not show George his pair? We know she bought them.

Edit... I tried getting the screenshot I mentioned but it doesn't work with the pause button covering the picture. We know George was there, if we watched the trial.

I noticed you didn't mention Jake. That would have to come first since he started it all. Why did he hate George? And where's the evidence? He confessed and told BCI exactly how the entire family was involved. So why did he include George if he knew nothing?

And the defense really wasn't good at all, they didn't debunk anything the prosecution brought up against George.
IMO, I’m not sure Jake even knows what happened that night. I think his written confession was made to corroborate with what the prosecution had evidence of. Supports multiple statements and proffers until the State got what they needed. Angie presumably wasn’t there so her testimony didn’t have to agree with Jake’s. IMO the State wanted all four or no deal.

The defense had a ho-hum presentation but they did have a remarkable ending. They caught prosecution off guard by putting George on the stand. They intentionally didn’t get any where near the murders, effectively blocking the prosecution from doing so. It was a slick move. Prosecution underestimated the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam