OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moo-

GW4 was combative on the stand. Like i said b4, he was sparring with AC. Avoiding. Denying. Skirting. Not remembering. Giving 1 word answers when he easily couldve elaborated. Acting aloof. His eyes were harsh. His brow was furrowed. Aggressive. No compassion. Not 1oz of empathy. Like he was trying to beat Canepa, not clear his name. Not the behavior of an innocent person and i dont care what u think of LE or how uve been treated for the last 4-6 years, when ur facing the DP and ur family is supposedly trying to frame u ...if it was me and i was innocent, id be crying, pleading, begging, to the judge, the jury, the audience, the lawyers. They probly would have to get rid of me coz i wouldnt be able to be quiet! The jury saw this as we all did. I saw and felt it over the tv, the jury were sitting feet away. Im betting they discarded JW and AW testimony and went with just GW4's. Innocent people dont act like that.

For those of u that think he is innocent- how do u think he will behave come impact statement time? My prediction- hang his head and ignore as much as he can, because he doesnt know how to act innocent because hes not. Acting innocent and telling the truth is the easiest thing in the world.

I owe, I owe, so off to work i go.

Jmo I’m glad the family feels some peace, but the state in my opinion was not responsible for the conviction of George. It was just what I said, Jake took away the ability for people to decide his fate and so the jury used George to feel like the Wagner’s were punished. Jmo
If i was a jury member id find this comment very offensive-_-

If Billy really flipped out like JW said, after CRsr was dead. I bet FW could read her son well enough, to Know something was not right with his behavior. Nightmares, not sleeping, more then normal drug use. But something he could not hide from her, made even RW?
Didn't they say George was having nightmares?

Does anyone remember which one was filing something about Jail House Snitches?

I thought it might be from nightmares.

As for giving a truck to his niece, I would say this was out of Billy normal behavior. I bet he always wanted his share from Mommy, and half of RW.

All My opinions!
JW was the one who put in that motion

RBBM
As AC put it at some point “All kinds of mysteries“.. I usually dislike it when witnesses are mocked on the stand, but this makes me laugh to this day.
That was great! All kinds if mysteries indeed. Then she also said so everyone is lying, except you? He says something like not lying, they are mistaken. Then she goes through all the things he said about different women including Sophia.

Then when asked why he didn't talk when he got to the car after the Montana interview, he says they were worried about Vine because Sophia said they gave them the sleepy kool aid. Well Jake and Sophia didn't come out to the car for an hour after George and Vine did. So how was he worried about what Sophia said when Sophia wasn't in the car until Jake was an hour after George and Vine? So they did sit there for an hour without discussing what just happened.

I re-watched the post verdict presser yesterday. A reporter asked what was "the thing", "when did it start coming together that it was the Wagners"?. AC said "September of 16" then someone chimed in about the May 12, 17 raid on Peterson & they all became animated over those discoveries. They never went back to what happened in Sept.

I have racked my brain to try to remember what happened in September of 16. Was it the discrepancies in the custody discussions where Hanna's family said there was trouble but Jake claimed it was all good between them? That's all I can think of.

Anyone else here have a better memory than me? TIA

I re-watched the post verdict presser yesterday. A reporter asked what was "the thing", "when did it start coming together that it was the Wagners"?. AC said "September of 16" then someone chimed in about the May 12, 17 raid on Peterson & they all became animated over those discoveries. They never went back to what happened in Sept.

I have racked my brain to try to remember what happened in September of 16. Was it the discrepancies in the custody discussions where Hanna's family said there was trouble but Jake claimed it was all good between them? That's all I can think of.

Anyone else here have a better memory than me? TIA
They interviewed Billy in Sept of 2016. That interview in the car where he was saying something was bothering Chris Sr the week before the murders. He didn't know anything, but then he knew about this drug person and that drug person, etc. It was something in there I believe that was a red flag. I can't recall if Billy also said there was no custody issue in that interview as well, but at that point BCI had seen some things indicating there was some custody issues.

They interviewed Billy in Sept of 2016. That interview in the car where he was saying something was bothering Chris Sr the week before the murders. He didn't know anything, but then he knew about this drug person and that drug person, etc. It was something in there I believe that was a red flag. I can't recall if Billy also said there was no custody issue in that interview as well, but at that point BCI had seen some things indicating there was some custody issues.
Ahhh...Thank you! I may listen to that again. It is painful but not nearly as painful as those first wiretaps.

If i didnt work so much id be able to answer this myself, but which property was signed to JW and GW4 to skip inheritance taxes? I seem to remember GW3 and AW being skipped and it went straight to the boys. Was it Flying W? If so, does FW hold life estate? All very interesting.

Lord let it be that the wagner empire ends up in the hands of Rhodens and Gilleys
I think it was Peterson Road farm.

Thanks. I'll enter that into the original timeline. Interesting that the interview with Billy was never reported in the news media. Not all of them were.

Here are some other things that happened around then from the old timeline

August 2016

Jacob Wagner, father of Hanna Rhoden's older daughter, lists his family farm for sale. Location is 260 Peterson Rd, Peebles, OH

Sometime after murders and before May 2017 raid on Wagner properties, it is determined through testing that JW is not the father of Hanna Rhoden's second child.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

Monday, August 8, 2016

Columbus Dispatch files lawsuit against Pike County Coroner’s office saying it is improperly withholding final autopsy results.

Coroner, attorney general refuse to release final autopsies in Pike County killings

Friday, September 9, 2016

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with George Wagner III

Jake Wagner appears in court, some evidence turned over to his attorneys

September 16, 2016

BCI Conducts Interview with Billy Wagner in Kroger parking lot

Friday, September 23, 2016

Ohio AG releases heavily redacted final autopsy reports

Ohio AG releases redacted Rhoden autopsy reports

Attorney General releases heavily redacted Pike County autopsy reports

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with Angela Wagner

Ibid

The more I think on Billy being a prepper, I think it had more to do with his fear LE would catch up to them for all the crimes they had been committing.. burying money, prepping and what was it a trailer he buried too? Maybe in case they needed to go off the grid not because of like end times, but because literally they might need to hide out from LE.

Best photo of Billy's scorpion tattoo is in this article. I didn't know a scorpion was mentioned in Boondock Saints.

George Wagner III got a scorpion tattoo on his hand about two months after the Rhoden family was killed, jurors learned in the murder trial of George Wagner IV. The fable of the scorpion and the frog – wherein the trusting frog is killed by the scorpion – was depicted in Boondocks Saints 2, a movie with gun violence with parallels to the Rhoden homicides.

Following Wagner IV’s conviction this week, officials acknowledged the trial to come.

“We got one more to go,” said Al Lewis, who led the Pike County Sheriff’s Office involvement in the case. “He’s next. And we’re going to win that one too.”

Asked who would prosecute Billy Wagner, Special Prosecutor Angela Canepa said, “I’m not going anywhere.” Canepa has led the case since 2016, first for the Ohio attorney general’s office and since mid-2020 under appointment by Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk.

Fellow Special Prosecutor D. Andrew Wilson said Thursday he’d soon talk with Gov. Mike DeWine about his next priorities. The former Clark County prosecutor has been senior adviser for criminal justice policy in the DeWine administration since the start of 2019.

Junk, meanwhile, will take over for retiring Judge Randy Deering on Feb. 9 – with a new county prosecutor yet to be appointed and the venue for Billy Wagner’s trial in question.

Junk would not likely hear the case since he prosecuted Wagner IV. Deering could handle it – in Pike County or elsewhere – by appointment of the Ohio Supreme Court's chief justice.

I agree with your analogy. And for me, GW’s own testimony sealed it for me. He confidently bragged about their family’s dysfunctional dynamic beginning in their early years in terms of being a “unit,” with the 4 of them involved and in the know of every decision and crime. He disparaged Jake for being too honest, an introvert, and more inclined to stay inside and play video games instead of hunt, kill, drink, chase girls, and party. He boasted about coming to blows with his father multiple times. His unpredictable and irrational rage spoke volumes on the recordings, as did his disdain for his family during testimony. He had an incredible memory for detail going back 20 years….except when it came to the murders. His body language clearly indicated every attempt at deception: when he made a true statement (in his mind, at least), he maintained eye contact and usually had a wry expression or even a slight smirk and often threw in a side of humor. This strongly contrasted with his demeanor when he wanted to conceal the truth or some aspect of his feelings: he then looked down and hid behind his eyelids. JMHO
I agree. It seems any time he asked a question related to his involvement in the murders he would look down and close his eyes. totally agree.

Thanks. I'll enter that into the original timeline. Interesting that the interview with Billy was never reported in the news media. Not all of them were.

Here are some other things that happened around then from the old timeline

August 2016

Jacob Wagner, father of Hanna Rhoden's older daughter, lists his family farm for sale. Location is 260 Peterson Rd, Peebles, OH

Sometime after murders and before May 2017 raid on Wagner properties, it is determined through testing that JW is not the father of Hanna Rhoden's second child.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

Monday, August 8, 2016

Columbus Dispatch files lawsuit against Pike County Coroner’s office saying it is improperly withholding final autopsy results.

Coroner, attorney general refuse to release final autopsies in Pike County killings

Friday, September 9, 2016

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with George Wagner III

Jake Wagner appears in court, some evidence turned over to his attorneys

September 16, 2016

BCI Conducts Interview with Billy Wagner in Kroger parking lot

Friday, September 23, 2016

Ohio AG releases heavily redacted final autopsy reports

Ohio AG releases redacted Rhoden autopsy reports

Attorney General releases heavily redacted Pike County autopsy reports

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with Angela Wagner

Ibid

Nevermind! I already had it in the old timeline. Today, I mistakenly read George III as George IV. Old age setting in.

It appears the first time the public was aware of Billy's interview was when it was listed in a batch of discovery documents filed by the state in December 2018, right after the arrests.
;)

There was a lot going on back then. Both Rita Newcomb and Fredericka Wagner had been arrested with the other 4 Wagners. Everyone was being arraigned, indictments made public, etc. We were trying to figure out where each of the 6 was incarcerated, who their legal teams were and all the charges filed in each. IIRC, BCI was still doing a couple more searches.

Last edited:

Family history, a good read.
Yes, one of the really good in-depth stories from Chris Graves. At that time, she was reporting for the Cincinnati Enquirer. She became fairly close to the surviving family members and later had a couple of good interviews with the Wagners. She even followed them to Alaska, trying to cover the story.

one opinion the trial has left me with is if GW had left the family the murders would still have happened,
I agree. And he wouldn't be facing prison. I've thought about that many, many times. I can almost understand what Tony Chosen said about feeling sorry for him - because he's human. I think Jake and his mother are too far gone for me to think about them in human terms. I have no pity or sorrow for them. I'm sad for George that he didn't leave before it came to murder but I hold him accountable for not leaving the minute he found out, whenever that was. There's just no way he didn't know prior to his arrest. No. Way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.