OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he's an attorney, office in Waverly, OH. Attended South Texas College of Law in Houston.

Bruce R. Dailey - Lawyer in Waverly, Ohio (OH) Pike County - legaldirectories.com

https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/45690-oh-bruce-dailey-44346.html

Or are you saying as an attorney he could have someone in his office notarize them? Seems he should have been able to pick up on the fishy stuff that was going on with these custody/guardianship documents.

Also odd that he apparently didn't cooperate with LE or prosecutors. He only replied to RN's defense attorney's subpoena.

He is a notary. https://notarysearch.ohiosos.gov/ords/f?p=ENSEARCH:SEARCH:13032981909469::NO:RP::

I only recall a GoFund me set up for the baby, but later JW comments that legal fees took up most of the donations. It was speculated at that point that he had obtained a lawyer prior to the murders. I'm only going on memory here, but 60k in legal fees things a bell. But I only remember speculation concerning when the lawyer was hired.

The way I see this, it may get RN off on the forgery charge, but it only bolsters the case against the W4. Why hire a lawyer if HR was so agreeable about the whole ordeal? And why create documents to give JW custody in the event of HW's death? BMWOT, hiring a lawyer screams resistance from HR concerning turning over custody. And if he was hired months before the murders, it's only more circumstantial evidence against the W4. I don't see this as a hit to the state's case at all.
That's a very good point.

As curious to me is that JW supposedly didn't use the Wagner's long time attorney Clark to draft these documents. I wonder why?

If there had been an amicable arrangement/agreement between JW and HMR, certainly most attorney's could draft those simple documents, so why wasn't Clark used?

Wait, weren't the documents in question loaded from a Texas site????
<modsnip: derogatory name changes not allowed>

We really don't know what routes Jake and George drove in their Semi. We also don't exactly know what they were hauling or who was paying them....
For that matter, what happened to the semi, was it sold?

Last edited by a moderator:
All attorneys are able to notarize, and are able to witness signatures on greater complexities of docs than can notaries. Notaries are there to pick up the slack.

Would he accept a document that had been notarized by RN?

When the Wags went to Hanna and tried to get her to sign the custody/guardianship docs (per LM) would Bruce Dailey have gone with them in case she agreed to sign? I'm assuming JW took some document that he wanted her to sign.

It's aggravating that most of the interviews about that incident have been scrubbed from the internet. Wish we could talk to LM. He knows what happened.

I honestly can't remember. Some of those hearings I couldn't hear well.

I ended up using an external speaker, cranking it up. I'm going to miss some of the first day as I have an appointment at 1 pm.

ETA: If you listen to the video of the hearings on You Tube, the sound is much better.

Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered

In the second video - RN's final pre-trial hearing, you hear the Judge say all the other issues had been resolved except something about getting a written transcript of RN's grand jury testimony. She already had the recording.

The discussion about the papers in the tote bin is towards the end of the first of the two videos in the post - the Motion Hearing. It was a long video, he one when Gerlach put RN on the stand.

Last edited:
Would he accept a document that had been notarized by RN?

When the Wags went to Hanna and tried to get her to sign the custody/guardianship docs (per LM) would Bruce Dailey have gone with them in case she agreed to sign? I'm assuming JW took some document that he wanted her to sign.

It's aggravating that most of the interviews about that incident have been scrubbed from the internet. Wish we could talk to LM. He knows what happened.
That was a bad day JMO, Jake slipped up when he was getting interviewed by Chris Graves, quote ( I did not kick the door in that day)

All attorneys are able to notarize, and are able to witness signatures on greater complexities of docs than can notaries. Notaries are there to pick up the slack.
Attorneys are not automatically notary's, they still need to apply and get certified to each state. Just out of convenience, I suspect many lawyers (or their office staff) apply to become notary's.

I don't know how or when RN became a notary, though it is not uncommon for teachers or other school district employees to be notary's. Lots of government forms etc. need to be notarized.

2015 to 2017 was about 24,000 each year and nothing since! Either just didn't send in paperwork or was afraid to try :eek:
Me thinks things were coming unglued... All of this will tie into each other.
2015 to 2017 was about 24,000 each year and nothing since! Either just didn't send in paperwork or was afraid to try :eek:
Me thinks things were coming unglued... All of this will tie into each other.
I believe without a calendar of 2016, that they switched weekends because Hannah was due to deliver. I've heard the 15th is when Jake had S. He was to return her on the 22nd. This is the statement I remember but from whom or where, I can't recall.

S

As curious to me is that JW supposedly didn't use the Wagner's long time attorney Clark to draft these documents. I wonder why?

If there had been an amicable arrangement/agreement between JW and HMR, certainly most attorney's could draft those simple documents, so why wasn't Clark used?

We really don't know what routes Jake and George drove in their Semi. We also don't exactly know what they were hauling or who was paying them....
It was the day when he was talking to the judge about the tote marked important stuff Gerlach kept referring to the custody paperwork as of guardian ship papers, JMO

DBM

Judge denies state’s motion to delay Rita Newcomb trial
No, its not the same, though that's what the defense would like you to believe. Proof of forgery is a crime. It's not difficult to prove and the state has the evidence.

That said, I wish they hadn't bothered to try to go after FW and RN on these minor charges before trying the killers. The prosecution's strategy may have been to take them to trial to force them to make a deal, provide some additional evidence or testimony against the killers.

But these people are not normal, they're deranged criminals who are proud of who they are. They're a bunch of violent, amoral sociopaths who have spent most of lives swindling, cheating and victimizing others and see themselves as superior to law abiding, normal people. They were never going to deal with the prosecution, but instead are trying to use their crooked attorneys to play dirty tricks to discredit the courts and LE.

, arrogant criminals when RN addressed the court in such an insulting, menacing way. It showed when FW does interviews and insults the judge and law enforcement. So, maybe the state should have saved their cases for after the murder trials. IDK. All six of these criminals are going to keep appealing their cases as long as we taxpayers keep footing the bill, so their dirty tricks will continue as long as they draw breath.

"But these people are not normal" -- " they revealed themselves to be deranged"

Ha! Amen to that!

Last edited:

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Templat...ry/MemberDirectoryDetail.cfm&ContactID=226482

Not sure he was disbarred per se, but banned from practicing for administrative violations.

There was a discussion about this the other day when Dailey's name first appeared on RN's docket.

OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

I ended up using an external speaker, cranking it up. I'm going to miss some of the first day as I have an appointment at 1 pm.

That's a good idea about the speakers.
I only have my phone. No actual internet. You'll probably miss the door shot. Voir Dire, Arguments on latest defense info, etc. You won't miss too much I don't believe.

That was a bad day JMO, Jake slipped up when he was getting interviewed by Chris Graves, quote ( I did not kick the door in that day)
Was that the same interview JW stated "I reckon we only missed it by a couple hours". Angela then contact CG and demanded JW's remarks were "corrected" to state "JW had picked their child up a full week before the murders?

Was that the same interview JW stated "I reckon we only missed it by a couple hours". Angela then contact CG and demanded JW's remarks were "corrected" to state "JW had picked their child up a full week before the murders?
Yes it’s the one win LE figured out Jake and Angela has been lying to them all along, JMO I think Chris Graves was working with the BCI, Angela had a lot of trust in her.

I think so. She wrote so much and so well. Looking back it seems, sort of like a duh that it was definitely the Wags.
But I knew nothing much about them.

My 2 cents.
Need to get off phone. Eyes a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads