OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have links to back it up..but…believe James (bless him) was drawn into investigation by two things.
1) Being among the first at the murder scenes.
2) As Angela was supposed to be texting from the boy’s phones, she may have inadvertently texted James Manley from Jake’s phone thinking she was texting James Rhoten? NOTE: We never did get confirmation on the alleged text, it was something Leonard mentioned.

The timeline is very close together as to when BCI SA Scheiderer spotted the shell casing at Peterson Rd and the two agents going to Manley’s to remove the tracker from James’s truck (although it had been destroyed) Both of those two things happed almost simultaneously.

Spotting that shell casing was pure luck. Had it happened any other time, had it been a different agent, had Scheiderer parked or stood anywhere else in that driveway, the killers may have never been found, there may have never been arrests, there may have never been confessions or this guilty verdict. Right time, right place. Pure luck put Scheiderer there and that one shell secured the search warrants leading investigators to the shoe receipts, and so on. Simply incredible.
BBM YES! I recall this also and some of the comments about her texting that guy and then the questions from defense to James about if he got a text from Jake that night.. I think he said he had no minutes left or something like that so if a text did get sent it likely didn't get received by him is my guess, but I do think Angela was supposed to text the other James and maybe in Jake's phone she just found James and sent it.. Maybe James M would be before James R in his contact list in his phone?

Thanks for posting this! The one I saw yesterday cut off early so I didn't see the last 10 minutes or so until this one. I know many were annoyed about the repetitive things and the testimony that kept coming up that was only Jake and Angela. I always thought it was to really hammer home how they all operated. Just because George was not smack dab in every conversation, doesn't mean he wasn't there. Just like Billy, he didn't even live in that house, but he was there. I think seeing how they have always operated was key because this wasn't a one time spur of the moment crime they committed. They had a pattern and they really were for lack of a better word "cult". Nobody was able to enter that family and become part of the core group. It was always the 4 of the against the world.

I found it interesting the prosecution said they expected George to testify because the defense wasn't able to refute what was presented any other way. I could see that too. I think the moment they called him was a shock to everyone because it seemed there were not going to be witnesses that day, but then they called him. So I think that was the surprise. Look at who the defense subpoenaed. Then look at who was called before George. They really were more like character witnesses and not anyone that could refute what was presented. Then their expert I think was a big fail. I would be upset if I were him.. he wasn't given all the evidence or information needed to even make an accurate assessment at Chris Sr house. I don't know if that was on purpose or an oversight, but it sure didn't look good for them. So the only choice they had was George.

Again, this case was not a matter of did George shoot Chris with that SKS or was it Jake. I think those charges were all related to one another also. They didn't need to decide each one individually based on all evidence. I think once they voted on one of the murder charges, then they likely were able to say he was guilty of all charges. So those questioning how it was so quick or if they took it seriously.. I don't think it was a matter of sitting down to hash out all 22 charges.. I mean even the murder charges.. if they thought he was involved, then it'so complicated guilty on all 8 and then the conspiracy and burglary it , etc.
Agree and some of us we’re trying to point that out, that it really was not complicated. Some others wanted to pick the fly poo out of the pepper. The 4 planned it, committed it and tried to cover it up.

I don’t have links to back it up..but…believe James (bless him) was drawn into investigation by two things.
1) Being among the first at the murder scenes.
2) As Angela was supposed to be texting from the boy’s phones, she may have inadvertently texted James Manley from Jake’s phone thinking she was texting James Rhoten? NOTE: We never did get confirmation on the alleged text, it was something Leonard mentioned.

The timeline is very close together as to when BCI SA Scheiderer spotted the shell casing at Peterson Rd and the two agents going to Manley’s to remove the tracker from James’s truck (although it had been destroyed) Both of those two things happed almost simultaneously.

Spotting that shell casing was pure luck. Had it happened any other time, had it been a different agent, had Scheiderer parked or stood anywhere else in that driveway, the killers may have never been found, there may have never been arrests, there may have never been confessions or this guilty verdict. Right time, right place. Pure luck put Scheiderer there and that one shell secured the search warrants leading investigators to the shoe receipts, and so on. Simply incredible.
Regarding that "pure luck": it reminds me of the saying "luck is preparation meets opportunity." In this case, we have a gifted, professional investigator (preparation) in the same space as important forensic evidence (opportunity).

I was looking at the docket for Billy and George just to see if there was anything new today. I looked at the Civil case also and it reminded me to ask if that case is on hold until the criminal cases are all done? I see it was Tony Rhoden filed on behalf of the victims. Is that for the Wagner assets or something else? I am not sure where to find the paperwork regarding that filing since I only see what is listed on the court site with the court dates and various filings listed, but I don't see a way to look at the actual documents. Does anyone know more about this? Civil case was filed on November 10, 2020 against all 4 W's plus Fredericka and Rita.

BBM YES! I recall this also and some of the comments about her texting that guy and then the questions from defense to James about if he got a text from Jake that night.. I think he said he had no minutes left or something like that so if a text did get sent it likely didn't get received by him is my guess, but I do think Angela was supposed to text the other James and maybe in Jake's phone she just found James and sent it.. Maybe James M would be before James R in his contact list in his phone?

IIRC, they were messages via Facebook Messenger. James was out of minutes on his phone. When that happened, he usually switched to Messenger. A lot of locals also said they used it because cell phone service was sketchy out there.

True, if Angela sent a text to JM's number, he wouldn't have gotten it for quite a while.

Prosecution touched on this very little. It barely registered in the BCI testimony. I wish they had been a little clearer about what happened.

BTW, the placing of the GPS device on James Manley's vehicle (April 22, 2017) came several weeks before the search of the Peterson Rd farm (May 12, 2017)

Also, why did BCI originally say they placed the GPS tracker on James Manley's truck because the truck was related a case of aggravated murder? It wasn't.

Here's some of the timeline:

Thursday, April 13, 2017

PCSO/BCI conduct an audio interview with Jake Wagner

https://local12.com/news/local/jake-wagner-appears

Friday, April 21, 2017

Rhoden family members plead with public for tips to solve murders
https://www.dispatch.com/news/20170...members-plead-for-tips-to-solve-massacre-of-8

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Pike County LE place a GPS tracking device on truck owned by James Manley, brother of Dana Manley Rhoden. LE claims it was placed there because the truck was related to an aggravated murder case

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/

Friday, April 28, 2017

11:35 am
- James Manley finds and removes tracking device and destroys it

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with Jake and Angela Wagner

https://local12.com/news/local/jake...rt-some-evidence-turned-over-to-his-attorneys

Approx. May 5, 2017

Jacob Wagner asks ___ Brown if he can store some trailers on his property. He tells him his farm is sold and he and his brother have found good paying jobs up north and are moving there. He needs to move out of farm for new owners. JW drops off 3 trailers at the Brown property a week before the search

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

Monday, May 8, 2017

PCSO/BCI conducts audio interview with George Wagner III

https://local12.com/news/local/jake...rt-some-evidence-turned-over-to-his-attorneys

Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Jake Wagner stopped his activities related to intercepting, wire, oral or electronic communications, per Count 20 of his Indictment

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments.aspx
May 10, 2017
BCI search at 260 Peterson Rd

May 5 - May 12, 2017
Sometime after dropping off 3 trailers loaded with furniture and personal possessions, Jacob Wagner and family leave the area. Later posts on FB show photos of them in a location resembling areas in Alaska or Canada.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Abt 11 am
- PCSO, BCI, Adams County SO, Ohio Dept. of Corrections STAR and other Ohio LE agencies conduct a search at properties related to Jacob Wagner & family.

260 Peterson Rd, Peebles, OH - farm formerly owned by Wagner's parents, where JW resided with his mother, father, brother, daughter Sophia Rhoden Wagner and daughter of his brother George

Unlimited Motors, St Hwy 41, Peebles, OH - Auto repair business and farm of ___ Brown, friend of J Wagner.
Ibid

Last edited:
IIRC, they were messages via Facebook Messenger. James was out of minutes on his phone. When that happened, he usually switched to Messenger. A lot of locals also said they used it because cell phone service was sketchy out there.

True, if Angela sent a text to JM's number, he wouldn't have gotten it for quite a while.

Prosecution touched on this very little. It barely registered in the BCI testimony. I wish they had been a little clearer about what happened.

BTW, the placing of the GPS device on James Manley's vehicle (April 22, 2017) came several weeks before the search of the Peterson Rd farm (May 12, 2017)

Also, why did BCI originally say they placed the GPS tracker on James Manley's truck because the truck was related a case of aggravated murder? It wasn't.

Here's some of the timeline:

Thursday, April 13, 2017

PCSO/BCI conduct an audio interview with Jake Wagner

https://local12.com/news/local/jake-wagner-appears

Friday, April 21, 2017

Rhoden family members plead with public for tips to solve murders
https://www.dispatch.com/news/20170...members-plead-for-tips-to-solve-massacre-of-8

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Pike County LE place a GPS tracking device on truck owned by James Manley, brother of Dana Manley Rhoden. LE claims it was placed there because the truck was related to an aggravated murder case

Friday, April 28, 2017

11:35 am
- James Manley finds and removes tracking device and destroys it

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with Jake and Angela Wagner

Approx. May 5, 2017

Jacob Wagner asks ___ Brown if he can store some trailers on his property. He tells him his farm is sold and he and his brother have found good paying jobs up north and are moving there. He needs to move out of farm for new owners. JW drops off 3 trailers at the Brown property a week before the search

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

Monday, May 8, 2017

PCSO/BCI conducts audio interview with George Wagner III

Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Jake Wagner stopped his activities related to intercepting, wire, oral or electronic communications, per Count 20 of his Indictment

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments.aspx
May 10, 2017
BCI search at 260 Peterson Rd

May 5 - May 12, 2017
Sometime after dropping off 3 trailers loaded with furniture and personal possessions, Jacob Wagner and family leave the area. Later posts on FB show photos of them in a location resembling areas in Alaska or Canada.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Abt 11 am
- PCSO, BCI, Adams County SO, Ohio Dept. of Corrections STAR and other Ohio LE agencies conduct a search at properties related to Jacob Wagner & family.

260 Peterson Rd, Peebles, OH - farm formerly owned by Wagner's parents, where JW resided with his mother, father, brother, daughter Sophia Rhoden Wagner and daughter of his brother George

Unlimited Motors, St Hwy 41, Peebles, OH - Auto repair business and farm of ___ Brown, friend of J Wagner.
Ibid
Now compare those dates to James being arrested for destroying the GPS (on 5/12 after agents went to retrieve the tracker) and the charges being dropped.

I was looking at the docket for Billy and George just to see if there was anything new today. I looked at the Civil case also and it reminded me to ask if that case is on hold until the criminal cases are all done? I see it was Tony Rhoden filed on behalf of the victims. Is that for the Wagner assets or something else? I am not sure where to find the paperwork regarding that filing since I only see what is listed on the court site with the court dates and various filings listed, but I don't see a way to look at the actual documents. Does anyone know more about this? Civil case was filed on November 10, 2020 against all 4 W's plus Fredericka and Rita.

Actual Documents:

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A man who lost several relatives in the killings of eight people in southern Ohio four years ago filed a wrongful death lawsuit Tuesday against the suspects, saying he wants to be sure none of them receive financial gain from the crime.

“In my eyes, why should someone benefit from destroying other people’s lives?”

Uploaded by WOSU-TV Public Media

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221201-143242.png
    Screenshot_20221201-143242.png
    417.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20221201-142532.png
    Screenshot_20221201-142532.png
    245.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20221201-142612.png
    Screenshot_20221201-142612.png
    367.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20221201-142727.png
    Screenshot_20221201-142727.png
    342.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20221201-142754.png
    Screenshot_20221201-142754.png
    359.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20221201-142814.png
    Screenshot_20221201-142814.png
    338.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20221201-142833.png
    Screenshot_20221201-142833.png
    373.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20221201-142852.png
    Screenshot_20221201-142852.png
    417.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20221201-142918.png
    Screenshot_20221201-142918.png
    389.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20221201-143014.png
    Screenshot_20221201-143014.png
    636.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
If BW goes to trial, he needs to ask for a change of venue, in GW trial all the jurors were from Polk County so they possibly knew some of the victims' families and friends, they were from the community and they had to return to the community, GW was never going to be found G by a jury who lived in the community where the crimes were committed,

Actual Documents:

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A man who lost several relatives in the killings of eight people in southern Ohio four years ago filed a wrongful death lawsuit Tuesday against the suspects, saying he wants to be sure none of them receive financial gain from the crime.

“In my eyes, why should someone benefit from destroying other people’s lives?”

Uploaded by WOSU-TV Public Media

Only the Rhoden victims, I sure hope someone does for Dana and Hannah Hazel

This has probably been discussed previously but regarding the arsons committed by the Wagner’s, at least 3 I think, I’m surprised these crimes were not investigated by insurance investigators. Instead, the insurance companies just kept paying? Very odd.

Only the Rhoden victims, I sure hope someone does for Dana and Hannah Hazel

All of the victims are covered in the lawsuit. It says right here, see attachment.
Tony is the estate administrator for Chris SR, Chris JR, Frankie and Hanna. Each of the other 4 victims have different estate administrators. Those 4 different estate administrators are referred to as John Doe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221201-143242.png
    Screenshot_20221201-143242.png
    417.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
If BW goes to trial, he needs to ask for a change of venue, in GW trial all the jurors were from Polk County so they possibly knew some of the victims' families and friends, they were from the community and they had to return to the community, GW was never going to be found G by a jury who lived in the community where the crimes were committed,
There is no Polk County in Ohio. I’m confused by your last sentence. GW 4 was just found guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow